Princess Mushroom soup recipe

shofer

I posted this on the Princess board but figured I might get a better response here. Does anyone have the recipe for the mushroom soup? My DH had it on the Coral Princess and raved about it. I did not want to spend $35 for the Princess cookbook just for one recipe. If you are willing to share, I would be ever so grateful, as would hubby.

• 1 month later...

Did you get the recipe on the Princess board? I have the cookbook, just can't find it, my cookbook collection has overflowed the purpose built bookshelf unit, so they are now scattered around the house.

Found the cookbook, here is the recipe

CREAM OF PORCINI SOUP

Sauteed Wild Mushrooms

Serves 6 to 8

3 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup onion, diced

1/4 Cup leek, diced

1/2 cup celery, diced

1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced

1/2 pound porcini mushrooms, sliced

4 ounces shiitake mushrooms

4 ounces morel mushrooms

4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms

4 ounces oyster mushrooms

1/4 cup dry sherry

1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced

3 cups chicken or vegetable stock

2 cups fresh cream

2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped

1 tablespoon parsley, chopped

salt and pepper

nutmeg

tarragon springs

Melt the butter in a stock pot. Add the onions, leeks and celery and sauce over a moderate heat until the vegetables are tender and slightly translucent. Do not brown the vegetables. Reserve 6 or so pieces of each mushroom variety to be used later as garnish. Add the remainder of the mushrooms to the vegetables and sauce for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and most of the water has evaporated. Add the sherry and reduce. Add the potatoes and stock and simmer uncovered until all of the vegetables are tender.

Allow the soup to cool slightly so it can be handled without burning yourself. Using a blender, food processor or stick mixer, puree the soup. The soup should not be perfectly smooth, but should be palatable. Return the soup to the stock pot.

Using a whisk, slightly whip the cream until frothy. Return the soup to the stove. Add the cream and gently bring the soup to a simmer. Add the chopped tarragon and parsley and season with the salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg.

Saute the reserved mushroom pieces in a small amount of butter until tender and golden. Season with salt and pepper. Fill soup cups or bowls and arrange the sauteed mushroom pieces floating on the soup with a sprig of fresh tarragon.

Thank you! That sounds delicious! :)

Found the cookbook, here is the recipe

CREAM OF PORCINI SOUP

Sauteed Wild Mushrooms

Serves 6 to 8

3 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup onion, diced

1/4 Cup leek, diced

1/2 cup celery, diced

1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced

1/2 pound porcini mushrooms, sliced

4 ounces shiitake mushrooms

4 ounces morel mushrooms

4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms

4 ounces oyster mushrooms

1/4 cup dry sherry

1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced

3 cups chicken or vegetable stock

2 cups fresh cream

2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped

1 tablespoon parsley, chopped

salt and pepper

nutmeg

tarragon springs

Melt the butter in a stock pot. Add the onions, leeks and celery and sauce over a moderate heat until the vegetables are tender and slightly translucent. Do not brown the vegetables. Reserve 6 or so pieces of each mushroom variety to be used later as garnish. Add the remainder of the mushrooms to the vegetables and sauce for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and most of the water has evaporated. Add the sherry and reduce. Add the potatoes and stock and simmer uncovered until all of the vegetables are tender.

Allow the soup to cool slightly so it can be handled without burning yourself. Using a blender, food processor or stick mixer, puree the soup. The soup should not be perfectly smooth, but should be palatable. Return the soup to the stock pot.

Using a whisk, slightly whip the cream until frothy. Return the soup to the stove. Add the cream and gently bring the soup to a simmer. Add the chopped tarragon and parsley and season with the salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg.

Saute the reserved mushroom pieces in a small amount of butter until tender and golden. Season with salt and pepper. Fill soup cups or bowls and arrange the sauteed mushroom pieces floating on the soup with a sprig of fresh tarragon.

• 2 weeks later...
I posted this on the Princess board but figured I might get a better response here. Does anyone have the recipe for the mushroom soup? My DH had it on the Coral Princess and raved about it. I did not want to spend $35 for the Princess cookbook just for one recipe. If you are willing to share, I would be ever so grateful, as would hubby.

If you go onto the Princess website, there is a place to request recipes and they gladly send them to you. I have several cold fruit soup recipes that I had requested--and I have actually made them! Give it a try. Didn't even know they had a cookbook. Can't say that I have ever seen one on any of the Princess cruises I have been on. Bobi

Archived