Re:

tracey1212

Well everyone we have booked our cruise on the Majesty of the Seas today;) . I'm looking forward taking this trip with my family on next Feb. We got adjoining room and I think we are going to LOVE that!!! We are able to be next to our kids and we will have two bathrooms so no one want be fighting about who will go first.....We have an oceanview room and we are on the 4th floor which makes it easier for us to get on and off...Well will be asking questions as time come near....o yea do everyone have to have a passport??

tracey1212,

We are taking our kids (son 10 and step-daughter 11) on their first cruise next week on Majesty. Our first cruise was on Radiance earlier this month and we LOVED it.

As far as the passport issue goes, I would suggest you get them. I think that the kids (depending on their age) might be exempt but we are getting passports for our kids this year. I know it costs a little extra, but I think it is worth the hassle. You never know when they might up and change the rules.

My step-daughter and my wife have been to Mexico a few times on their own with just birth certificates, but passports just make life easier. Even though my wife and I didn't need them for our first cruise, we went ahead and got them anyway. Just makes traveling easier in my opinion.

Get the passports makes traveling a lot easier and they are going to be required anyway.. Adult ones are good for 10 years

I make photocopies and keep the orginals in our room on the cruiseship when in port..just in case of emergency

You may not need them but I would suggest you get them now if possible as the rules will most likely continue to change and the kids get older with each birthday. It makes any travel so much easier. Even though we don't have to have them when we go to Niagara Falls or Toronto 2 or 3 times each summer, it makes the border crossings so easy for all of us. Another reason is that you will be ready if a real last minute travel special that you can't refuse should pop up.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

tracy1212,

You will love your cruise on Majesty. I was in an oceanview once on her once and I think they are great rooms. They are pretty much the smallest oceanviews still on the seas with a major cruise line. I found that to not be an issue with just 2 people in a room - especially with someone you like.

If you keep your beds in an L configuration the floor seems much roomier. And there is so much storage. You'll be surprised at how much you can put away and hide in a room this size. Now that they have the flat screen TVs, there is even more counter space.

I was on the 5th floor right by the centrum when I was in the OV cabin. It sure was a great location. I'd take an OV on the 4th or 5th again without hesitation.

Now you have plenty of time to obsess over your planning. You can learn more than you even thought you wanted to know if you hang out here for the next year. :D

And I agree with everyone - go ahead and get everyone a passport. They make life easier.

It is my understanding that if you have an emergency and need to fly home unexpectantly that you need to have your passports.

I am traveling in 37 days (yeah!) on Grandeur of the Seas. The TA at RCI told me that in order for my 81 year old father in-law to fly back to the US for a medical emergency, he must have a passport. Not sure if that is required for kids but to be safe in an emergency it may be a good idea to have them.

To be safe, all 6 of us will have ours (2 kids, 4 adults). Have fun on your cruise!

It is my understanding that if you have an emergency and need to fly home unexpectantly that you need to have your passports.

I am traveling in 37 days (yeah!) on Grandeur of the Seas. The TA at RCI told me that in order for my 81 year old father in-law to fly back to the US for a medical emergency, he must have a passport. Not sure if that is required for kids but to be safe in an emergency it may be a good idea to have them.

To be safe, all 6 of us will have ours (2 kids, 4 adults). Have fun on your cruise!

Your TA is technically, but not completely correct. Persons seeking to enter the US by air are required to present a passport. However, in emergency situations the government has established contingency plans so that, in such instances US citizens without the required passport, will undergo a secondary screening process to establish their citizenship status. If your father-in-law is without a passport and has to fly back to the US, he will not be stranded in some foreign location. It won't be as simple as it would be if he had a passport, but he will be able to reenter the US. Hopefully, no such emergency will arise and he and the rest of you can enjoy a wonderful cruise.

Archived