Visas for China-- which company?

Bobblsc

We have a Uniworld tour/cruise in China this May. They have a tie in with Zierer (ZVS). I would be interested in knowing how their service is. I notice on the web that there are many visa supplying companies out there. Many are less expensive than Zierer and seem to offer 4 day service as the normal. The few dollars difference is not important if Zierer is more reliable, but Zierer seems to want up to a month to supply the visa.

Here is a question for those who have obtained a visa for China. What company (visa service) did you use and how was the service. I will really be grateful for your response.

Bob :confused:

Thank you, Paul and Denice, for your quick responses. If you are still there, could you tell me how long Zierer took to get the visas back to you?

Is there anyone else out there who has used a different company?

Thanks again Paul and Denice. If I don't get any positive information from someone who has used another company, I'll almost certainly go with Zierer.

Bob ;)

I've used ZVS twice...both times for China visas. In both cases, I sent my application in about 5 weeks before my trip. I got my passport back with the visa in a week. Their form had a place to choose how quickly you wanted to have the visa processed. Prices were based on how fast you wanted it done. Yes, they might be a little more expensive, but you are paying for whatever level of service you choose. I would recommend them 100%.

In 2005 we took a Viking trip to China. They recommend Generations. I compared costs with Zierer and found Generations to be less expensive. We used Generations and had the visa back in under 2 weeks without paying a premium charge. Keep in mind that you should not apply for a visa too early as the Chinese require that it be issued (I think) not more than 2 or 3 months prior to your expected date of arrival.

We used Zierer on a trip to Russia in the past and found their service also to be without complaint. I did not feel that Viking would recommend a company in which they did not have confidence and I appreciated the lower price.

There are a number of other companies on the web that are even cheaper but I know nothing about them. If you start early enough and put the cost on a credit card you would be protected from losing your money by the credit card company and could easily start over again if the first one did not come through as promised. After all, it isn't brain surgery. It just takes two trips to the Chinese Embassy, one to drop off the papers and the next to pick up the visa a few days later. The pay is handsome for such a minor task in my opinion. Of course, the fees that they collect are payable to the Chinese government. The service charges are what is kept by the visa service.

Clarence:)

Archived