Where Star Princess Docks in Stockholm 2007

I notice on the shore excursions for the Star Princess in Stockholm that a lot of them are only 3 to 4 hours long which doesn't make sense since the port of Nynashamn is 45 - 60 minutes away. Also, the port of Nynashamn is deleted from the itinerary page. Is the ship docking in Stockholm city for the Baltic/Northern Europe cruises 2007. Thanks

When I had a question of where we would be docking in the various ports, I wrote directly to the cruise line. I went to the cruise line website to find the e-mail address. In a few days, the cruise line wrote back with names and addresses for each of the ports. Then I went to Google maps and and looked up each of them (try the satellite view to see what the port looks like).

You can ask your question here but we don't work for the cruise line and we can make mistakes. I read on this list that my cruise would definitely be departing from Rotterdam in 2007 when in actuality it is departing from Amsterdam. Imagine my chagrin if I had changed all of my Amsterdam reservations to Rotterdam only to find when my tickets arrived in July -- when the hotels would already be well booked -- that I would be sailing from Amsterdam.

If it is a matter of fact, go to the source (your cruise line, your tour provider, your bank, the appropriate consulate, etc.); if it is a matter of opinion, ask your friends on Cruise Critic.

Yes, this year the good news for all Princess cruisers to the Baltic area is that at last Princess has abandoned Nynäshamn and will go into Stockholm. So you will no longer have to deal with the long transport and can enjoy Stockholm much better. There are a couple of places where the ships can dock in Stockholm, but from what I can see Star Princess seems to be bocked at Stadsgården. Right in the middle of the city!

Yes, the Star Princess is docking in Stockholm. I had a notification in my cruise Personalizer about this from Princess, the cruise director J.L. also mentioned this on this board and says it in his 2007 Baltics DVD that he sells on his website.

There are 2 docks mentioned for Stockholm, so we'll have to wait to find out which one for sure.

We are in port from 11:00am - 5:00pm, so have a shorter time in port, but do not need to tender and then train into Stockholm as done in previous years.

Greetings from onboard the dawn right now...

when I called Princess they said Stadsgarden, just didn't have the pier number yet. it's about a 15 minute walk to Gamla Stan and the ferry system to Vasa and Skansen.

if you check my roll call for May 22nd cruise ...john lawrence has provided info ....

K.

;) Something to investigate...I have the 2007 Princess Cruise Europe book which I just picked up on the Crown Princess last week. For the Star Princess stop in Stockholm this summer, the book indicates the arrival time is 7 am versus what's on the Princess website which shows an 11 am arrival. The departure time shows 5:30 pm, but their website shows 5 pm. There is a simialr discrepancy for Helsinki, but the rest of the stops seem to be okay.

In looking at other cruise related websites, they show the earlier arrival times as depicted in the book.

B&J

;) Something to investigate...I have the 2007 Princess Cruise Europe book which I just picked up on the Crown Princess last week. For the Star Princess stop in Stockholm this summer, the book indicates the arrival time is 7 am versus what's on the Princess website which shows an 11 am arrival. The departure time shows 5:30 pm, but their website shows 5 pm. There is a simialr discrepancy for Helsinki, but the rest of the stops seem to be okay.

In looking at other cruise related websites, they show the earlier arrival times as depicted in the book.

B&J

Sorry, it posted twice..

B&J

Just in the last month I received a notification in my cruise personalizer that the Star would be docking in Stockholm and the times were now 11am-5pm and we'd be leaving Copenhagen at 8pm instead of 9pm and arriving in Helsinki at 10am.

My guess is the book was printed before these changes were finalized.

Thanks all who posted a reply. Princess gave me the port info for Stockholm this year and it is indeed Stadsgarden #17. I had called previously and was still told Nynashamn but that was incorrect. We are docked in Stockholm city with Stadsgarden so it makes this beautiful city much more enjoyable to visit.

• 3 months later...
Is the Star Princess docking at Stadsgarden #17 for this season, as posted?

Thanks,

dog

To find out the docking information, go to the port website:

http://www.stoports.com/

Vessel Call --> Stockholm, then select "Expected cruise Vessels" in the Vessel Calls drop-down list, click "Visa/View" button.

The place in Stockholm where a ship will dock can change from one cruise to another. It can also change at short notice from where it has been booked to another dock. So even if you have checked where you will be docked you can never be certain.

But at least Princess no longer docks in Nynäshamn, that is the good news, and the important thing. No longer is there the need for one hour transport to get to Stockholm, and another hour to get back.

Archived