New diet snack tricks!

I snack on plain popcorn . . YUCK! We CAN fix it!

At our Blockbuster Video store (I know, strange place), they have a little shaker of popcorn butter flavor seasoning. It's pretty good. Only 3 calories and zero fat!!! They also have a cheddar flavor too. I can have flavor without cheating too much.

Please share your tricks too!

I'd been having an apple as a snack every afternoon. One day, it just didn't seem "enough" and I wanted something more interesting. So, I cut it into 8 chunks (removed the core) and put it into a cup with a packet of Splenda, a little cinnamon and a few raisins (optional, but we have them in the office for some weird reason), then microwaved for 4 minutes. Yum! Totally satisfying "baked" apple! I now have it almost every day.

In a diet book I just read, for popcorn, it suggested spritzing on a bit of extra virgin olive oil in place of butter. Yes, it will add a bit of calories and fat but it's the good fat. The kind we are supposed to have every day. I haven't tried this yet. If anyone else has, let me know if it's any good.

Yum! These are great ideas!

The sugar free jello in the grocery store fridge section is really good. Those fill me up more than the popcorn and there's more flavor.

Cherrios is not the greatest diet food but 1/2 dry c is enough snack to fill me up.

I snack on plain popcorn . . YUCK! We CAN fix it!

At our Blockbuster Video store (I know, strange place), they have a little shaker of popcorn butter flavor seasoning. It's pretty good. Only 3 calories and zero fat!!! They also have a cheddar flavor too. I can have flavor without cheating too much.

Please share your tricks too!

My grocery store has some of that sprinkle stuff for popcorn too. My favorites are White Cheddar and Carmel. It's called Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning.

I like to snack on carrots too. Sometimes I dip them in fat free ranch dressing.

I'd been having an apple as a snack every afternoon. One day, it just didn't seem "enough" and I wanted something more interesting. So, I cut it into 8 chunks (removed the core) and put it into a cup with a packet of Splenda, a little cinnamon and a few raisins (optional, but we have them in the office for some weird reason), then microwaved for 4 minutes. Yum! Totally satisfying "baked" apple! I now have it almost every day.

Add some lite cool whip & it would be perfect! :D

I love the Sugar Free Jello PUDDING in the refrigerator section (you know - ready made.) It tastes yummy, is nice and creamy, and really hits that "chocolate button" - if that's your thing!!

I love that, too - especially the new "dulce de leche" flavor - yum! I do add a blob of Cool Whip to that.

but it kills my worst craving...Chocolate covered Altoids...for those of us on WW, the serving size is 2 mints and it's ZERO points! It's dark chocolate, and if you can resist the urge to chew, the flavor lasts a very long time. I have to hide them from the kids, they're too good to share. :)

A diabetic coworker shared some candy with me and now I'm hooked. It's Baskin Robbins sugar free hard candy. There are a few different flavors. I found it at the dollar store of all places! Sucking on hard candy keeps me from wanting to snack or nibble.

SusieQusie - I love that pudding too. If I don't get my chocolate fix at least once a day . . . :eek:

Gerif, Can we just eat the tub coolwhip?? YUMM!!!!

So far, I'm still at -4 pounds. I've only got 35 days to get rid of another 9 pounds. I feel like I'll need 35 months!

I love both chocolate and coffee. With the word out about pure cocoa being good for you on a daily basis, I have devised this trick. Mix equal amounts of instant coffee ( decaf is fine too), cocoa powder, and splenda. Put two teaspoons in a cup, or to taste, add boiling water, and you have a hot mocha to die for.!! I mix it in large quantities and just keep it in a plastic container in the cupboard. Splenda in the large bag is a whole lot less expensive than in smaller amounts.

Coffee, cocoa powder, and splenda huh? That sounds good! I've been doing something similar but a little easier at work. Brewed coffee from the cafateria sweetened with Nestle' Carb Select Hot Cocoa Mix (has less sugar and fat than the sugar free variety). Not too bad.

Have you tried that instant coffee and chocolate ice cream in a shake? YUM!

OH great . . now I'm hungry. :)

I recently had a co-worker tell me to spray "Crisco" butter flavored cooking spray on the popcorn. She said it has to be Crisco brand or there is a nasty aftertaste (especially with Pam).

This works great - tastes like buttered popcorn and gives that greasy hand feeling of being really bad with almost no added calories.

I also love fruit so I snack on apples, bananas and pineapple a lot.

Heather

In the summer I buy a whole watermelon, cut it up into cubes and put it in ziploc containers in the freezer..take it out, let it thaw a little, then eat it like a slushy, or put it in the blender for a frozen drink.

I saw those popcorn flavorings at Blockbuster last week, and I'm always snacking on those 100-cal. popcorn bags (Well, not snacking on the bags! :p ) so I'll have to pick one (or two) up next time I'm there.

Other snacks I like are frozen grapes and frozen yogurt--actually putting yogurt (I use the Dannon Light 'n Fit -- just 60 calories.) in the freezer. When you freeze things, it takes longer to eat, so it feels like you're eating more!

Oh, and if I want a big filling meal for very few calories (that's not a salad) Egg Beaters are great! I can make a huge omelet for 60 calories!

And I also love the Quaker "Lower Sugar" oatmeal packets--just 110 or 120 calories, depending on which flavor you choose. I add cinnamon and Equal, and it tastes great! It's also pretty filling for such few calories.

Act 2 popcorn has just come out with a new flavor that I tried last night. It's buttery cinnamon with only 25 cals per cup, no sugar grams and no transfat. Really satisfied the sugar craving I had last night.

Lynn

Afternoons between 3 and 4pm are the hardest for me. Sometimes carrot sticks or a salad does the trick but if I get the munchies really bad, I'll eat some nuts. You have to be careful though. Count them out. No more than 1 oz of nuts which comes out to be about 25 whole pieces (walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc.) I try to get the raw, unsalted nuts if I can. It will be about 170 calories for 25. I usually try eating 5 first and if that doesn't do the trick, I'll eat five more. Don't think I've ever had to eat 25 to feel satisfied. They really take the edge off and keep me satisfied until suppertime. Besides, they are good for us and have the good kind of fat in them.

but it kills my worst craving...Chocolate covered Altoids...for those of us on WW, the serving size is 2 mints and it's ZERO points! It's dark chocolate, and if you can resist the urge to chew, the flavor lasts a very long time. I have to hide them from the kids, they're too good to share. :)

I love those choc cover Altoids! They are a good fix for choc cravings. I find I need to drink lots of water all day and evening. It really does help cut down on cravings. Also try eating often - every 3 hours! Piece of fruit, handle full of almonds, non-fat yorgurt, etc.

I have no clue where I heard this and have yet to try it...

Get 2 lowfat chocolate grahm crackers, put no-fat or low fat coolwip on it to make a sandwich, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze...ice cream sandwich (well close at least)

:):) Wow theres some great tips on here!!! I have a chocolate addiction...as I'm sure most of us do!!! but heres how I get around it...Hershey makes 60 calorie chocolate sticks...they're small...but soooo good! also sugar free hot cocoa is a good way to get some chocolate with only about 60 cals.

Archived