? phone numbers for St. Marks and Doge' Palace Secret It. Tour

Does anyone have phone numbers for tickets to either of these places? I have tried using the web and I keep getting errors. We will be there in early June, and I know some have had luck getting tickets on line, but we have not. Thanks for any info.

I clipped this from somewhere - hope it helps:

Piazza San Marco, including the Basilica San Marco (pay the extra fee to view the Pala d'Oro), the Palazzo Ducale and the Campanile (elevator ride to the top for a pigeon-eye view of Venice). The Basilica's rooftop also offers a tremendous view. Campanile de San Marco, on the Piazza San Marco, phone 041/5224064. Admission is €6, hours vary by season with the Campanile staying open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the summer months and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the rest of the year. Admission to the Basilica is free, but you’ll pay €1.50 to visit the on-site St. Mark’s Museum and €2 to visit the Treasury. Hours also vary by what you’re visiting. For the Basilica, Tesoro, and Pala d'Oro: summer Mon-Sat 9:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sun 2-5 p.m. (in winter usually closes an hour earlier). Museo Marciano: summer daily 9:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. (in winter usually closes an hour earlier).

I kept getting a recordered message when I called that was in Italian and I couldn't understand. I sent an email to the hotel we are staying at and they booked it for us. Must be booked about 2 months in advance.:)

Can't help with phone numbers. However, I came back from Venice yesterday, and did the secret tour on saturday. The tours are limited to 20. In english they are presently 9.55 a.m., 10.45 a.m. and 11.35 a.m., and last 75 minutes. The cost is 16 euros each, but this includes admission to the rest of the Doges palace. I suspect they may be hard to book before you go as the numbers are so limited.

I'm not sure why you are looking for a contact for St. Marks, as it is open free to the public except for the extra areas, which you just pay on the spot to see.

Regards,

Paul S

Can't help with phone numbers. However, I came back from Venice yesterday, and did the secret tour on saturday. The tours are limited to 20. In english they are presently 9.55 a.m., 10.45 a.m. and 11.35 a.m., and last 75 minutes. The cost is 16 euros each, but this includes admission to the rest of the Doges palace. I suspect they may be hard to book before you go as the numbers are so limited.

I'm not sure why you are looking for a contact for St. Marks, as it is open free to the public except for the extra areas, which you just pay on the spot to see.

Regards,

Paul S

Do you have a minute to post your opinion on this tour? Did you find it interesting, were you able to hear the guide?

If you are traveling to Venice in the summer months, getting the free tickets to the St. Mark's Basillica will save you from waiting in line for a very long time. The St. Mark's website to get tickets will start operating on April 1. The tickets are available at this site. http://www.alata.it/eng/BOOKING/sanmarco.asp

Doges Palace Secret Itinerary tour tickets are available at http://www.teleart.org/itinerarisegreti/month.php?cal=english2006&getdate=20070501

Last week, tickets were only available through the end of May, but it gets updated regularly. Through this site the tickets are 16 euros each.

MavisMarie,

The guide was an Italian lady with good English. She was very informative and interesting - her husband is an Architect. However, there are a number of guides so I don't know who you will get. You do get to hear rather a lot about Casanova!

There are a lot of steps and some narrow doorways. You can't take photos once you get beyond the first floor loggia, and unless very small, bags have to be checked (I couldn't take my camera shoulder bag). She was very strict about not touching anything or even leaning against walls, etc.

Regards,

Paul S

MavisMarie,

The guide was an Italian lady with good English. She was very informative and interesting - her husband is an Architect. However, there are a number of guides so I don't know who you will get. You do get to hear rather a lot about Casanova!

There are a lot of steps and some narrow doorways. You can't take photos once you get beyond the first floor loggia, and unless very small, bags have to be checked (I couldn't take my camera shoulder bag). She was very strict about not touching anything or even leaning against walls, etc.

Regards,

Paul S

Paul, thank you for the comments. I will post your information to our Roll Call thread. 40 of us are taking this tour and we are all looking forward to it. I've been in the Doge's Palace three times, but have never done the Secret Itinerary and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I appreciate your help. :)

nanatravel,

One of the folks on our cruise was having a terrible time getting her tickets. I am not sure how far you are getting, but she got to the credit card processing before it failed. I had the same problem. I was using an Amex card and had to use the 3 digits on the back of the card for the CSSV code rather than the 4 on the front. See if that solves your problem. It did for me and our friends.

Archived