Explorer/Voyager class Aft Cabins deck 6

Hi. Just wondering how you enjoyed room 6388 on Adventure of Seas. I looked for a review but was unable to locate it.

We are considering 6388 for an upcoming cruise and some comments on Cruise Critic make me a bit concerned

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Richard

• 2 years later...

I have always wanted an aft cabin and when one became available (6688) I was so excited. I thought we could look over the balcony railing directly to the ocean. But from what I have learned on the board and some pics, now I'm disappointed. If anyone has been in 6688 on the Explorer, I would love to hear your thoughts. Is the size of the balcony worth the metal obstructions and distance to the water view? Looks like the porthole side is a more accessible view to looking over the side. I can always go back to our usual balcony cabin, but now the prices have gone up! :(

Had 7688 last year on ExOS. Don't think I would book 6688 or 6388 because of the expanse of deck beyond them. Even one deck up the view is much better. In addition, I believe the porthole you are speaking about is not accessible from the cabin on deck 6. We did have it in our balcony on deck7 and loved the additional view area.

On our upcoming AOS trip we were unable to get 7388 and had to settle for 7390 (one in) but I keep checking for one of the corners on 7 or 9 to open (don't want deck 8 because of the balcony access configuration:(. Hope one of them does before February!

Have you looked at voyager-class.com to see if there are pics of your cabin and the view? It could be a valuable tool for you:)

Karen

Thanks so much for your input on the aft cabins. I looked at the site and it was very helpful. You're right the corner aft cabins on deck 6 do not have access to the corner port hole openings. They are actually in the grey area. :( I was okay with the expansive grey area if I had the side view like you did on deck 7.

Oh boy! Now I need to find a different cabin. Guess I will be calling RCCL today. Thanks a bunch!!

Laurie

Archived