199.00 cruise i read on the review board

texasnana

i was reading reviews of Estacy and found that someone got 199.00 rooms for a fall 2006 cruise. Is that normal. I know that they are not the top of the line of rooms probably the upper and lower. How often does that price get that low??

i was reading reviews of Estacy and found that someone got 199.00 rooms for a fall 2006 cruise. Is that normal. I know that they are not the top of the line of rooms probably the upper and lower. How often does that price get that low??

Pretty normal, I have seen $179,189,199 cabins on the 3 and 4 days cruises. Now, of course these cruises are usually during peak hurricane season or the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here is an example

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=KWM&groupInd=&shipCode=FS&durDays=4&subRegionCode=CW

If I lived in Florida..I would be hopping on these deals.

There was some good deals last fall. I saw a last minute deal for 5 day western carib in early November for $149. Don't remember what ship, but 5 days for $149!?! It's more expensive than that to stay home..

The Ectasy rarely gets that low. I saw it for one day at $189, but didnt grab soon enough. We paid $239 plus tax.

My only problem with that ship was the step up into the bathrooms, my sister has a balance problem and falls easily. For a normal person it probably isnt a big deal.

The best rates like mentioned above you usually only find out of Florida.

Pretty normal, I have seen $179,189,199 cabins on the 3 and 4 days cruises.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=KWM&groupInd=&shipCode=FS&durDays=4&subRegionCode=CW

If I lived in Florida..I would be hopping on these deals.

I totally looked at those numbers wrong at first. :eek: :eek:

-Mike

Back in January (2007) we got a rate of $208 per person with taxes included for an oceanview cabin. There were 3 of us in the cabin. The first 2 passenger prices were as follows $199.00 per person plus 22.00 taxes for a total of $442.00 then the 3rd person was $159.00 plus $22.00 taxes ($181.00) so if you add up $442.00 plus $181.00 you get $623.00 then divide that by 3 and your get $207.67 per person. THIS WAS A PAST GUEST RATE. It was a 4 night cruise going only to Cozumel.

I was able to get that price for my friends on Sensation. But you have to see what the person is saying. We paid $200 for the 1st and 2nd, $100 for the 3rd and 4th, then $154 EACH for port fees/govt taxes/etc.

I was able to do the same price on Elation in November. That was for OV.

I totally looked at those numbers wrong at first. :eek: :eek:

-Mike

You and me both, i work nights so i just woke up, am drinking my coffee now, eyes half open. When I read those numbers i thought you guys were crazy:p. Space after apostrophe people :p.

we paid $279+ :D PP for 2 A and 2K adjoining insides on Empress deck on the Easter cruise!! 5 nights...only problem will be getting to and from Galveston from Michigan:eek: oh how I envey those that are closer to ports!:rolleyes:

We live in Missisippi. We are a 2 hours drive from Mobile cruise port which is to the east of us and we are a 2 hours drive to New Orleans which is to the West of us.

we paid $279+ :D PP for 2 A and 2K adjoining insides on Empress deck on the Easter cruise!! 5 nights...only problem will be getting to and from Galveston from Michigan:eek: oh how I envey those that are closer to ports!:rolleyes:

We just found and booked a 7 night southern Craibbean on Destiny for $369.00 pp out of San Juan that includes 5 ports. With the airfare from Texas of $300 that is only $669 for 7 nights in paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
We just found and booked a 7 night southern Craibbean on Destiny for $369.00 pp out of San Juan that includes 5 ports. With the airfare from Texas of $300 that is only $669 for 7 nights in paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the date of this cruise?

Hi Suzin,

The Destiny cruise is the September 2 sailing. We found the $369 rate on an online travel site www.smartcruiser.com. It is for a cat. 4C inside. They are the only ones to have it this cheap. Carnival offered the same exact room I booked for $569. Other sites have 4C's listed for $469. Only smartcruiser has it for $369. We have used them for 6 cruises and to top it off it comes with free travel insurance.

Hope this helps......

Hi Suzin,

The Destiny cruise is the September 2 sailing. We found the $369 rate on an online travel site www.smartcruiser.com. It is for a cat. 4C inside. They are the only ones to have it this cheap. Carnival offered the same exact room I booked for $569. Other sites have 4C's listed for $469. Only smartcruiser has it for $369. We have used them for 6 cruises and to top it off it comes with free travel insurance.

Hope this helps......

You do realize you are booked in the "Night Owl" rooms. They are right above the disco, that why the price is discounted. Destiny is the only ship that offers these 4c's. It was a design flaw in the ship, its cool if you plan to be in the disco until it shuts down at 3am, if not I hope you are a sound sleeper.

Here is a link..it seems the TA you used offers these without warning to guests

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2850399#post2850399

:cool: wonder if ear plugs would help with the night owl rooms???

Did you follow the link I posted. Most said it was the bass from the speakers. I would think it noise and vibration. Again, not the room to book if you go to bed before 3am. It cheap for a good reason.

We have been VERY lucky and cruised at 200 - 299 PP (2 adults and 2 kids) for the last 4 7 day cruises. Now we have not planned our cruises long term. The longest notice we had on was about 8 days. Most of them we booked on Wednesday before the Sunday sailing day. So we get last minute rates which

can be great. But this doesn't allways work and is not for everyone.

Archived