There are still some wonderful values for fall cruises........just booked

sail7seas

I mentioned here we wanted to book another Maasdam cruise to repeat the cruise we just took for Canada/New England. We thought the price quote to be absurd and refused to book it.

But, DH did not want to wait until our next book cruise In January on Veendam to get away, so......I so generously, graciously and without complaint obliged him and sought out an alternative.

:) Just booked Zuiderdam (again) for October and got a great discount on an "S".

For the price we would have paid on Maasdam (which included only one way air from Boston to Montreal), that seven day cruise would have cost over $8,000 for the two of us. Absurd IMO

I just booked Zuiderdam and one day pre-cruise, two days post cruise, seven days on the ship and first class round trip air on AA for alot less money.

Sure glad we didn't give in and agree to that horrible rate. There are still some very excellent discounts on fall Caribbean sailings.

That sounds great. We're anxious to return to Canada/New England. That voyage aboard the beautiful Rotterdam is still among our favorites. However, we have our fall trip already (Prinsendam, Mediterranean) so we'll just have to wait until later.

We preferred October 9 but there were no suites we wanted. So we booked October 2. DH's first choice was your cruise (He wanted to go back to St. Thomas). I'm happy with Western Carib as I have a few things I want to do in Cozumel. We've done both routes so very many times that it really doesn't matter much either way.

How I would love to book in the fall, but that's not possible for us as my husband is a teacher and we also won't take our son out of school.

Thankfully for our upcoming HAL cruise from Montreal to Boston, HAL is running a free bus to Montreal on embarkation day. This saves us a bundle, as we otherwise would have had to pay for three one-way air tickets, hotel, and meals. The downside is that we won't get to see much of Montreal, but it's close enough to us that we can visit for a long weekend later on.

Sorry I got off-topic there...

Congratulations on the booking, sail7seas! (I enjoy Cozumel as well. :) )

Good for you sail7seas,:p Just knowing that the wait is only 2 months away is GREAT. We had first booked the Westerdam for March of 2005 then when we realized how long till we could cruise we decided to book the Ryndam for November. Now I wished we would of booked for October then I would not still have over a 100 days to go. Do you have anything planned for after the Veendam in January? We are now considering either the 10 day Ryndam for Oct. 2005 or the Oosterdam in October 2005. Amazingly the price is about the same for the 10 day as the 7 day. We have not even been in our first S suite and we are already pricing S Suites for all the upcoming cruises.:D

I am happy for you, I think it is important to always have something you really love to look forward to.

That's fabulous S7S!!

There are some nice prices out there presently, which makes it so absurd about their price on the other cruise!:eek: Can't wait to hear a full report, as I still am not sure about cruising on the Vista's because of their size.:cool:

Thanks, Lisa (s), KK and Localady. We're pleased to have made this booking.

We absolutely never do seven day cruises as I think it not worth packing and flying etc for so short but, ironically, our cruise last week on Maasdam was only seven and now Zudm is seven days.

Of course, for Maasdam it was only a thirty minute drive to the ship. For Zudm, DH has a fierce schedule and can only be away from his office ten days. We'll do one day pre-cruise and two days post at Pier 66 but, alas, only one week on Zuiderdam. That will feel so odd to be leaving after just the one week.

THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A COMPLAINT, I PROMISE. It is just an "observation". I'm thrilled with the booking and appreicate our most extraordinary good fortune to be able to sail as often as we do.

After the Zudm booking, the only other cruise we have booked is Veendam in January.

There are, indeed, some fantastic deals out there. And not just for this Fall. It looks like I'm going to try out my first Vista -- the Oosterdam -- on Feb 5th 2005. I'm booking her for a Mexico cruise out of San Diego. One just can't beat that price.

Much as I love HAL, I think their pricing on Canada/NE and Hawaii cruises is over the top. When I cruise to those places, I'm going to be forced to go on another cruise line.

I got a deal on a Dec. 11-18 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Zaandam. Prices have remained steady but lots of cabins still aren't booked. Since so many people on this board are childless, I'm surprised more haven't taken advantage of it.

Roz

Every wife should be so generous , gracious and obliging as you are *LOL*

That is just great that you have another "Dam" cruise to look forward to.Glad you got such a good price . There are good deals out there, you just have to scout around a little. I love Cozumel too.

In Fact GF and I also leave on Oct 2 for Las Vegas and then onto Cali to see her dad.

Have agreat cruise :)

Every wife should be so generous , gracious and obliging as you are *LOL*

;) :D ;) Isn't he just the luckiest guy in the world!!!??? :)

Vicar.....hope you and GF have a wonderful time in Las Vegas. We've sure enjoyed some great timesthrough the years in that crazy place. It is way too fun!!!

we also will be on that sailing, cat.S- hope to see you in the Neptune lounge. I will be the one wearing a headband. Say hello. sorry we will not have the pleasure of s7s company on our sailing. We are renting a car in Tortola if interested. vjb

S7S,

He is VERY lucky, He could have ended up with a woman who gets seasick and hates to cruise *LOL*

Thank you, We will have a great time. :) We both have been there several times ourselves . You can't help but have a good time there. They have been adding so much, its like going to different place everytime you go.

Really looking forward to going to Palm Springs too. I have never been and I hear it really is beautiful,

Good one, S7S. Somehow I don't think that your DH would have to put your arm very far up you back to persuade you. LOL.

"We absolutely never do seven day cruises as I think it not worth packing and flying etc for so short".

I think DH and I must be a bit mad as we have taken one week vacations in Florida several times. Hmmm, that's set me thinking - how do we raise the extra cash needed - may be we should just stop eating, which would save enough several times over.

Sue's Mom.... :) Of course, you are not mad. Most all cruisers take seven days cruises far more often than anything else. That is what most people have the time for; the amount of vacation they can take at one time and the funds.

But, if one can take a little longer vacation and is fortunate to have a few extra dollars at this stage of our lives, it is great being away longer if it is possible. I am one of those people who truly hates flying. It has nothing at all to do with fear but everything to do with the horrid treatment and discomfort inflicted upon the flying public. IMO

S7S

I agree with you about flying.

I don't mind the actual flying itself, its the getting to the airport, the parking, the lines , the delays , the getting the baggage, the cancelations, etc, etc, etc

As much as I can't wait to go on this trip ,I am dreading all the flying involved.

vjb...... :) Slassy sounds okay :)

There really is no First Class on domestic flights anymore. Sure, we get a larger seat but that is about it. All first class provides is a bit more room.....and sometimes a disgusting plate of something they put in front of us and call it food. If one wishes to drink themselves into oblivion I suppose they could put down a number of nips but that would not substantiate the difference in the price of the ticket IMO

Archived