Mayan Ruins

My family and I want to see some Mayan Ruins on our cruise to the Western Carribbean. Are there any sites that are not too too time consuming that are worth seeing? We don't want to spend all day looking at ruins -- we still want time for the beach!!

We are going to the following places:

Cozumel / Playa del Carmen

Costa Maya

Belize

Grand Cayman.

Also, were you able to get to these ruins without booking thru the cruise? Could you book independently?

Thanks to anyone who can help us out!!

I have the perfect excursion for you! David and Ivan have a wonderful excursion company that will take you to see the ruins while at Costa Maya. You will have time afterwards to sit on the beach in Majahual and enjoy some food, sun, a massage, and wonderful relaxation! If you check out the Costa Maya board you will see hundreds of us who have loved this tour.

I have some pictures in my signature that might whet your appetite!

I have the perfect excursion for you! David and Ivan have a wonderful excursion company that will take you to see the ruins while at Costa Maya. You will have time afterwards to sit on the beach in Majahual and enjoy some food, sun, a massage, and wonderful relaxation! If you check out the Costa Maya board you will see hundreds of us who have loved this tour.

I have some pictures in my signature that might whet your appetite!

Just wanted to second the kudos for David and Ivan. It was an unforgettable part of our trip. These guys are great, and genuine, honest and interesting...

We went with Ivan and ended up driving back with him in a small car. We get to hear more about his life and the changes he has seen.. It was amazing.

If you make a port stop at Playa del Carmen, Tolum is very close by and very, very impressive. Sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean. If you don't stop at Playa del Carmen, then you have to take a ferry ride. Tolum is on the mainland and Cozumel is an off shore island.

We did the New River Excursion in Belize through Royal Caribbean which included a long boat ride through true jungle and a hike to some very nice ruins hidden in the jungle. In Cozumel we went to Tulum with a stop at Xel-Ha to cool off in a beautiful natural water park for snorkeling. Both tours were great. Because of the distances involved I would recommend both to be done through the ship. We were delayed returning to the ship in Cozumel and it waited for us! You can view our pictures of both excursions by clicking on the link in my signature under "Explorer of the Seas Family Reunion Cruise".

Archived