Can I cancel an excursion and receive my $ back?

Hi there,

I am thinking of booking a Carnival excursion before my upcoming cruise next week. I was going to wait to book onboard, but am afriad that it might sellout.. My question is, can i cancel my excursion and receive my $ back if the weather that day is miserable? Can I cancel the day of the excursion?

thanks.

pam

You cannot cancel the day of the excursion and get your money back. Usually, the cut off date for cancelling is the evening 2 days before the tour, ie if the tour is on Wednesday, you must cancel by Monday evening. The ship will include in the daily announcements the exact time and date.

Paul

A funny thing happened to a friend of mine while doing a girl's trip on Celebrity....

There were 4 friends sailing in 2 cabins and they had an excursion reserved. One of the 4 decided she didn't really "feel" like going so she called down and cancelled the excursion. When she asked if she would get a refund, she was told the only way she would get a refund would be if she had a medical problem and went to the infirmary. (The excursion was cancelled within 24 hours of the reservation) So, she went to the infirmary and told the MD that she had a stomach ache and was put in quarenteen for 24 hours! The charge for the infirmary was a lot more than the $40 excursion she didn't want to go on! Needless to say, she wasn't the first person to think of that excuse and honesty is always the best policy:)

Can I cancel the day of the excursion?

A few years ago you could on Carnival and get a 100% credit. They were the exception. Now, according to their website: Once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable.

Hi there,

I am thinking of booking a Carnival excursion before my upcoming cruise next week. I was going to wait to book onboard, but am afriad that it might sellout.. My question is, can i cancel my excursion and receive my $ back if the weather that day is miserable? Can I cancel the day of the excursion?

thanks.

pam

If you cancel it on board ship-you are refunded 50% but if you book another excursion in place it you are refunded the differance-now this was back in 2003-and we canceled 48 hours before the tour-so before the 24 hour thing.

I know was afraid river tubing would be too strenious for me and we learned that-but we were able to trade it for a sight seeing tour and I was refunded the differance-so I did that as at least I got something for my money-instead of just losing it-and it worked out great as the sight seeing tour was less then half the rivertubing so I actually got more back then if I had just canceled the river tubing.

Go to Carnivals website and look under shore excursion FAQ's. They will spell out what type of refund if any, you will get. They will also tell you how many days in advance u need to cancel to get any money back. Most cruise lines have the same policies. they have to take your money and forward it to the local tour company for whatever country you are in. so if they cancel at the last minute, they still get charged by the tour company.

We were literally waiting in line to tender off, and discovered we had somehow bought an extra ticket for the Tulum Excursion. We brought it to the attention of the employee directing the line, and were sent to the service desk. We received a full refund. It was our fault, but Carnival made it right. That was back in Jan. 05, but we came away with a good feeling about how it was handled.

Archived