EZ cruise parking...

bnsilly

Is this a good place to park in Galveston during our cruise? How long does it take to get to the ship from there and how often do they run their shuttle? Also, are they already waiting there for us upon our return?? :confused: Thanks for any info...

We have used them 2 times and will be using them again for our upcoming cruise. However we drop off our luggage and then walk to the terminal which is about 2 blocks. We also walk back with our luggage instead of waiting on a shuttle when we disembark. We have to work the next day so we want to get on the road as soon as possible. There is usually a line waiting on the shuttle and we usually are the first ones out of the lot. We have never had any problems using them.

Sometimes I will walk to get the car and the wife will wait at the terminal with the luggage while I go to pick her up. There is no closer parking lot.

Have used them about 5 or 6 times now and will be using them this next week.:)

I did have one small issue with EZ Parking when we used them. We were the first ones there and we parked our car and went down to the area to wait for the vans to carry us to the ship. We had to wait a little while because the previous passengers had not all gotten off yet. I am not able to stand for long periods of time so I sat down in the chairs they provided. While we waited other people started coming and were waiting also. I thought surely they would have some type of system so that the first people who arrived would get the first vans to the ships. No, the last people just started pushing up to the vans and loading their luggage on. No one asked who was there first or anything. My husband finally went up there and told them that we had arrived first so they let us get on one but I feel that this should be handled a little better. Especially if people are unable to stand in line. It would be good if they gave out some type of ticket to show who arrived first so the van drivers could look at them and see who should go ahead of whom. That would make it a littler fairer. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. Other than that everyone was very nice and it worked out well for us.

We had the same problem that EZ cruise had two ships to shuttle back and forth, Carnival had gotten into port late, so we who were taking the Princess Grand had to wait on a shuttle bus extra long. However, we got into a line and they filled up a school bus with all of us when they did come back to shuttle us there, and only did a smaller shuttle bus in front of us for the Carnival. We did not have a problem of folks being taken out of order that we got to the tent to get picked up.

Iv parked with them twice and only waited that one time. I did the Express walk off both times and we were the first ones off this last time and only waited a few minutes for the shuttle to fill up and be dropped off at our car.

We got off the ship at 7:15, were shuttled back to our car and were leaving Galveston by 7:50 seening the sign for Houston. I don't think walking the two blocks would have saved any time at all. That makes no sense to me.

Be sure to use their online site and print the receipt to save $5 ahead of time. We do it the night before. We plan to use EZCruise again in April.

We love EZ-cruise parking. We have used them for our last three cruises. I drop off my wife at the pier with our luggage. I go park and walk the two blocks back. When we return I go get the car and drive back to the pier to pick up my wife and our luggage.

They provide a shuttle but it looks like a hassle to use. The port parking is more expensive and requires the use of a shuttle so I consider that an even worse option. If you can't walk two blocks I guess you must use the shuttle, but if you can manage to simply walk two blocks it is your best option by far.

I am thinking about using EZ Cruise parking next month. Do you need to make a reservation or is it first come first serve? Also, will the lot fill up fast if we wit until around 11:30ish to park?:o

You can reserve and pay online. By doing so you will recieve a $5 discount. We have always arrived at 11:00, maybe a few minutes earlier or later and never had a problem finding a space.

I don't have their web page link. I'm sure it is on this board somewhere but you could just google EZ Cruise parking Galveston

We've used them 3 times but the last time was not fun but it was not entirely their fault. It was crowded at arrival, someone mentioned another ship had not diembarked yet. We were there about 2 hours waiting on shuttle. The best thing to do is one of you get dropped off at terminal and go into line after dropping off luggage. The other one drive to lot and walked the 2 blocks without luggage. We had dome this in past and is so much easier than shuttle.

Archived