11-03-07 cruise, Galveston hotel availability?

THERUDYS

Hope someone can tell me why most hotels are not available the week of 11-03-07. Have never cruised from Galveston before and am disappointed with limited choices. Is it always like this?

It appears your date is the problem. Per http://www.galveston.com/calendarofevents/ the Lone Star Motorcycle Rally is in November.

Motorcycles_Wheelie_prv.gif

Here is the site for the rally November 1 - 4, 2007: http://www.lonestarrally.com/

You might try some of the other areas mentioned in other threads such as Texas City, La Marque, Clear Lake/NASA, etc. However, they may already be full too. This thing is HUGE! I was caught up in it just going to a BBQ at a friend's house in Galveston last November. 080402gudl_prv.gif in your quest for a room!!

Kat110105_emYA11_prv.gif

:eek: Oh no! We're sailing with TheRudys and now that I know what is going on, I'll never get DH on the ship! He'll want to be part of the motorcycle rally!! LOL

Thanks Kat - maybe we'll have to stay in Houston and shuttle it to Galveston on our embarkation day.

Don't worry TheRudys - if it comes down to it, we can pitch tents at my aunt's house! LOL

Booked the Quality Inn. Needed 5 rooms and they had'em so I booked'em! Should be an adventure w/all the bikers, but since we know what to expect we can relax and go with the flow. Just hope hotel is clean. We don't care about how posh it is, just can't sleep with critters crawling around. All we (PGuppy and I) need to book is a limo or van service to get us from the airport to hotel. We seem to be the cruise directors/ring leaders :D

Archived