Thursday Weigh-in 3/8/07

WeirdEyes

Happy Thursday, everyone!!!

How did everyone do this week with their weight loss and inches lost? (I thought I'd throw that in cause some of us focus on inches also.)

I lost one pound this week. I'm sort of disappointed because on Tues., the scale showed that I had lost 3 lbs...today it shows one. My goal is one pound a week so I guess I should be happy. On a brighter note, I've lost a bunch of inches since January!!

Can't wait to hear from all of you! Have a great day...........

Hi Sheila! I want to keep you company! It is so lonely on our other thread!!!

Gained back what I lost last week. Today I am starting to journal again. Weight is not too terrible, but want to lose that 1 and 1/2 pounds...for gown shopping, which I haven't done this week because we are in a deep freeze and that turns me off!

Hope everyone has a great day!

I lost 1.5 pounds this week. But it's not as good as it sounds because I gained 3 pounds the week before. (I knew those darn Girl Scout cookies would mess me up!) So I'm still 1.5 pounds more than I was 2 weeks ago. :( But at least I'm moving in the right direction again.

that I didn't gain!!! This was a bad week for me, opening day baseball picnic w/ lots of great food and 2 birthdays (dd on the 6th and ds today). I still manages to be down .6:rolleyes: I'm sure it will bite me in tht b*%! tomorrow! My goal is 6 lbs by the 31st. I gotta keep focused:mad:

Everyone have a great week!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Good Morning Sheila/all,

I lost 1 lb. Not huge but I'm now closer to a 1_5 number instead of a 1_0 number on the scale and that feels great!

Just have to keep going down.

Everyone seems to be doing well. Let's keep up the good work. Sorry some of you are having such cold temps. I'll try to send some CA sun your way.

Hi, everyone!!! Slow and steady is always best.

Earlier this week I got on the scale and it said I was UP three lbs. I was ecstatic. It was not to be..... it was just before that TOM -- I've lost it all and am reporting a stay the same.... again.

Good Morning Fellow Loosers:) Wow it looks like everyone is having a good week between losses and stay the same. That is Great:cool:

I am happy to report that I am down 1.5 pounds this week OK I will admit the number 150:o But since I started this challenge January 1st at 164.5 I now have just a week to loose 2 pounds which will be my goal for this cruise. I wanted to be able to get to 148 but in truth if the scale says the 140's of any number I will be thrilled:D

I can really tell a difference in my clothes. Last November before the last cruise I was dieting but not exercising like I am now and when I left was weighing 154 and I think I was much larger. I have been trying on capris and shorts that I wore the last cruise to find that several are too big;) That is a great feeling, but never fear I have plenty of things on the other side of the closet that are one size smaller that fit great.

Have a great week everyone.

Oops - almost forgot to check in today! Down 1/2 lb. - not great, but I wasn't very good last weekend. Can I please have some of that Las Vegas (or California) weather - please, please, please. I know I'd be out walking if it wasn't so darned cold out there - brrrrrrrr.

Everyone keep up the good work this week - whenever I have a bad weigh-in, I just look back at where I was a year ago and it cheers me right up. Just one more pound to go to hit the 70 lb. mark - I never thought I'd get here, but slow and steady . . . .

Wow! Congratulations Geri! That is terrific.

I seem to have found the 5 lbs I lost 2 weeks ago.

However, I have been following a Prevention Magazine treadmill walking plan for a week. Today DD needed the car so I walked to my dental appt. 30 mins each way. I stopped exercising a year ago so this is a big deal for me to get started again. I have personal training sessions waiting for me at the YMCA, but I need to work up to that. My trainer is a tiny Russian who trained for the Olympics in gymnastics and track but blew her knee so she never got to compete. But, she trains you as if you were going to the Olympics! An hour with her and you are totally done in...

Leaving for Myrtle Beach tomorrow for March Break. Hopefully when I get back I will be able to report a loss.

Mo

Oops! Almost forgot weigh-in!

I'm down .8 lbs. this week! :)

I was down 4 lbs. earlier this week due to the blasted stomach flu. :(

I'm over it!

My DH told me that I should have lost more than .8 this week since I was sick. This p****d me off. I think any loss should be celebrated!

I told him that I probably would have if I didn't go out to eat with him and have roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans... Oh, also we went to the show and had popcorn with butter and he poured the salt to mine! This was the night before I weighed in at WW. He told me that shouldn't have done it. My food should have already been digested. I told him he was crazy and I've been eating ever since.

Why do I do this to myself?

That's why I have you guys, because I sure don't get any help at home.

Oh well tomorrow is another day...it's not too late to do a U-turn!!!

Crystal

Boy do I hear ya, HB Cruiser! My DH.....not sure about the D part...lol....will never understand the struggle I go through because he has always fought to put on weight. He can eat and eat and doesn't gain an ounce! He'll be eating something delicious and fattening and I'll say I want some and he'll say...you shouldn't have this. I just look at him and get so p*ssed that I eat even more of it than I would have if he just would have kept his mouth shut! LOL :rolleyes:

Ha - my husband has the WORST eating habits. He pours melted butter all over baked potatoes and pancakes, eats the entire skin off a roast chicken (or turkey), never eats breakfast but snacks all evening and keeps a big jar of Lindt truffles next to his recliner! Oh, yeah - he is not overweight and has perfect cholesterol. He is 66 with emphysema so does no aerobic exercise either. Life is not fair. He has no choice but to eat "healthy" when I cook (except for the chicken skin), but makes up for it when we go out - I'm there with my broiled fish and steamed veggies and he's got his big steak or pasta dish with sausage.

I used to have a small custom cake business before I started breeding cats (quit doing it when a kitten dove into a wedding cake I was assembling) and still like to bake a lot (made over 300 cookies for Christmas - ate none) - he and my cat sitter gobble it all down and never gain an ounce. I don't touch it and struggle. I'll repeat - life is not fair.

I started hitting the weights at the gyn this week instead of just cardio. Since I am at my target weight and still look a little "soft", I've decided to put on as much muscle as possible in 4 weeks to try and firm up before my cruise! Good job everyone and remember we do this for us not our (D)Hs:D .

Shelly

Archived