Mother/Daughter Mediterranean Escape Sweepstakes

redrobin

I'll probably get flamed for this, but it really doesn't seem to be in the right spirit to think of winning and taking a friend or spouse or whatever. This one is for mothers and daughters on Mother's Day --- other contests have other intentions.

We have the skill test thing in the UK as well. The logic is that if it's just a random draw, it's gambling, which puts it into a whole other world of regulations and rules - gambling is legal here, but tightly regulated. So there has to be a skill test, which means it's not technically gambling, but it is really, because the "test" is usually just embarrassing. The test is generally in advance of the draw. It might be something like:

The President of the USA is:

1/ George Tree

2/ George Bush

3/ George Shrub

I note Brits can't enter, which foils my plan to dress my 19 year old son and I in skirts and blouses. Mind you, it's Friday, we might have a few beers and do it anyway........................

I think in all reality anyone can enter unless they are in the groups specifically excluded. (Does Quebec have some law that prevents its residents from entering contests like this?) And the person that wins can take whomever they wish. What about daughters with deceased mothers, etc?

BTW, If I were to win a cruise I could definitely find someone to take with me and be ready in time!! :D

Thanks for the link!

Being an English Canadian living in Quebec, this does not surprise me at all. The reason Quebec is excluded is the fact that the contest is not translated into French - so any anglophones and francophones are therefore eliminated. This is an old problem here in this province. This just gets me so mad!!!!

We have the skill test thing in the UK as well. The logic is that if it's just a random draw, it's gambling, which puts it into a whole other world of regulations and rules - gambling is legal here, but tightly regulated. So there has to be a skill test, which means it's not technically gambling, but it is really, because the "test" is usually just embarrassing. The test is generally in advance of the draw. It might be something like:

The President of the USA is:

1/ George Tree

2/ George Bush

3/ George Shrub

I note Brits can't enter, which foils my plan to dress my 19 year old son and I in skirts and blouses. Mind you, it's Friday, we might have a few beers and do it anyway........................

Love you sense of humor! Keep um coming. :p :D :o

• 2 weeks later...

I read the rules, and although it's billed as a Mother/Daughter thing, there's no mention in the rules about having to be female to enter, so I entered. If I win and they give me a hard time because I'm not female, I'm prepared to go in drag. I'm picturing a Mrs. Doubtfire approach, and DW can be my daughter.

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

According to Princess Web site this was in the original press release:

Contestants may enter by logging onto www.princess.com/mothersdayescape for a chance to win “The Ultimate Mother and Daughter Mediterranean Escape.” The winners will sail on the May 5-17 Greek Isles/Mediterranean Emerald Princess sailing, the inaugural celebration cruise during which the ships will be simultaneously named on May 12. The winning mother and daughter will be announced on April 12.

I have not heard of any announcement about mother and daughter winners. Now that the plans have changed, maybe they decided to cancel this contest and sell the reserved mini-suite in order to allow two more people the chance to participate (at cost) in the delayed naming ceremony.

SCSam- I hate to burst your bubble- but don't you have to be female to be a mother?:confused:

Not in some of the inner-city neighborhoods I used to teach in!:rolleyes: The word "mother" has a whole different meaning.

Archived