Mother/Daughter Mediterranean Escape Sweepstakes

redrobin

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I just noticed the ad and entry form on the Princess website for a mother/daughter Mediterranean escape. The sweepstakes runs from now until April 8. Cruise will be May 5-17, 2007 aboard the Emerald Princess. Good luck to those who enter!

I would love to enter, however only having a month to get ready for that kind of trip would be maddening! Get time off work, research, etc! However I am very happy to see the choices made for the godmothers and daughter of these ships. I think they made great choices. I am also wondering if the picture in the article is that of the Emerald. We are booked for a sailing on her in December. It looks beautiful if it is.

Good luck also to all those entering the contest!

I'm not very computer savy, but hope this gets you there. If not, maybe someone else can post the link.

http://www.princess.com/mothersdayescape/

I also thought Princess isn't giving the winner a lot of time to prepare! :)

that was a perfect link, thanks.

I clicked on the link to the Mother/Daughter Cruise giveaway, and being the skeptic that I am, I began to read the "Official Rules" Following is an excerpt from the rules. (If you don't believe it, check it out yourself!)

Drawing and Skill-Testing Question for Canadian Residents: If selected entrant is a Canadian resident, in order to win the Prize, the selected entrant must first correctly answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone at a predetermined mutually agreeable time. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another eligible entrant, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. By entering, entrants agree that the Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all regards with respect to the Sweepstakes.

What is that all about??? I'm not Canadian, but if I was, I'd sure have some questions for Princess.

The Canadian testing thing is very strange. I wonder if there is some type of contest law in Canada that requires that to win.

I agree, this contest is very spur of the moment and doesnt give any time to prepare. If the mother/daughter combination includes one of them being in school this time frame would not work. Also, winners must have a valid passport to travel. Oh well....great contest for those that could take advantage of a quick contest win.

Just wondering what others thought. I looked at the fine print and I noticed it talks about the 'Winner' and 'Travel Guest'. The rules are pretty explicit in other details, like the skills test. :) So, even though it's advertised as a Mother/Daughter contest, do you think it means if you won you'd be allowed to cruise with someone other than your mother or daughter? Of course, if publicity photos are taken, it might look quite odd posing for a mother/daughter picture with your husband, or having two guys cruise, as opposed to say a woman and her friend or sister. :D :D

I was reading the so-called official rules and came upon the following:

WHO MAY ENTER: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) employees of Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or employees; (b) officers, employees or agents of any organizations directly involved with this Sweepstakes, including any co-Sponsor of the Sweepstakes; © immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) and (b) above. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Where on earth does it say that only "Mothers" or "Daughters" can enter?

I know that is what the contest is about but the rules do not say that. Be interesting to find out it is won by let say 2 males!

How wonderful it would be to win this cruise and be able to travel with my daughter (who is also my best friend). She is 35, has two small children, an executive level job and no passport. No one with obligations like she has would be able to prepare in time!

I was reading the so-called official rules and came upon the following:

WHO MAY ENTER: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) employees of Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or employees; (b) officers, employees or agents of any organizations directly involved with this Sweepstakes, including any co-Sponsor of the Sweepstakes; © immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) and (b) above. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Where on earth does it say that only "Mothers" or "Daughters" can enter?

I know that is what the contest is about but the rules do not say that. Be interesting to find out it is won by let say 2 males!

That's how I read things too. Now I'm curious to see who wins! As I said before, good luck to all who enter! :)

I think in all reality anyone can enter unless they are in the groups specifically excluded. (Does Quebec have some law that prevents its residents from entering contests like this?) And the person that wins can take whomever they wish. What about daughters with deceased mothers, etc?

BTW, If I were to win a cruise I could definitely find someone to take with me and be ready in time!! :D

Thanks for the link!

Skill testing question is pretty standard in Canada. I feel it is part of a sweepstakes law. Also, Quebec does have different regulations and they are quite often not allowed to enter different contest I have in Canada.

The Canada thing is normal for all types of "contests" like this. Basically there's some Canadian law that requires a skill test of some sort for this type of concert. Therefore they all throw that in. If you read the language for any giveaway open to Canadians, it'll be in there.

Canada has their regulations and laws and the US has theirs. What's the big deal? So you answer on the phone that 2 +2 is 4. I am sure it is almost that simple. The small print is always there to cover liability and laws of countries involved. Someone should read the small print when leasing a vehicle!!!!!!

Seriously, enter. May is 2 mos away. You can get an expedited passport in a max. of 14 business days! Now when do they tell the winner though! Hopefully, like you guys are mentioning, 1 month! I entered. My daughter has just sent away for her passport for our upcoming October Panama Canal cruise. Would love to go with her on this one, even though just got back from Med. cruise last September. Would love to go again. But is she couldn't get more time off then I would take my "other" daughter, my DH!!!!!! Yes, nowhere does it say who has to go. I am a mom and I have a daughter. Doesn't say you have to take her specifically!!! Hey, I would love to have that problem of who to go, because then it would mean I had won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(grin)

Congrats to whoever wins. That's a great cruise. I am assuming it includes airfare RT!!!!!!!!

Pooh

• 2 weeks later...

I just entered this contest, thanks!

Funny thing about the skill testing question in Canada. My daughter (12) won a ice cream sundae in the McDonalds monopoly contest, she wanted to run in and get one, and we waited in the car. I could see her through the window - it was taking forever, she was at the side of the counter.

Finally we went in......... duh, it was the skill testing math question, (math is not her strong suit ;) ) She was trying to do it longhand on a napkin LOL

Just signed up to win

One year my mom and I were traveling in Europe (by plane, train, etc. no cruise)

On Mother's day she had breakfast in Brugge and dinner in Paris...she swears I will never be able to top that...

Come on Princess... :D

and if I win.....this is when it will become REALLY interesting...

the cruise ends on May 17th I will need to fly back to SFO, and then be ready to fly back out to Copenhagen 2 days later,

because my Scandinavia/Russia cruise with my husband is on May 22nd!

I'm sure customs will have fun tracking me....

Archived