Macau?

WIT

I did a day tour from Hong Kong and enjoyed Macau. There is lots of old Portugeese history to see and enjoy so be sure you track that down. If you do a day tour w/ a chinese company they tend to want to show you the chinese part of the city...but the old P. stuff is really cool.

They have a tower there w/ a partial glass floor....I believe now the new sky walk in the Grand Canyon also has a glass floor....its a trip walking on that kind of surface. Your mind says one thing and your body does not want to believe! Have fun!!!

I did a day tour from Hong Kong and enjoyed Macau. There is lots of old Portugeese history to see and enjoy so be sure you track that down. If you do a day tour w/ a chinese company they tend to want to show you the chinese part of the city...but the old P. stuff is really cool.

They have a tower there w/ a partial glass floor....I believe now the new sky walk in the Grand Canyon also has a glass floor....its a trip walking on that kind of surface. Your mind says one thing and your body does not want to believe! Have fun!!!

jetset - Your suggestion to look for the Portuguese heritage in Macau is appreciated. We loved the salt cod in Lisbon and hope to find it again.

WIT

I wish I could remember more names and directions....but alas..the mind is going!! :) Im sure you'll do find.....hire a guide or just read a good guide book. Enjoy!!! There is lots of delicious blue tile to be found...at least there was when I was there!!!

We took the Hydrofoil from HK to Macau for a day. I believe it was about a 30 minute trip.

Paul

Thanks, Paul - We go for culture, food and art (not necessarily in that order) and it sounds like Macau has a full day available for us. WIT

Hi WIT,

DH has been to Hong Kong in December. He took the TurboJet ferry from the ferry terminal. According to their website it´s 55 min to Macao. Economy Class is o.k., Super Class is serving a light meal which is not necessary on a 55 min ride. Ferries are going about every half hour. It might be a good idea to make a reservation during high season. Here´s the website

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/turbojet_serviceroutes_rev.htm

steamboats

Hi WIT,

DH has been to Hong Kong in December. He took the TurboJet ferry from the ferry terminal. According to their website it´s 55 min to Macao. Economy Class is o.k., Super Class is serving a light meal which is not necessary on a 55 min ride. Ferries are going about every half hour. It might be a good idea to make a reservation during high season. Here´s the website

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/turbojet_serviceroutes_rev.htm

steamboats

Thanks, steamboats, we will definitely make reservations. It looks like the same ferry will be taking us for a dinner the night before in Kowloon. WIT

Archived