Mobile Terminal Directions

blwms

Coming from Montgomery on I-65 some say exit at I-165 and some say stay until I-10 before exiting. My question: I know you have to make a u-turn at some point if you take the I-165 exit. Is this a difficult (traffic-wise) turn to make? It just seems much closer than going to the I-10 exit/ Any experiences?

Coming from Montgomery on I-65 some say take the I-165 exit to the terminal and others say stay until the I-10 exit. I know that at somepoint on the I-165 you will have to make a u-turn back to the terminal. Is this a difficult (traffic-wise) turn to make? Seems much closer than the I-10 way. (sorry i posted this first by accident on the Carnival board and I know better. Thought I was here. So it may be moved and then there will be two here. sorry)

Here ya Go...These are for the I-165 route which is the shortest. Traffic is not that heavy.

I have two good directions to port one will save you about 10-15 mins.

depending on traffic.

Take I -65 south to interstate I-165 south (exit 9) follow it until you get to your first redlight. to you right will be a housing project and the Mobile Press Register building ( tall building with glass front) and across the street from it is a Exxon station. Go straight this will be Water st.

On Water street Stay in the center lane if you can. There is some construction ahead of you in which the right lane is closed. they from time to time close the center lane briefly. It you are forced to move to the left lane get back to the center lane as soon as you can. just after the construction you will pass under a walkway going from a parking gararge to the Mobile Convention center. Convention center will be to your left and the parking garage and a tall hotel with construction going on in front will be on your right and in front of you is the ship. here's where it gets confusing... after passing under the redlight next to the hotel, Stay to your Right The cars to your left will be going onto interstate 10 west. You Will be merging to a road to your right, between a whitebuild on the right and the entrance to the Interstate. I will explain what to do if you make a mistake its no biggie.

After You have merged right follow the road and you will see a blinking taffic signal the interstate ramp will be to your left above you. Look left after passing the blinking signal and you will see the ship again. at the next turn lane left makea u-turn and get inline for a Great cruise.

definitely I-165 is much shorter, and avoids all of the traffic thru town....no problem getting into the port or parking garage from the highway....watch your speed though, they are heavy on the speeding tickets in that area!

Have a safe trip!

Beverly

... sorry i posted this first by accident on the Carnival board and I know better. Thought I was here. So it may be moved and then there will be two here. sorry.

The two threads have been merged here in the correct forum.

I hope this will be satisfactory.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived