Is there a child fare?

Sox Fan Cruiser

Okay, this is probably a really stupid question but I think all prices are per person no matter what the age, correct? Teenagers are the same as 30 year olds? And I seriously doubt there are senior discounts for cruising?:D

But my brother and wife are bringing their child who is about 2 months shy of 3 years old at the time of sailing. Do we have to pay a full fare for him too?

just don't cruise in the summer if you want a significant difference in the 3rd/4th passenger rates. We looked at an inside cabin for June 17th on the CB. The price was $899 for pax 1 & 2. Pax 3 and 4 were $849 each. For another $100 we could have 2 cabins.

In the fall and winter you can get some good rates that way though and I guess if you look hard enough you may be able to find a good 3rd/4th rate in the summer.

Bill

S.S. Ocenalover is correct. The 3rd/4th rates vary greatly depending on when you book for (how peak a time it is or holiday times). We have two kids and have seen very cheap 3rd/4th rates up to the exact same rate for 3rd/4th where it is the same to get 2 cabins instead.

In general, for non peak times you can expect an average of 30-50% discount for the 3rd/4th person. That really helps drop the average price per person down.

David

Okay, this is probably a really stupid question but I think all prices are per person no matter what the age, correct? Teenagers are the same as 30 year olds? And I seriously doubt there are senior discounts for cruising?:D

But my brother and wife are bringing their child who is about 2 months shy of 3 years old at the time of sailing. Do we have to pay a full fare for him too?

Yes, children pay the 3/4 passenger fare. Sometimes cruiselines have specials for children.

You are incorrect in your doubt for senior discounts. Most lines offer discounts for seniors (55+), military, residency and sometimes police/fire/teachers. This wouldn't be for all cruises. You have to check.

You are incorrect in your doubt for senior discounts.
While that may be true on many other lines, there are no senior discounts on Princess ( and this thread is on the Princess boards) :). On Princess, the only applicable discount is for military rates (active or 20+ years retired).

Archived