If we miss our early seating could we eat late?

Is it possible to ask if there are any spaces open at the late seating? Maybe they know someone said they will be in Chops that night. Do they try to let others fill in unused seats?

If you miss early seating you can eat in the windjammer. They won't let you eat at the late seating in the main dining room.

I guess you could go and ask, there could be no harm in it, just not how sure they would be willingly do it. If they have a table that has not consistently showed up they might be able to accommodate you, but most likely you would have to wait a few minutes after normal seating time so that they could see what is available.

Anytime we have missed our dining time we have just gone to the buffet.

On our last cruise, we met a couple who wanted early seating but got late. They were never allowed into the dining room to eat, even though there were tables that never had guests. They need to keep the tables free in case the original diners want to use their table. We invited them to eat with us twice when we knew our dinner companions would not be there. They were allowed to do this.

My friend and I were on Enchantment in September. When we said we weren't going to make it the next night for dinner because we were going to be gone late on a tour our dinner companions asked if we could be seated at the second seating. The waiters said sure, but we said we would probably go to the casual dining spot that night. The next night our waiter asked us where we were and said they had been looking for us at the second seating. I guess you could ask and see what they say.

Disneygirl, since you are worried about making it to dinner on time, or not making to early seating, why don't you do late seating? That should give you enough time to make it. That would be less stressful for you and help to make your cruise more enjoyable.

I know on our constellation cruise, that had late port nights. People did eat at late seating who were early. They waited until around 10-15 minutes and then seated them..sometimes right away..Maybe they had a list of people who would not be there that night.

I know on our constellation cruise, that had late port nights. People did eat at late seating who were early. They waited until around 10-15 minutes and then seated them..sometimes right away..Maybe they had a list of people who would not be there that night.

What is a constellation cruise?

###

Is it possible to ask if there are any spaces open at the late seating? Maybe they know someone said they will be in Chops that night. Do they try to let others fill in unused seats?

Please don't worry about missing your dinner seating. We were like that on our first cruise but since then decided we enjoyed the convenience of the buffet, no certain schedule to keep, much more relaxing and we always find something there we like, maybe even more choices than dinner. On last cruise with Princess, they had anytime seating. You could go to dinner at your own time and convenience and didn't feel that you had to be there at a certain time. Loved it and hope more cruise lines will start this trend.

Have a great relaxing cruise!

Just plan to be on time! Everyone else is!

NO- 'everyone else' is NOT always on time- in the real world excurs. get held up, people get sick or have to attend to kids, others are late--- please!

When we did Radiance last spring, my DH was VERY late coming back from a solo trip to ruins... we couldnt find each other and i was very frantic- by the time we got it all sorted and he changed and showered- we were late and went to the WJ to eat- HOWEVER - our waiter the next nite told us that there is ALWAYS empty seats- and in fact 'our' table had been empty that nite and he was lonely!!! He told us to just come on in and all would be fine....and before you flame me- I DID try to call several numbers to ask them to tell him that we were going to the WJ- and they told me-"its ok- the waiters dont care who does or doesnt show up..."

and yes- we tipped just the same...

I know this is total sacrilege here, but DH and I really enjoyed Freestyle on our NCLA cruise last December.

beachchick

Your comments were not at all sacrilege. For some unknown reason many diners feel compeled or at least obligated to show up in the dinning room every evening.

On the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships there are many eating venues other than the dining room. Most of which, I might add, are superior to the dining room. On a seven night cruise we rarely eat in the dining room more that three nights. And, yes we tip the recommend amount.

this happens from time to time...when on vacation you either over sleep or loose track of time or have a hot slot machine that you can't pry your self away from...if they have open seats at a table they will put you almost anywhere...DO NOT WORRY THE LAST THING YOU WILL DO ON A CRUISE IS TO GO HUNGRY...

That was a worthwhile contribution to this thread :rolleyes:

To the OP - if you feel that you are going to be late I would talk to the Maitre 'D. They will do their best to accomodate you.

You may be on a late excursion - for example Liberty Western has a 7pm sail time for Cozumel - some people may be late to the 6pm seating and it may not be their fault.

I guess that night they wish they were on Princess with anytime dining.

Archived