INSIGNIA:3/15/05 Barbados/Barcelona & 4/1/05 Barcelona/Istanbul

aaannnthony

Rehi Everybody!

So, what are we thinking? Who votes for going to the beach on the Greek Islands, and, who votes for schlepping around more ruins? I'm hearing that the temperatures will be 75 to 80 for that segment of our cruise.....
But I feel so guilty "missing things". :confused:

"If you want to take bad photographs of classical debris, Come to Me, Come to Me"... -Noel Coward-

LOL

Jim & Stan

my wife and i received a promo for this transatlantic cruise.
we are considering booking and we are looking for the best price. we have a deposit on the millennium for a may transatlantic but they changed the itinerary.
if anyone has any important ideas re:booking this transatlantic,please let us know.
we sailed renaissance a few years ago and really enjoyed the casual and eating anytime idea.
take care
burtshell

• 4 weeks later...
March 15 transatlantic, we have booked with Lawrence in Antigua but he doesn't have minimum numbers so anyone could also book with him independently if he has space. We will do the dockyard and some of the sights and then spend some time at a beach.

On St Lucia re received a quote of $160 + some entry fees from Fabian for a tour that could take four people. We were interested in a tour and the opportunity to snorkel at Anse Chastenet. I understood this to be one of the best snorkeling areas although it is a black sand beach. I have read one negative report about the snorkling there, maybe the weather had been bad, I don't know the reason. We have not committed anything and was going to take a look again at what Oceania offered. If this is of any interest, let me know.

Below is the website for the Oceania Yahoo Group. On the web site page is a spot to join the group. Whoever set it up spelled Oceania wrong. Please join, and use advice on the board to sign up for the yahoo parties for a specific cruise. I notice you are planning the Nov 28 Athens to Singapore cruise. Please sign up for that one too. My hubby and I seem to be the only 2 signed up so far.

[url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OceanaCruiser/[/url]

Sandy Koller

Actually Sandy, that would be me. At the time the board was started Oceania WAS spelling the cruise line name as Oceana, they changed it midstream - too much work to change the board over to that name.

Laura

[quote name='sandy2004']Below is the website for the Oceania Yahoo Group. On the web site page is a spot to join the group. Whoever set it up spelled Oceania wrong.
Sandy Koller[/QUOTE]

edited for grammar

I've just gone back and reviewed all posts to this thread. It appears there are five cc'ers, or ten pax, on the 3/15 transatlantic, as follows: Howard B in cabin 3027, aaannnthony (Fran & Anthony) in cabin 6051, John 2003 from Canada (currently on the ship from Manaus), Rickey 88 (Dick), and Jimgib (Jim) from Gibraltar.

Please post your names and cabin #'s and let's plan on getting together on the ship, perhaps at the second day sailaway at St. Lucia.

Good idea. Not enough of us to get a party but I am sure we can arrange our own!!
We are unfortunately not on the ship at he moment as we had to cancel that segment!

John and Jenny Ellis Cabin 3017 (not the verandah that we had originally booked from Manaus!).

Just picked up our tickets and we are in 4041 so things have looked up. We cancelled due to a bad experience on a trip in December which caused us not to want to go quite that close to the Equator again so soon. Too much heat and humidity. All is now well. We look forward to speaking to people on board to see how they found teh Amazon. Hopefully we will do it another year.
As we lost some money on the cancellation we took the porthole cabin transatlantic to lick our wounds!

Too bad there's only 8 booked so far for the Yahoo party - it's a nice way to get to know fellow cruisers. We (Dick & Vivian) will be getting on in Barbados next week and are in 8048. Hope to see more of you then.....

Hello again -

We will be in cabin 6008 rather than 3027. Looking forward to the trip next week and meeting all of you. Please keep us informed on any informal get-together planned.

Out of curiousisty - do you have anything particular planned for any fo the port stops yet?

Howard and Don

Okay, we've all reported, here's the scoreboard for the TRANSATLANTIC TEN, alphabetically!

aaannnthony.....Fran & Anthony (6051)
Howard B.....Howard & Don (6008)
jimjib....Sue & Jim (7114)
john2003....Jenny & John (4041)
Rickey 88....Vivian & Dick (8048)

Let's meet at the poolside bar just b/4 sailaway, St. Lucia. We can then make further plans for dinner that evening!

Archived