Conquest worth $400 more than Ectasy?

firefly333

We have a deposit for $469 late Oct 07, but I see Ectasy we can get an inside for $269 and outside for $289 on a certain site, i.e. about $400 less for the cabin booked.

Is it worth $400 more to be on the Conquest?

We are flexible about dates, but would like to go out of Galveston and no one but Carnival this fall is going out of Galveston, no competition. Any guesses how the lack of competition will affect last minute prices? I have not been cruising except this past year when there was lots of great last minute prices, no other experience to compare it to.

The Conquest is a 7 day, the Ecstacy is a 4 or 5 day (probably a 4 day for the price you list). That's why you have a price difference. Is it worth it? That's up to you...how long do you like to cruise?

No, the price Im listing for the Ectasy is for a 5 day. VTG has repeat customers special pricing cheaper than on Carnival's site it looks like to me. $269 inside or $289 outside.

Iv found 2 dates for the Ectasy that have the $289 repeat customer special on outside cabins, and several more at $299.

You ask if its worth it is up to me?? Iv been asking myself for weeks if its worth it to me. I really dont know. I live close enough to drive to the port. We have been on 3 cruises since late Oct 06 and have one planned next month, if that makes any difference.

I really dont know if its worth it or not, thats why Im asking if anyone has any input.

For me, the question would be "Is a 7 day worth $400 more than a 5 day?" rather than "Is the Conquest worth $400 more?" For the savings, you could maybe do 2 - 5 day cruises instead of the one 7 day. How many other cruises are you going on? For me, I like to at least do a 7 day, and possibly a shorter one if I can arrange it. If this was my only cruise for the year, I'd spend the money and do the 7 day.

Its not the only cruise this year, it will probably be the 3rd of 4 this year. I promised folks I would drive up to Ohio this summer in between the 2nd and 3rd cruises for this year.

We just like to go often, dont care about cabins and such. I like the drive to Galveston, so thats not a deterent. I know some folks say its not worth driving down for a 5 day cruise.

I keep hoping there will be a special on one or the other and make the decision more clear cut. There is no such thing as a bad cruise, we just like going.

Iv changed my mind so many times in the last 2 weeks, Im driving myself crazy. I just cant make up my mind.

Archived