Constellation Family Ocean Staterooms 7202

site41

My wife and I sailed on the Constellation back in January (2007) and we meant to post these pictures for other people who are curious about the corner family ocean staterooms.

When we were doing our research we could not really find any detailed pictures for the aft FV rooms.... so here you go....

We were able to book the room for just the two of us... The room is 7202 - which is the corner room of the aft starboard side... The wrap around balcony gives you about a 240-270 view depending on where you are standing... You enter the room on the starboard side of the ship... as you open the main cabin door there is a 15-20 foot hallway... as you open up the second door you are in the cabin and you have to make an immediate right turn... BTW - this room is right over the Penthouse...

The pictures are sequenced as if you just walked into the room....

Here are the pictures....

http://community.webshots.com/user/Connie7202

We stayed in corner FV 9197 during our Constellation transatlantic last April. We loved the room and balcony although the vibrations we experienced caused many sleepless nights.

WOW

The last thing I would have expected from the pod propulsion system on board this ship. Also I note that you were on an upper deck

Any idea as to cause?

WOW

The last thing I would have expected from the pod propulsion system on board this ship. Also I note that you were on an upper deck

Any idea as to cause?

It was mostly in the open sea. Once we entered the English Channel the vibrations were less severe. The vibrations were coming from the engine. We spoke to someone in the corner FV on the opposite side of deck 9 (9156) and she was experiencing the same thing we were. Felt like an earthquake.

We stayed in corner FV 9197 during our Constellation transatlantic last April. We loved the room and balcony although the vibrations we experienced caused many sleepless nights.

We were in #7206, and were told that the severe vibrations were due to the rough seas, and waves baffling against the stabilizers. We've been on the other M-Class ships, also having aft cabins, and never felt anything like what we experienced on that transatlantic crossing. That was quite a storm we had...

Karyn

We have been in Cabin 8181 and 7202 on Summit and the only time that we had some vibration was on the way back from Hawaii when we had rough seas and were on full speed.

We will be in 7202 on Connie during our upcoming cruise.

Thanks for the pictures!

Astrid

We'll be in Constellation 7202 this coming June. We've had aft CCs and FVs on 7 and 8 and have definitely felt more vibration and movement than in other cabins when the seas get rough. Obviously it hasn't stopped us from booking these cabins when we can! We've also heard, what I liken to a bowling alley sound, at times--kind of like a rolling and thumping sound. Again, we're still booking aft cabins so it's not enough to keep me away from the wonderful balconies.

We were in #7206, and were told that the severe vibrations were due to the rough seas, and waves baffling against the stabilizers. We've been on the other M-Class ships, also having aft cabins, and never felt anything like what we experienced on that transatlantic crossing. That was quite a storm we had...

Karyn

It wasn't only during the storm. It was throughout the majority of the cruise. The storm only last about 36 hrs. Needless to say we'll be staying towards the front of the ship next time. :)

• 3 months later...
We have been in Cabin 8181 and 7202 on Summit and the only time that we had some vibration was on the way back from Hawaii when we had rough seas and were on full speed.

We will be in 7202 on Connie during our upcoming cruise.

Thanks for the pictures!

Astrid

Is there any difference between the 7202 and 8181 aside from being on opposite sides of the ship? One smaller than the other? We have been in 7199 and I have booked 8181 and don't want to be disappointed.

erms

Is there any difference between the 7202 and 8181 aside from being on opposite sides of the ship? One smaller than the other? We have been in 7199 and I have booked 8181 and don't want to be disappointed.

erms

No, there is no difference in cabin size or layout. There is a very minor difference in the balcony shape and the little "window" at the end of the balcony is a little bigger on deck 7 vs deck 8.

Astrid

It wasn't only during the storm. It was throughout the majority of the cruise. The storm only last about 36 hrs. Needless to say we'll be staying towards the front of the ship next time. :)

That's very odd. I was in 7208 in March on Constellation and never felt a thing. I didn't even notice any vibration when going into port in the mornings.

Phil

That's very odd. I was in 7208 in March on Constellation and never felt a thing. I didn't even notice any vibration when going into port in the mornings.

Phil

We had 7202 in March/April on the transatlantic on Millennium. I can't report that we experienced any major vibration or noise. It was wonderful!!:) We have 8172 on Infinity for Alaska in September -- can't wait -- not a corner, but a CC aft.

Phil

Phil, we've had either #7206 or #7208 on quite a few M-Class ships...and the only time we've felt any vibration was really during that transatlantic storm.

I'll take an Aft cabin anyday!!

Karyn

Phil

Gee Phil-----you were on that same ship with us????:p

Archived