carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

Oh one more thing............

the location was great....we are early risers and just loved to hop up those stairs for 6am coffee and a stroll on deck.......not to many folks are up at that hour............

Plus the late night ice cream sneak....the stairs were very handy:eek:

from 1006 on the Valor. Crusied in 5/07 and picked an upfront cabin and made a rookie mistake. Gym right above us, so Hans and Franz were up early each day dropping weights on the floor. Also, there is a door right next door leading to the outside that the crew uses and the wind SLAMS!!!!!!!!! that door closed all the time.

Go Cats

Too all, thanks for the information. Gumballz, thanks for tracking down that information. I really appreicate it. Serene, we will definitely be tracking the pricing although I assume with a holiday cruise prices won't likely drop. Lucy's mom, thanks a ton for the reassurance and it sounds like a great place to be as neither one of us are really bothered that much by noise at night. Thanks!!!

Are the aft balconies fully or partially covered? Can't seem to tell from pix previously posted. Thanks!

depends on the deck... deck 4 is covered.. deck 5 is somewhat covered.

deck 7 corner:

2688819930050360393UvHsTj_th.jpg

2478465600100440870wNHGTx_th.jpg

deck 6 is opened. 283578014rYVaau_th.jpg

Ice and Soda Vending Machines: across from cabins: 6445 and 6358

Launderettes: across from cabins: 6385 and 6387 (2-3 washers; 2 -3 dryers; 1 ironing board/iron; soap dispenser machines)

Could you please tell me about cabin 7445 on the Freedom? Thanks so much.

You booked a guarantee cabin, and you got a cabin that others didn't want. So you got what you wanted. A cabin in any location of the ship. You didn't care about where you would be when you booked the cruise. This is why people choose a cabin rather than saving that $100. We choose a cabin when there is a sale with a upgrade. That way you save the $$$, but can choose your cabin. I have friends that book grarantee cabins and have had troubles. Better luck next time.

I booked a last minute SOLO trip on the Elation(Fantasy class), leave next month....I have just been assigned R9. Does anyone know what the white space is? Also, I understand where being in the front can be problematic(anchor dropping), but on the other hand, I am thrilled to have a double bed versus bunk bed.

Thanks for your help.

Marie

I booked a last minute SOLO trip on the Elation(Fantasy class), leave next month....I have just been assigned R9. Does anyone know what the white space is? Also, I understand where being in the front can be problematic(anchor dropping), but on the other hand, I am thrilled to have a double bed versus bunk bed.

Thanks for your help.

Marie

The white space is crew storage space. YOu will not hear the chain. we were in M21, and had not problems. Few rooms are only bunk beds. Most have 2 beds that can be put together to make a king. We opted on the short cruise not to put the beds together, then our DD did not sleep in the bunk at all. She was afraid it would fall off the wall.

The white space is crew storage space. YOu will not hear the chain. we were in M21, and had not problems. Few rooms are only bunk beds. Most have 2 beds that can be put together to make a king. We opted on the short cruise not to put the beds together, then our DD did not sleep in the bunk at all. She was afraid it would fall off the wall.

Thanks so much.

How does one distinguish between crew storage and ice maker? I booked a 1A(due to best solo pricing) which is bunk beds, so I was prepared for a single bed.

Marie

Thanks so much.

How does one distinguish between crew storage and ice maker? I booked a 1A(due to best solo pricing) which is bunk beds, so I was prepared for a single bed.

Marie

On Glory, we found the ice machines were not accessable to the guest. If you wanted Ice, you contacted room steward, and they got it for you. But Ice machines are usually mid way of the ship.

On Fantasy, I did not even see one because the crew doors were always closed when we were walking the hallway.

Believe me it is a LONG walk from the front of the ship to the Lido deck dining. WE must have walked about 100 miles on our 4 day cruise just going back and forth to the Lido deck on Fantasy. It was our honeymoon, so we spent a lot of time by ourselves.

Have a great trip.

I also take it that you are a christian by your name. email me.

Thanks for the information. I don't need access to the ice, but some guests have said that the ice machine can be very noisey. That is my concern, but it's all good since I am on a cruise :). I welcome the extra steps as perhaps I can cruise and not manage to gain weight(like I usually do).

You have mail :).

Marie

Any feedback on this room would be greatly appreciated. I know it's an interior 1A room (btw, was not a guaranteed room), and has bunk beds, which is not a problem for me, as I am traveling solo. From the deck plan I can see it's above the Paladium Balcony, and has staterooms above. But, that's all I can figure out! (This is just my 2nd cruise.) Thanks!

Just back from the Freedom and had 6454 an aft balcony and it was our first aft balcony and my last!!!

Hi, did you happen to take any pics? Sorry, not of the soot but of the balcony? We have 7445 next year. The ship is so new, I can't find out much about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space :).

Thanks so much.

Marie

I have only cruised 3 times and have booked through Carnival - I explained exactly what we wanted and have not been disappointed. I have called or e-mailed them about various questions and have always received a call or e-mail. They are great. Kathyh

I am in oceanview room 2395 on the valor can anyone tell me about this room, good, bad, noisy or what.

is a connecting cabin. the door is located down by your window. You have covertible sofa bed--the cabin holds two people.

Its located under the gally- you MIGHT hear rolling carts.

if you go to carnival web site--click on funships- valor then state rooms-- clicking on the oceanview will show you what the cabin will look like

Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space :).

Thanks so much.

Marie

Hi Serene,

Would appreciate your input. Thanks. I am thinking it is storage/work area for the crew, which is fine, just wondering.

Marie

Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space :).hanks so much.Marie

Sorry Marie-- I didnt see this post.

This new cabin is way better thenthe first one-

At least you are more midship.

With the R7 boy that woulda been loud in the mornings when the anchor dropped.

your change is better for you.. you are now located by the stairs elevators. You wont hear them and hopefully wont have rude passengers sailing with you.

If looking at the deck plans you will see that white area around all the elevators. I dont think that is something you should be worried about.

On the sensation the steward area is more in the white hallway more aft from your cabin. I also dont recall a laundry area on this floor either.

Hi, did you happen to take any pics? Sorry, not of the soot but of the balcony? We have 7445 next year. The ship is so new, I can't find out much about it. Any help would be appreciated.

the freeedom will be the same exact thing as the LIBERTY, VALOR, CONQUEST & GLORY.

www.cruiseclues.com :cool:

Why did you remove the contact information from the reply? I thought it would help solve some of the problems the cruisers were having with room assignments. Andy has been wonderful, meeting all our needs and giving us excellent advice on rooms etc, kathyh

Archived