Just off the AOS B2B!!!

Hi everyone!

Fresh off the Adventure of the Seas for 14 nights - our first ever back to back cruise, it was quite the experience! Lots to tell you....but I haven't got my land legs back yet......hard to focus on the computer screen! I will give you details within the next few days, but in the mean time - if you have any questions, fire away!

A few things: The new bedding has arrived! They are changing the beds starting with deck 10, so I was the first to sleep on the new mattress :D

New menu's in the dining room

Cruise Director is Mike Hunnerup

You DO need your passports every time you leave the ship

AOS is due for drydock later this spring - although she looks amazing now!

Turnaround day was fun! We were the only people doing a B2B and therefore the only guests on the ship in between sailings. I was running around from cabin to cabin snapping pictures :rolleyes: LOL!

We had 15 perfect days of sunshine - literally not a single drop of rain the whole trip.

The Marriott Stellaris in San Juan is gorgeous, just having completed a 35 million dollar renovation. I have tons of pictures which I will post on webshots as soon as I download all 300 of them from the camera!

Please feel free to ask questions! :)

Hey Robyn!!! Welcome back girl!!! Tell me everything....so glad to hear about the new bedding. I upgraded to a JS because I had received a big discount on our balcony cabin. This will be our first experience in a JS and we are on deck 9. So it looks like we will have the new bedding by our cruise on 8 April 07.

The Marriott Stellaris was great too, so glad to hear that. And did you make it to the Coach Outlet, do tell us everything!!! :D

Anne

:confused: I leave on April 8th for the AOS. You mentioned that you needed your passports everytime your boarded the ship? Why? Our seapass cards aren't enough this time. Do they tell you this ahead of time?

This is the first time I have ever heard that you are required to bring passports ashore with you. Any explanation for the change? What about those cruisers that haven't gotten them yet, what do they do? I have mine so it is not an issue for me but very curious on this.

Not to argue with Robyn, but you DO NOT need your passport everytime you get off the ship. You DO HOWEVER need photo ID and your sea pass card. We are Canadian and we just used your photo drivers license and our sea pass.

They started changing the bedding in San Juan and then again in St. Thomas. We too were on deck 10 (front) and we didn't get any new mattress but we did see them removing and replacing them! It looked like they did 72 singles at a time so it will take a while but at least it is happening.

As Robyn stated the menu's are changing and the weather was absolutely amazing!

The lining up at the San Juan airport was incredible. It didn't matter if you were American, US Air or Northwest....it was a long incredible mess. Allow yourself at least 3 hours!!

Not to argue with Robyn, but you DO NOT need your passport everytime you get off the ship. You DO HOWEVER need photo ID and your sea pass card. We are Canadian and we just used your photo drivers license and our sea pass.

They started changing the bedding in San Juan and then again in St. Thomas. We too were on deck 10 (front) and we didn't get any new mattress but we did see them removing and replacing them! It looked like they did 72 singles at a time so it will take a while but at least it is happening.

The lining up at the San Juan airport was incredible. It didn't matter if you were American, US Air or Northwest....it was a long incredible mess. Allow yourself at least 3 hours!!

Also to confirm you don't need your passport but do need a PHOTO ID.

We had a 11:15 flight so we were the first group off and it sounds like we were very lucky. We waited no more than 15 mins to check in.

Also for those buying booze we noticed the prices were very close compared to ports and on ship in the San Juan airport. Bottles of Absolut for $9.95. I will say the didn't have the huge selection that the ship and ports had but you didn't have to worry about carrying it around. We bought 3 bottles of absolut and a bottle of Captain Morgan for $38.00 and it included a special carrying bag to bring on the plane. Very nice

Also to confirm you don't need your passport but do need a PHOTO ID.

We had a 11:15 flight so we were the first group off and it sounds like we were very lucky. We waited no more than 15 mins to check in.

Also for those buying booze we noticed the prices were very close compared to ports and on ship in the San Juan airport. Bottles of Absolut for $9.95. I will say the didn't have the huge selection that the ship and ports had but you didn't have to worry about carrying it around. We bought 3 bottles of absolut and a bottle of Captain Morgan for $38.00 and it included a special carrying bag to bring on the plane. Very nice

Really?? I thought you couldn' t bring any liquids onboard that didn't fit in 1 qt. ziploc. That is great news and if prices are comparable, sounds like a great solution! Thanks!

Thanks for clearing that up about the passport. I knew you needed a photo Id, but never heard of needing a passport.

Really?? I thought you couldn' t bring any liquids onboard that didn't fit in 1 qt. ziploc. That is great news and if prices are comparable, sounds like a great solution! Thanks!

Once you pass through security(we flew US Air)the duty free shop is right there. They have a special bag that they put a zipcord through showing that you bought it there at the airport. We didn't want to carry the booze and deal with the hassle. So yes it was a very nice surprise at the Airport!

Thanks for the warm welcome back sentiments! You CC folks are an amazing bunch and I missed you all - well.....kinda.......I was on a cruise you know! LOL :p

As for the passports - I guess what I meant is that you do need picture I.D to regain entry to the ships secure area. For us, that picture I.D is always our passports - so that was what I was referring to. I'm sure any form of picture I.D like a drivers license would be just fine as some other posters have stated.

I was on the 2/25 sailing....

You are correct, I took my DL with me into every port and had no problems embarking or disembarking.

Robyn, it is good to see you posting. Many of us on the 2/25 sailing were worried about you. We knew your mom was having a problem flying into San Juan, and no one we spoke to during the whole week saw you on the ship, we asked about you frequently...we were concerned something went wrong, especially when you did not show at the M&M on Monday.

Anyway, glad you are ok.

I was on the 2/25 sailing....

You are correct, I took my DL with me into every port and had no problems embarking or disembarking.

Robyn, it is good to see you posting. Many of us on the 2/25 sailing were worried about you. We knew your mom was having a problem flying into San Juan, and no one we spoke to during the whole week saw you on the ship, we asked about you frequently...we were concerned something went wrong, especially when you did not show at the M&M on Monday.

Anyway, glad you are ok.

Thanks NAHA - I was disappointed that I didn't see you guys either :(

My parents did make it to the ship on time - thank goodness!

I am truly sorry that I was not able to make it to the M&M.....I did make it to the one the week of the 4th.

So glad that I had the opportunity to meet you folks though - you are a great bunch! The pink boa's looked awesome!!! :p

Robyn -

Can you tell us about the bedding? Was the bedspread/bedding updated as well? By the photos on line, leaves too much to be desired....

Tell us about the menu change? Was it just in Portofino?

How was the entertainment?

Waiting to see your photos.

Chris

Robyn -

Can you tell us about the bedding? Was the bedspread/bedding updated as well? By the photos on line, leaves too much to be desired....

Tell us about the menu change? Was it just in Portofino?

How was the entertainment?

Waiting to see your photos.

Chris

First phase of the AOS bedding change are the mattresses which we saw coming aboard in St.Thomas on both Saturday's of our cruises. I spoke with several cabin attendants as well as the housekeeping Manager and they were unsure as to when the new sheets, pillows, comforters etc were arriving. I suspect it won't be too long.

The menu in the dining room is changing. They brought out a new menu mid-week of our 2nd cruise. Apparently the menu's are changing throughout the entire fleet. I spoke with our Head Waiter who said the current menu's have been in use for the past 2 years! :eek: For those of us that cruise a few times a year, the change is good! I don't believe the menu is changing in Portofino but I could be wrong??

I am not an onboard entertainment person, but I did catch a bit of the shows and they looked good to me :)

1. how is the menu changing?

2.When is the AOS going into drrydock? We will be on her 4-29-07?

3.Which ports of call did you visit?

Thank you for the help.

Daycare Provider/Angela

Hey Daycare!

I don't know the exact dry dock dates - but I did speak with Fernando who is the Guest Relations Manager (and an excellent one at that!) and I was told drydock will take place within the next 6 months.

We visited Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I would be happy to share our excursions with you if you are interested? Just let me know!

By the way - we were on the ship by 12:00pm on boarding day!

Welcome back girlfriend! Can't wait to hear all about it! Now you can spend more time chatting with us for the girl's cruise! :D

Hey Murph! (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) :p

We had a great time!

You're right - now I can focus on our Mariner cruise in November :) I can't wait!!!! I'll be on the roll call again in a few days!

The menu in the dining room is changing. They brought out a new menu mid-week of our 2nd cruise. Apparently the menu's are changing throughout the entire fleet. I spoke with our Head Waiter who said the current menu's have been in use for the past 2 years! :eek: For those of us that cruise a few times a year, the change is good!

All I can say is that it's about time! And I sure hope the change brings some chocolate desserts to the table! :D

Archived