Just off the AOS B2B!!!

hi Robyn - thanks for the great info. Did you have to ask the guest relations desk to activate access to concierge? I notice that you were platinum and in a JS and I am in same situation coming up in April...

Actually - we had an "issue" onboard, and as a courtesy - use of the Concierge Lounge was extended to us for both weeks. Normally we would not have had access because we were not in a Grand Suite and I was not yet Diamond. I'm Diamond now and will enjoy the Concierge Lounge on the Mariner in November :)

ladies...i know nothing about purse's...knock off's or the real mccoy's...coach and louie va something...thank god my wife will be with me...someone in my office said that if i can find something like this for either brand and it's well made buy a whole freek'n case were her exact words...what's the big deal about a louie or a coach...

ladies...i know nothing about purse's...knock off's or the real mccoy's...coach and louie va something...thank god my wife will be with me...someone in my office said that if i can find something like this for either brand and it's well made buy a whole freek'n case were her exact words...what's the big deal about a louie or a coach...

There is no big deal about them unless you are into materialistic items and statis. The real ones are alot of money and if you want someone to think you have some you will buy the fake one, just like my 13 year old because she cares, I think it is disgusting. The one thing I can tell you is 20 years ago on my honeymoon we cruised to St Thomas and I got my first designer bag because it was supposed to be so cheap on the island. I paid $100.00 for a guchi bag and although it was alot of money for a small pocketbook 20 years ago it really held up well. I was able to use it for a few years and it always looked pretty new. So if you weigh out the usage to the price, it is not as bad as you think. But i believe most people buy them because of what they stand for not what they are.

Robyn- Nice pictures!!!!!!!!! Looks like you had some real nice memories with your family. I am sure it was a vacation you will always remember. The pics of the Marriott Stellaris looks real nice and I am sure my daughter will just love it. Can you tell me any fairly good restaurants to eat there that won't cost us an arm and a leg. I would really appreciate it alot. Also what excursions did you do while on the Barbados route?? Just curious thanks again.

Robyn- Nice pictures!!!!!!!!! Looks like you had some real nice memories with your family. I am sure it was a vacation you will always remember. The pics of the Marriott Stellaris looks real nice and I am sure my daughter will just love it. Can you tell me any fairly good restaurants to eat there that won't cost us an arm and a leg. I would really appreciate it alot. Also what excursions did you do while on the Barbados route?? Just curious thanks again.

Stef - we did the Aruba route! :rolleyes: LOL!

The Stellaris is right on the Condado which has some really great restaurants. There is actually a Japanese restaurant (with cooking tables) adjacent to the hotel, and although we did not eat there, we could smell the steak a mile away and it smelled delicious!!! Next year we are eating there for sure.

We took our DD to Wendy's that night, and then walked around the Condado and stopped into Walgreen's to buy our cooler! We stocked up on Diet Pepsi in every port and RCI gave us no problems bringing it onboard!

You are going to have a fabulous time!!!! :)

Hey Robyn! Nice pictures!

I thought you were sailing with your Mom, not your sister... ;) Those genes do run deep in your family don't they!

AAAAAAW Murphy! LOL! I will give my mom the compliment :D She turned 65 last September!

243 days until the Mariner cruise! You better not back out missy! :p

Robyn,

I finally had the chance to look at all your cruise photos. They are absolutely beautiful, as are all your family members. :p Only 25 more days until our AOS cruise and Marriott Stellaris visit also. After seeing our JS photos, I cannot wait to experience our first time in a JS this cruise. We will definitely be spoiled for sure this cruise. Thanks for sharing all of your info and photos too. If I think of anything in particular to ask you about AOS, I'll email you. Have a good week, Anne

Robyn,

I finally had the chance to look at all your cruise photos. They are absolutely beautiful, as are all your family members. :p Only 25 more days until our AOS cruise and Marriott Stellaris visit also. After seeing our JS photos, I cannot wait to experience our first time in a JS this cruise. We will definitely be spoiled for sure this cruise. Thanks for sharing all of your info and photos too. If I think of anything in particular to ask you about AOS, I'll email you. Have a good week, Anne

Anne - you are very welcome! If there is anything else I can help you with, just ask! :)

Yes, you are in for being spoiled - we love the JS! In fact, we had a GS last year and found that the JS actually has more functional space than the GS....go figure :rolleyes:

I'm excited for you - you are going to love the AOS!

Please be sure to pop by Guest Relations and ask for Fernando - tell him Robyn says hi - he will know exactly who I am :p

Thanks for the great pictures. Leaving on the AOS 3/25. Had a couple questions. The concierge lounge, were you able to take a glass of wine out of the lounge? Was there a store at the Pan Am Pier? Did you purchase a wine package? If so, which one, and was it worth it?

Also, on casual night, were there capris in the dining room?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the great pictures. Leaving on the AOS 3/25. Had a couple questions. The concierge lounge, were you able to take a glass of wine out of the lounge? Was there a store at the Pan Am Pier? Did you purchase a wine package? If so, which one, and was it worth it?

Thanks for the help.

I was on the 3/4 sailing. The only question I can answer for you is regarding Capris. There were plenty. There were also loads of people wearing jeans though I was not one of them. Usually with some type of button up shirt.

Thanks for the great pictures. Leaving on the AOS 3/25. Had a couple questions. The concierge lounge, were you able to take a glass of wine out of the lounge?

Thought I would poke my .02 in here. I was on the Voyager a few weeks ago and brought (snuck) my wine out of the lounge in a coffee cup. You are not supposed to take any glasses out.

Thanks for the help.

There is a liquor store in the pan am pier, we purchased bottles of water to bring on the ship with us. Yes lots of capris in the dining room mostly worn by me (and everyone else)

I have an answer for the Champagne card on the AOS. There is a champagne cocktail card that is 10 drinks for $43.13 plus gratuity. The cocktails you can order are listed on the back of the card with the ingredients in each. Champagne cocktails without the card run about $7.95 each so the card is a deal. Now, Lesha, one of the bartenders was telling me that the card is expected to go away. They are planning to upgrade the "ingredients" of the various cocktails and also increase the price of each as well.

Jen

Robyn, glad to know you had beautiful weather throughout your cruise. I sure enjoyed the 2/25 sailing as the weather couldn't have been better. I second any good thoughts about the Marriott Stellaris. I stayed there last year and the renovation definitely improved the hotel. The staff as always was fantastic.

For those asking about views, I had a pool/ocean view with a balcony that I could sit and enjoy the weather and sound of the waves. Sure helped at the end of the cruise when I really wanted to still be on the ship!

Jen

Thanks for the help.

The concierge was watching for people trying to take glasses out. She would ask them to put them in paper cups. Although mainly I saw that for coffee and juice in the AM. There was a liquor store at teh Pam Am Pier but thats all that is there.

I don't own any designer bags. However if they are well made and the price is right maybe I'll purchase one in San Juan. How much might I expect to pay, do you have a price range. That will help me know what to expect in San Juan. Thanks

Thanks for the help.

Why do I not think I see you in the Roll Call Board...or am I just blind?!?

Can anyone tell me or have pictures of this room?? Is it in a good location ??? This is one of the only js rooms available when We booked our cruise wanted to know if we made a good choice?

Denny

Denny, I don't have any photos but we will have the cabin right next door (9568) on 8 April 07 and I can let you know upon our return. I'm sure it will be exactly the same as our cabin. I'll take lots of photos to share! :D

Robyn, What cabin number were you all in? I booked 9568 and I thought that you were on deck 10 for your B2B. Just curious.

Anne - Unfortunately, we had an issue with our original cabin and had to move to a side JS on deck 10 - we ended up in 1352 for the second week and it was really nice! That is why you see all those pictures of the side JS ;)

Archived