Just off the AOS B2B!!!

I don't own any designer bags. However if they are well made and the price is right maybe I'll purchase one in San Juan. How much might I expect to pay, do you have a price range. That will help me know what to expect in San Juan. Thanks

Hey Kstock,

We went to both the Coach and Dooney & Bourke outlets in Old San Juan. I found the prices at Coach to be no better than what I can pay here at our own outlet. For a typical Coach bag you are looking around the $250 range - with some styles slightly higher or lower. They did have a great variety!

I ended up buying an original Dooney & Bourke bag, it is really nice - all leather with a stamped imprint right in the leather that says "Dooney & Bourke" it retails for about $350 and I picked it up for $275. It is the first time in my life I have ever paid that much for a purse, and it was kinda freaky! However, this bag is very well made and I fully expect to enjoy it for years to come.

Good Luck!

I saw something that said there is a liquor store at the pier??? Do they also sell soda and can you take it onboard? Would you be able to get any alcohol onboard if bought at the pier?

Denny

Your not supposed to take alcohol on the ship. They will try and look for it when you are boarding. I have a friend who sailed on AOS at xmas and he thought he was smart by emptying out a water bottel and filling it with Vodka and then just walking on with it. He held it like he was drinking it and the guy from the ship took it and shook it and said this is alcohol, he then was pulled over had to fill out forms he was snagged, needless to say his family was mortified because they were there and everyone was watching, and you know how embarassed 2 teenage girls can get. Anyway if you really want to take alcohol on the best way is in your checked luggage, but then you risk the chance of the bottle breaking or leaking and all your clothes smell like alcohol the rest of the cruise. Good luck

I saw something that said there is a liquor store at the pier??? Do they also sell soda and can you take it onboard? Would you be able to get any alcohol onboard if bought at the pier?

Denny

I don't know if they have soda at the pier. I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi at a Pueblo supermarket and we carried it right on no problems

This is what we do...

We buy pints of vodka and rum. Probably about 5-6 and bubble wrap them individually and then put in a ziplock bag in checked luggage. We haven't had any problems yet. The pint size also helps when we are on the islands.

We also buy drinks on board and spend quite a bit.

This just helps us when on our balcony, at a beach,etc.

Just curious what happened with your original cabin? You tried so hard to get that cabin. Sounds like you were happy with the side cabin though, so that's great! I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I've often thought that a 14-day cruise would be too long for me too. As much as I LOVE cruising, I am actually ready to go home after 7 or 8 days.

Hi Bonnie :)

Email me ckrobyn@hotmail.com

14 nights was a bit too long for us - not that we didn't have a fabulous time, we did! I would do a b2b again......just not in the immediate future!

Just thought of something else - we ate in the Windjammer most nights of our second week. Someone was asking about the food at dinner in the Windjammer? We found that most items on the buffet were what was being served in the dining room, including the desserts such as key lime pie and flourless chocolate cake! :)

Hello. I'll be on the Adventure in January 2008 and just have one question - how was the vibe of the ship? Was it a very friendly staff and crew? (I know that obviously it won't be the same exact crew next year). I LOVE it when everyone is really friendly and I know that some ships stand out more than others in that regard. Just wondering if ya have any input.

Thanks! :D

Laura

CK Robyn,

Glad to hear that your 2nd week was "healthy." We were fortunate and didn't get what ever illness was going around the ship. Curious...what was your cabin issue for the 2nd week & did you enjoy a side balcony as much as aft? I'va always been worried that the side balconies would be so windy.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

CK Robyn

Hi there - I am hoping to do a B2B on the AOS in July. :D

Do you know can you do an excursion in San Juan on change over day - I was looking to go to the rainforest. Or failing that can you get off and wander round San Juan - or does this make it a hassle for getting back on?

Loved your pictures and will def book that hotel as it looks fab! Was it far from the airport - and the port?

Hope your withdrawal symptoms are fading!!

CK Robyn

Hi there - I am hoping to do a B2B on the AOS in July. :D

Do you know can you do an excursion in San Juan on change over day - I was looking to go to the rainforest. Or failing that can you get off and wander round San Juan - or does this make it a hassle for getting back on?

Loved your pictures and will def book that hotel as it looks fab! Was it far from the airport - and the port?

Hope your withdrawal symptoms are fading!!

Hey DrSuess!

Yes, you can absolutely get off the ship on turnaround day in San Juan. We were issued "In Transit" cards that we could use to disembark the ship in the morning if we wanted to get off first thing in the morning. These cards meant we did not have go through the whole Customs thing like everyone else....because we were "in transit" :) We actually didn't get off the ship on turnaround day until after lunch - getting back on the ship was not a problem at all.

So glad you enjoyed my pictures :D I had lots of fun snapping away for 2 weeks straight!

I am 100% confident you will love the San Juan Marriott Stellaris - we are booked for 3 nights pre-cruise next year and 1 night post-cruise.

Happy sailing!!

Hey DrSuess!

Yes, you can absolutely get off the ship on turnaround day in San Juan. We were issued "In Transit" cards that we could use to disembark the ship in the morning if we wanted to get off first thing in the morning. These cards meant we did not have go through the whole Customs thing like everyone else....because we were "in transit" :) We actually didn't get off the ship on turnaround day until after lunch - getting back on the ship was not a problem at all.

So glad you enjoyed my pictures :D I had lots of fun snapping away for 2 weeks straight!

I am 100% confident you will love the San Juan Marriott Stellaris - we are booked for 3 nights pre-cruise next year and 1 night post-cruise.

Happy sailing!!

Thank you - Did you book the hotel direct or with RCL? How did you get from the airport and to the port from the hotel. Thank you for your help - wish we were going this year:(

Thank you - Did you book the hotel direct or with RCL? How did you get from the airport and to the port from the hotel. Thank you for your help - wish we were going this year:(

I always book my hotels directly with the chain itself. I am a Marriott Rewards Silver Elite Member and was fortunate enough to book my stay on points.

We took a cab from the Marriott to the Port. It took all of 10 minutes and cost about $15.

A year goes by quickly - hang in there! :)

I always book my hotels directly with the chain itself. I am a Marriott Rewards Silver Elite Member and was fortunate enough to book my stay on points.

QUOTE]

I did this as well for our AOS cruise in Aug pre-cruise...it makes it feel kinda free, doesn't it?:D

I have a question for you regarding San Juan departures. Our flight is not until 4:30. I'm looking at doing a daypass at the Stellaris post cruise to have a place to "flop" after what I'm sure will be a busy week on the AOS. How early do you think we should get to the airport? Should we just stay on the ship for as long as possible and then head to the airport, or try to get off as soon as possible and hang by the pool at the Stellaris? Any help is greatly appreaciated!

Robyn,

Enjoyed your pictures. I noticed that your daughter was around the age of my daughter. We are probably around your age and my parents are coming with us. We are also staying at the same resort on our pre-cruise. I was interested to know if your daughter met a friend on ship, or was active with the Adventure Club stuff. We have been on several cruises and only once did she make friends and she had a blast. She is 12 and a little shy. If you have any information about the programs for pre-teens let me know. Thanks again for all the great information.

QUOTE]

I did this as well for our AOS cruise in Aug pre-cruise...it makes it feel kinda free, doesn't it?:D

I have a question for you regarding San Juan departures. Our flight is not until 4:30. I'm looking at doing a daypass at the Stellaris post cruise to have a place to "flop" after what I'm sure will be a busy week on the AOS. How early do you think we should get to the airport? Should we just stay on the ship for as long as possible and then head to the airport, or try to get off as soon as possible and hang by the pool at the Stellaris? Any help is greatly appreaciated!

Honestly, I have no idea if day passes are even available for the Stellaris? If they are, I think you should get off the ship as early as possible so you can enjoy the Stellaris for the day. If you have a 4:30pm flight, you will need to be at the airport by at least 3:30pm - keeping in mind the San Juan airport is an insane asylum on Sundays (having said that - I will never fly out of San Juan on a Sunday ever again!) If you get to the resort at 10 or 10:30am, then you still have several hours before you need to get to the airport.

Good Luck and happy sailing!!:)

Robyn,

Enjoyed your pictures. I noticed that your daughter was around the age of my daughter. We are probably around your age and my parents are coming with us. We are also staying at the same resort on our pre-cruise. I was interested to know if your daughter met a friend on ship, or was active with the Adventure Club stuff. We have been on several cruises and only once did she make friends and she had a blast. She is 12 and a little shy. If you have any information about the programs for pre-teens let me know. Thanks again for all the great information.

Hi there!

My daughter is 10 and absolutely loves the Adventure Ocean program :) She made several friends through the AO program, and they spent time together by the pool outside of regular AO hours. As well, we would often run into these kids and their families around the ship, it was nice for my daughter to be able to say "hi" to her new friends! You mention your daughter is 12 - my daughter was in the group called Voyagrers for ages 9-11, I'm not sure of the next age category? Even if your daughter is shy, the AO staff are really great and will make her feel welcome, included and at home :)

We had a wonderful time with my folks - we took them in 2006 as well and they are booked again with us for 2008. Gotta love the Grandparents!

Have a wonderful cruise!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there..

I know this thread is old & it took a weird turn from the orig OP- but I just stumbled on it. Do ANY of you guys realize "who & what" is being funded when you spend your hard earned money on KNOCK OFF FAKE designer bags? Not to mention how the "integrity" of the designer is diminished. Dont spend your hard earned money on phonies/copies that indirectly fund terrorism (sorry had to plainly say it) just to lie and say it is a real designer bag when it isnt. Anyone that knows designer quality will know the difference anyway. You can get copies ALL over the internet, why bother when on vacation?

I bought my first designer bag @ the GUCCI shop in St. Marteen in 1984; it was about $350 & I still have it, albeit somewhat worn- still a great huge city bag. It is a memory of that particular holiday we went on- the only statement it makes is that I know quality, nothing more. Quality can last a lifetime, wal-mart bags last a couple months and go out of style. Bags are my fetish and I can not resist having the ones I want, even if it means saving for the authentic ones!!

Wow, I am guessing alot of people have no concept as to where money goes from the purchase of these fake purses.

(Sorry, had to share my knowledge)

How do you know this for a fact? I'd like to learn more.:confused:

Hiya :)

It is factual information since selling counterfeit goods IS Illegal to begin with and so is putting children to work at young ages. There are many articles online, (even on sites like eBay where they are diligent in trying to remove such knock-off's because it is illegal) that you can refer to.

http://www.nychinatown.org/articles/nytimes020623.html

http://www.tanning-advisor.com/knock-off-designer-handbags.html

Thats a sampling, just a fact. It is kind of :eek:

But knowledge is power!!

And I really love this article!!!

http://audacitymagazine.com/audacity.php?op=article&y=grfx&v=&i=21&a=268

Yikes! I had no idea where or by whom these fake bags were being produced....:(

I am the mother of a 10 yr old daughter and would in no way support child labour anywhere. Not likely I will be buying knock off purses anytime in the near future.

Thanks for the info.

Archived