Crown Princess vs Explorer of the Seas

I'm debating between Crown Princess and Explorer of the Seas - since both offer very similar itineraries during the summer, it's really coming down to the ship. While I've sailed both Princess and Royal Caribbean, I have never sailed on either of these specific ships. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has sailed both or even one of the ships. I'd like to get our August cruise booked this weekend.

Thanks.

SanFran - why not try Crown Princess? As you know, I'm booked on the holiday sailing on Explorer with you and this way you get to experience BOTH ships. And, if you're thinking of holding off until 2008 for Crown, think again, Crown will be in Europe next summer and they're bringing Caribbean Princess up. Hope that gives you something to think about...

See you on Explorer Roll Call :D

Helen

While I haven't tried Explorer, I recently cruised the Crown and loved it. (My review is linked below). She is a beautiful, elegant ship and has a good "vibe." Either way, I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

I vote for Crown. The ship is newer, nicer, bigger, and more activities.

The Explorer is 138,000 GT. The Crown is 113,000 GT. The Explorer's quite a bit bigger

SanFran, am I to understand by Helen's post you are booked on the Explorer for another cruise? If this is the case, I suggest the Crown so you can experience both ships.

Loved the Crown last July - the week after the "incident." The ship was beautiful, well laid out design, plenty of activities. MY TA pulled me kicking and screaming (not really) to RC, because I've been such a Princess fan.

Archived