How much Should we figure on bringing on the ship for tips

In a balcony 10th floor cabin last week on The Navigator we took 100 $1. Our nightly waitress pulled our room service order every morning and if we wanted something not on the sheet she went to the Windjammer and picked it up and brought it to us. We tipped her $3 every day. I gave alot of tips on Labadee to the Nationals for the bathroom, taking pictures etc. but RC is the only one with any tourists there and the people are extremely poor. (I was a missionary there 15 years ago and LOVE the people there) We spent quite a bit on tipping our guides in different ports when they were wonderful. THat was probably another $60 worth of tips over the week but oh my goodness we had some great guides! Close to $200 in tips during the week not counting what is customary for the last night of the cruise.

You have the option of having it added to your CC towards the end of the cruise, then they provide you with a slip and envelope, which we usually add more if the service was better (which it has been).

The RCCL website lists the recommended amount per day and then you just need to figure out for the right number of days.

Enjoy!

I just want to make sure I bring enough money to tip everybody who is expecting a tip. Please respond.

Thank you

For the cruise portion of your tips, you can go to Royal Caribbean's website, click on Customer Support, choose Frequently Asked Questions, look under the Onboard section and click on Life Onboard. The fourth question down has to do with Gratuity Guidelines.

In addition to all this onboard stuff, as above posters have said, you will need to figure in tips for people at the various ports of call.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

I just want to make sure I bring enough money to tip everybody who is expecting a tip. Please respond.

Thank you

Use the tip calculator that Theron made that jwlane put in his post above mine.

For a rough estimate, it's $10 per day per person. Add tips for room service, if you intend to use it, tips for porters in airports and cruise terminal, and extra for excellent service above the ordinary. If you intend to eat in a specialty restaurant, you may want to add some cash.

If you think that you will want to tip guides on your shore excursions, add that in.

Some people give the bartenders and/or servers extra, and find that they receive EXTRAORDINARY service and drinks.

Archived