Bomba's Shack???

LadyBerard

I will be in Tortola the beginning of April, but we'll only be there until 1 p.m. When I was there last October, we went to Cane Garden Bay. This time, after checking out the beaches, I read that the beach near Bomba's has nice waves to body surf, etc. I love playing in the waves.

Has anyone gone here by taxi from where the ship docks? If so, how far a ride was it, and what is the cost for a taxi? Also, are taxis readily available for getting back to the ship?

Thanks.

Sue

Bomba's is located in Apple Bay/Cappoons Bay. This is a surfing beach during the winter months but tends to calm down at other times of the year so you may or may not get wave action. The time of day you are talking about is usually pretty quiet around Bomba's, it's a night time place and may not even be open in the morning hours depending on how he feels. :D

The ride from Road Town is about 25 minutes and just guessing, around $10 a person one way by taxi. You will need to make arrangements for a round trip with your driver as there will not be any taxis hanging around that area for your return.

Archived