Independence of the Seas 21st May 08

No deck plans yet....lady at RCCI UK just looked at Freedom deck plans ...as did I.:D

I have to say though...the thing that really got me annoyed this morning was the fact that prices/cabins/itineraries etc dont show up on RCCI website.....until 9am Miami time !!!

...Independence prices and itineraries were available here about 7 am (EDT)...which is when I tried to book...didn't think to look at a Freedom deck plan. Nothing else, though, for Europe is showing...I'll wait another 37 minutes and see if it really does appear at 9 am!!!! Thanks for the quick reply...talk with you soon!!!!!

WOW - I looked at some of the itineries on UK website and it is Soooo expensive. About $2000 USD for inside cabin 11 nights canaries :eek: Now can you all see why we come to USA from UK to cruise the caribbean, much less! I know it isnt Europe but it is just rediculous. 2 weeks Europe much more.:mad: Even 4 nights to Ireland in August 08 starts at $900 :confused: for an inside. That aint cheap.Hollyanna

Hi Laura...:D ...of course I remember you...oh heck I thought at first you were going on the same sailing as me...and I was getting sooo excited...good job I re-read your post hahah:o

I just booked an Inside as I am hoping to cruise again later in the year to Bermuda with some friends in USA...gotta try and save some pennies haha

Did you book with TA or RCCI UK ?.....great to hear we get Early Booking Discount again this year.:D

We should have Independence roll calls sub forum added on here soon...fingers crossed ;)

So which itinerary are you doing ?

I booked with my US TA friend. Spoke to him earlier in NC and he said he thought he was the first to call in the US to book that particular cruise date.

This will be our only cruise next year as I am daringly buying an apartment in Spain- I reckoned if I rented it out for 10 weeks next year it will partly pay for this cruise.

Itinerary-the one that stops in Barcelona

Good luck with apartment in Spain ..that sounds like a great plan to rent it out :D

As we are doing the Med in Sept on the Navigator, I thought the Canary Islands would be a nice change for us next year...and mostly new ports for us ...Vigo is the only one we will have been at before...so thats ok. Never been to Madeira etc and very much looking forward calling in there.:D

Funny thing...I was just thinking about you this week as my parents are down in Abergavenny and Hereford etc for Cheltenham Races.:D

Good luck with apartment in Spain ..that sounds like a great plan to rent it out :D

Funny thing...I was just thinking about you this week as my parents are down in Abergavenny and Hereford etc for Cheltenham Races.:D

I have an uncle who lives in Abergavenny- my mother's brother.

Hope they have good luck at the races

Laura :D

Yes thats why I was thinking of you recently...because I remember us talking about Abergavenny a long time ago.:D

Parents had horses running at Sandown last week and another one in the race after Gold Cup on Friday ...which my stepbrother is riding :D

For the cruise are you flying to Southampton or driving down?

Good luck for Friday- not a betting person but what is the horse called? or aren't you allowed to say

Luckily we sent our family far and wild- one branch ( brother) we sent to the USA and they are now in Pittsburgh, Virginia and Brooklyn( so useful for US visits) and the other brother's daughters we sent as missionaries to England ( only a joke so please nobody get offended) and one is a nurse in Southampton with a nice spare bedroom for me/us to stay in pre-cruise. Unfortunately has not room for car but working on that.

Oh you are lucky to have family in Southampton :D

Ichi Beau on Friday...but he will be outclassed..but still nice to be at Cheltenham :D

I had planned for us to take flights with RCCI ....good price £70 per person...(doing that for our Sept cruise)...but concerned now with Flybe taking over BA Connect...the lady doing my booking today couldnt find our airport code in the system :confused: and anyway with baggage allowance changes we might need to go down by train...good job we have plenty time to plan it all eh haha

I hadn't noticed that they started booking for the Independence when I was on RCCL yesterday. I guess they just started today. Does anyone know if she will be coming to New York to be christened like the Freedom or if she'll just stay in Europe after delivery?

Archived