Thursday Weigh-in 3/15/07

WeirdEyes

wow, this is so cool! I lost 2 pounds as well! I can't believe it because I truly thought I was gonna have a gain or at least stay the same again. I have no idea how I did it so I don't know what to do for this week to do it again! lol

I need some advice though. On Monday I went shopping and bought 4 pairs of capris/shorts. I haven't bought any clothes in so long that it felt so good! But, should I have bought them yet? I have no idea how much more I will lose doing what I'm doing. I think in order for me to go down another size, I'll need to lose ten more pounds. At least I think so. I won't be wearing them yet as it's still too cold here so I guess I could exchange them later if I do lose.

wow, this is so cool! I lost 2 pounds as well! I can't believe it because I truly thought I was gonna have a gain or at least stay the same again. I have no idea how I did it so I don't know what to do for this week to do it again! lol

I need some advice though. On Monday I went shopping and bought 4 pairs of capris/shorts. I haven't bought any clothes in so long that it felt so good! But, should I have bought them yet? I have no idea how much more I will lose doing what I'm doing. I think in order for me to go down another size, I'll need to lose ten more pounds. At least I think so. I won't be wearing them yet as it's still too cold here so I guess I could exchange them later if I do lose.

GREAT job!!! Don't take the tags off your new clothes cause you probably will be exchanging them for a smaller size! ;)

Sorry to bust the losing streak. I had a slight gain, .4.

That's not bad though considering how much I ate out this week. Hubby was away so I went out a lot with girlfriends. Let's daquiri's on Saturday, margaritas on Sunday.

I'll do better for next week.

Great job everyone! Wish I could have joined you all with a 2 pound loss, but I had a 1.5 gain. Went to Florida for a few days to see family, and it's very hard to stay on plan with family you haven't seen for a while. Also we went to Disney's Animal Kingdom and ate at the Rainforest Cafe.

We had a lot of fun, now it's back to work and Weight Watchers!

Jean

Wow! I'm very impressed with all of you - 2 lbs. may not seem like much to a lot of people, but it is a great loss for a week. You are all doing super.

Mine was not so dramatic - down 1/2 lb. again - BUT, it put me at exactly a 70 lb. total loss since I started a year ago January, so I'm happy with the little "milestone." I celebrate all the small victories - the first five lbs., then the first 10 lbs., etc. - the first 10% loss, then the next - getting from the 200's to the 190's and so on down. Every little victory is good and encouraging. Keeping a little diary is so good - every time I plateau and get discouraged, I can look back and say "well, look where I was a year (or a month) ago."

I just ordered a "Bean" exercise thingy from QVC - it should be coming any day now. You can focus on your abs and turn it over to do upper arms - those are my trouble spots. Even with the weight loss and looking so much better in clothes, I've still got a pot belly and my upper arms look like they belong on a flying squirrel. Oh, well - they're predicting snow for tomorrow so I guess I've got a long while before I have to worry about a bathing suit.

Yes, Cruisinkits, I think those shorts and capris will be going back - you'll surely lose another 10 lbs. before you get to wear them and will need a smaller size - but won't that be fun??? I've been through three wardrobes already. While I've tried to stay with stretchy stuff to see me through as many pounds as possible, I had a trial in early October so needed structured, tailored stuff. Now, I'm scheduled for one in June and will need all new stuff.

Everyone is doing so great! Minor bumps in the road are to be expected and it only matters how we handle them! :) This week I have weighed myself twice. Once I was 118.5:eek: , that's the lowest I've been in a while. Then, yesterday I was at 120. Still good. I'm so sore I can hardly scratch my nose so I must be doing something right at the gym! I did bump up the workout because I'm at my desired wight but I have some toning to do and slightly more than 3 weeks to do it!:D So excited!!!

Good job everyone, keep it up!

Shelly

Hi Everyone, I am late reporting today because of being swamped at work. I leave this Saturday for our cruise. While I have been very very good with lots of exercise I only lost a 1/2 pounds this week but did see the next decade in numbers:D It is so good to see the 140's again;)

See everyone in 2 weeks when I will be right back at it.

I lost 2 lbs. :D

I also lost 2 pounds!

I only lost a 1/2 pounds this week!

I'll take your 2, and your 2, and your 1/2, and I'll raise mine 4 1/2 lbs.!!! :(

Can you believe it???

I'm ticked. Serves me right, though. I've eaten everything under the sun this week. Pizza after midnight and it goes on and on.

Later

Crystal

Posting a day after the check-in, but I'm down one pound from last week, now at 159, so I'm happy about that. Hope to lose another 9 by the time we sail in May. Not going to go clothes shopping until the weekend before we sail, unless I decide to order some stuff online (I e-shop JCPenney and L.L.Bean).

Not doing anything special to try to lose weight, just less foord and more exercise. We have a couple of treadmills in the locker room across the hall from my office, so I walk 1/2 hour every work day, doing an interval training program I found in a magazine. At home I do a core training routine 3 days a week, plus I also work on my arms with 5-lb. dumbbells after I do core. I've been trying to get out on my bike when I can, too.

MustangJean, when you went to Animal Kingdom at WDW, did you check out the Flights of Wonder bird show? My husband works for the company that trains the birds for that show. I also work at Disney, at the other end of property, at Port Orleans Resort. Where did you stay?

Archived