Open bookings for future cruises??

HappyCruiser383

Please help me with this. :o I see a number of people with "Open bookings" posted in their signatures. Does this mean that you've put a deposit on a cruise but not specify which one? :confused: What about booking for two people but leaving the second person open?

Can we pay on a cruise but not specify which one?

I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone's open bookings but ours is for a future cruise that we booked onboard. You have the option of booking a specific cruise or making an open booking good for travel sometime during the next 4 years. Hope this helps:)

To be a little more specific, you can either book a specific cruise while onboard or simply place a deposit and not specify a cruise. The onboard deposit is only $100.00 per person. You also receive onboard credit on your future cruise with the amount determined by the type of cabin and the length of the cruise. If you book a specific cruise, the booking can be transfered to your travel agent. If you do not book a specific cruise, you simply provide your booking numbers to your travel agent when you book the cruise. No additional deposit is necessary since your deposit is paid with the future cruise credit and nothing further is owed until final payment.

I have no idea about booking one person when two people will be sharing a cabin.

What about booking for two people but leaving the second person open?

If you aren't sure who you will be cruising with just buy one future booking for $100. Then when you decide who you are traveling with and which cruise you are taking, you put another $100 down for that person. Both of you will get the on board credit. This only applies if you both sail in the same cabin. You can also get a share the wealth card which allows you invite friends or family to sail with you on the future cruise, in another cabin, and and they will also get the OBC but not the reduced deposit.

I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone's open bookings but ours is for a future cruise that we booked onboard. You have the option of booking a specific cruise or making an open booking good for travel sometime during the next 4 years. Hope this helps:)

Mine is also for my FCC, love those:D :D

Can Canadians buy these FCC too? This might seem like a silly question but we were on the Carnival line last week and there was a Sea Miles Card that I wanted to sign up for and they told me NO for Canadians. Bummer. Anyone know the answer?

Kim

We are Canadian and have bought the Future Cruise credit from Princess a number of times. We buy them in US funds so we are able to then purchase a cruise through a US on-line agent. We were told that we could pay $125C but then we would have to purchase our cruise in Canadian dollars either through Princess or a Canadian agent. Not sure if this is true or not but that is what the on-board rep told us. We love that on board credit!:)

There's an onboard future cruise consultant. His or her hours will be posted in the Patter. And usually if you just want to do an open booking you can fill in a form and leave it even when the office isn't staffed. You'll get a receipt within a day.

If you've decided to book another cruise onboard, go early. The lines can get long near the end of the cruise.

Archived