RCL newbie!!! Talk to me!!!!

No Johnny Rockets is not on all ships. It is on the Voyager class ships (big ones). I should tell you there is a cover charge to get in. I'm sorry I forget the cost. We went one time and one time only. Since we've been on lots of Caribbean cruises we get in free, and although we are "young-at-heart" oldsters it was too loud for us. Others think it's GREAT.

Mocorobabe

We have cruised three times (will be 4 in 7 weeks) on RCI and they have a belly flop contest (usually last sea day) that is hysterical. My girlfriend's husband one it one year and my husband won it the next year and placed 2nd the year after...

they also have a men's sexy leg competition. Seeing these old men strutt around and dance is so funny. You wouldn't believe the people who enter these contests... lol

THey have a lot of pool activities, volleyball tournements and stuff like that, and a lot of trivia games. Just check your Cruise Compass and they will let you know what is going on. (for new cruises, that is the cruise newsletter that you will receive every night and it will tell you what is going on the next day - port of call, drink of the day, activities, what not)

ONe more thing...the $3.95 does not include a beverage (except a glass of water!)...milkshakes were a few dollars more and cokes were $1.75 (I think)...so if you are a family it can add up...IMHO the atmosphere is fun, but the food is so, so at best...the burgers did not taste like the JR's here...next time we will stick with the buffet!

There is one across the street from my house. I didn't like their milkshakes, but I did like the rootbeer float. Do they have the rootbear floats on the ships?

Yes they did have floats but again that cost extra. I can't remember how much since we ordered beer.

Returned from Mariner cruise yesterday - first cruise and we're hooked!

DEFINITELY try Chops and/or Portofino's - BEST STEAK IN LIFE! Well worth the 20.00 per person cover for an incredible experience!:o :o :o

ICE SHOW - don't miss!:o

Pool Deck "fun" things are great (funny) to watch. Line dancing and belly flops good :) Paul is an excellent bartender - the Bud Light buckets (5 for 20.00) kept my husband happy. Me - I loved the bartenders at the Champagne Bar (tho' they rotate every 2 weeks i understand) named Ischmel and Patricia. Amazing that they remember your "preferences" and tsrive to make you happy.

Art Auction - ugh ... of course, I wasn't really in the mood to buy art.

Love and Marriage - it's funny - try to stay up and go.

HAVE FUN!!!

Archived