ANy Excursions Other Than Water-Related To recommend

adam62

[font=Arial]I'm a first-time cruiser, a virgin, if you will, and it's pretty overwhelming! I'll be traveling on Explorer of teh Seas on aug 15. I'm not a great swimmer so tubing, snorkeling, scubba diving, etc are out. Does anyone have suggestions on other excursions? I'm more into hiking or learning about native culture. Anything for singles? ALso, I'm an anti-shopper, so don't recommend ANYTHING that has to do with shopping, unless there's a good restaurant/bar nearby! Thanks. I'm picky, I know.[/font]

Send an email to [email]markmcf@btl.net[/email]. He's an archaelogist who will take you anywhere for a cheap price and will get you back to the ship on time. (Tell him the very fat woman recommended you!)

He drives a nice, air-conditioned Toyota van that seats 10. He knows all about the sites and will take you to places that are off the beaten path. I plan on using him again for all our returns to Belize, even if he was frequently and vocally aghast at my physical appearance (he's not exactly skinny himself).

KHK

Adam, we were in Belize in May and one person in our group of 12 did not know how to swim. We all wanted to do the cave tubing so she and another were going to sit out on our excursion. She decided to try it, since you wear a life jacket, are in a tube, and with a very experienced guide (we had Richard, with X-treme.) She absolutely loved it! Richard tells you so much about his culture and points out things during the trip to the caves and also in the caves. You would also love the hike through the rainforest.

Try the Lamanai tour. The tour consists of a 90 min boat (yeah I know boats are in the water) ride down the New river. You should see crocs and other things. Once you get to Lamanai, you get a good lunch then a guided tour of the Mayan ruins. You probably will also see a troup of howler monkeys.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='adam62'][font=Arial]I'm a first-time cruiser, a virgin, if you will, and it's pretty overwhelming! I'll be traveling on Explorer of teh Seas on aug 15. I'm not a great swimmer so tubing, snorkeling, scubba diving, etc are out. Does anyone have suggestions on other excursions? I'm more into hiking or learning about native culture. Anything for singles? ALso, I'm an anti-shopper, so don't recommend ANYTHING that has to do with shopping, unless there's a good restaurant/bar nearby! Thanks. I'm picky, I know.[/font][/QUOTE]

[font=Arial][size=2]Out of all our ports of call we had the best time on a shore excursions we found on the dock called "Belize rays". Like anything booked not through the boat/DREAM was a bit weary but I can say it was our best time of the cruise. The staff were great, friendly, kind, and the boat was great, new, clean, bathroom was clean, beer was cold etc... just top notch... and the location private island they brought you too was something out of a Movie script... I have been on 4 cruises and plenty if island excursions.... and this was BY far the best island... hammocks, NOT crowded, plenty of free chairs, flee floats, great food, bar service, waitress comes to where you are on the beach, fresh coconuts, palm trees you name it... I was with my wife and two other couples. There were families, couples, older and younger people all loved it. I am a normal sane guy that lives in Boston ma, not some scrub trying to boost business with a BS post. It is rare to find something this good, this affordable and that is why I took the time to post this.... If you want a fun, clean and safe Boat ride to an amazing island that's Not packed with 100's of people I highly recommend this Belize Rays tour...they do snorkel as well but we choose to spend the whole time on the beach so can not comment on that part although others seemed to really like it...Thanks
Steve[/size][/font]

We were in Belize on the Norwegian Dream on Jan 20. We were a bit disappointed when the guide that we had originally scheduled didn't show up on time and after we waited sufficient time gave up on her. We ended up with a great guide. We ended up with Maurice Bernard of Adventure Belize Tours. tel 501 203 5854. [email="adventurebzetours@yahoo.com"]adventurebzetours@yahoo.com[/email] We had originally wanted to go to the Bird Sanctuary and Altun Ha, but the new guide said that there was not time to do both. So we chose to Altun Ha, however along the way Maurice pointed out at least thirty birds. If you are looking for a historian and naturalist and botanists and AVID Bird watcher. Maurice is the man. He calls himself the 'Old Man'. He provided us with a great tour and a great way to see part of Belize. :)

Belize is a wonderful place to do non-beach type of things. On our cruise they offered three different Mayan ruin tours. We took the Xuntang tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our guide gave a good overview of the country and when we got to the ruins gave some of the history of the sight.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='KathyHKidd']Send an email to [email="markmcf@btl.net"]markmcf@btl.net[/email]. He's an archaelogist who will take you anywhere for a cheap price and will get you back to the ship on time. (Tell him the very fat woman recommended you!)

He drives a nice, air-conditioned Toyota van that seats 10. He knows all about the sites and will take you to places that are off the beaten path. I plan on using him again for all our returns to Belize, even if he was frequently and vocally aghast at my physical appearance (he's not exactly skinny himself).

KHK[/QUOTE]

I'm curious if anyone else has booked anything through the Belize archaelogist mentioned in the post from Aug of last year? It looks tempting, but I wonder what's developed with that in the past year.

Yvonne

Archived