do they give you a layout of the ship?

dpomes

When you first board the ship, do they give you pamphlet showing the ship's layout? We've only sailed with Carnival so far, and they do this. It was really helpful the first couple of days, and it was small enough to carry around.

Just wondering if RCI does this.

Yes you get a little map that is folded up. It also has a holder from your SeaPass card, which is your room key and credit card while on the ship.

Thanks!

BTW, I love your avatar!!

Yes you get a little map that is folded up. It also has a holder from your SeaPass card, which is your room key and credit card while on the ship.

There are maps around the ship too. Like at the elevators.

Hmm, I didn't get one of these. They just handed us our cards loose. Maybe it depends on the ship?

We have never gotten a little holder for the sea pass. Only a few ships give out folded up ship layouts. However, each elevator station has a schematic of the ship by decks and tells what is on each floor so you should have no trouble finding your way around.

The little fold-up maps are great, but sometimes they don't have them. If you're not handed one, ask at guest relations - they may have a few left. Failing that, they will often have a photocopied map they can give you (usually the layout from the brochure). I get varying answers when I ask for them (we're out, they're too expensive so they're discontinued, we don't have those, etc), so it must just vary from ship to ship and time to time. It can even vary from person to person - I've gotten "no" the first try, and a map on the next. I suppose you could always print out the deckplans from the website before going if you wanted to.

When you first board the ship, do they give you pamphlet showing the ship's layout? We've only sailed with Carnival so far, and they do this. It was really helpful the first couple of days, and it was small enough to carry around.

Just wondering if RCI does this.

I got two little foldout maps at Customer service desk on Explorer.:)

We have never gotten a map, but have gone to purser's desk or guest relations and gotten a list of what supplies are brought on board for each new sailing. Kind of interesting how much food and such is brought on the ship.

Jan

I'd want one just to keep as a souvenir. On the NCL Dawn, they handed out mini-foldout maps as you boarded the ship. I never had to use it since there are plenty of directories throughout the ship (not to mention the fact that I studied the deck layouts plenty of times prior).

Good to know that I can hopefully ask for one when I sail the Explorer in May if they don't give them out.

One of the first things I do when I board is go to Guest Relations to have a hole punched in my SeaPass card so I can wear it on a lanyard (it demagnetizes if I put it in my pocket) and when I did this on the Serenade the guy also handed me a pamphlet with the ships layout. He just said "welcome aboard and you might find this helpful". I would definitely ask at GR.....it can't hurt.

I think it varies from ship to ship whether or not you get a little seapass holder/ ship map. We have gotten them on Imagination, Voyager of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, and Navigator of the Seas, but not on Mariner, Adventure and Jewel.

There are maps around the ship too. Like at the elevators.

I have been on 4 different RCCL ships & have never gotten this. On the voyager we asked for a map & went to guest relations and they did not have 1

We have received the mini folded ones on the Navigator and the Brilliance when we checked in and got our Sea Pass Cards.

Always too in our cabin there is a map of the ship printed out on a paper stacked up in all the other papers you get. You could also tear out the pages in the RCI brochure for your ship. I always have the current brocure at home.

Sometimes we just wander the ship and use the signs on each deck by the elevators...

Hopefully we get one on the Liberty- that ship is so big we will get lost for sure!

Bev

Archived