**What is your FAVORITE island? Cruising or land vacation?**

Hands down, Bermuda is my favorite! We usually do this as a land based vacation. The Hamilton Princess is wonderful and there are awesome restaurants within a 10 minute walk of the hotel. Combine that with the complimentary use and transportation to the beach facilities at the Southampton Princess and it can't be beat. We would probably not cruise to Bermuda, as it is only an hour and a half flight from JFK. We like to spend at least 5 to 7 days there at a time.

On cruises, we love Grand Cayman, Aruba, and St Martin. The beaches and atmosphere are awesome.

I have been going to Hawaii almost every year since I was a kid. And even as an adult, I still continue to go. I would have to say that Maui is my all time favorite destination. No matter how many times I have been there, I never get tired of it. I love it there. As a matter of fact, I am going again this year for 10 days.

Loved our Bermuda cruise....could definately go back there again.

For land based vacations, Hawaii is on our list, along with Playa del Carmen, Mexico....

For cruising, I liked Jamaica as it was nice to see for one day...not sure about a whole week.

My favorite was Rhodes (Greek Island)...A walled city with flowering vines that grow across the tops of buildings, shading the streets with beautiful flowers....a castle...and turquoise water.

My second choice is the Hawaiian Island of Kauai. :)

I have been going to Hawaii almost every year since I was a kid. And even as an adult, I still continue to go. I would have to say that Maui is my all time favorite destination. No matter how many times I have been there, I never get tired of it. I love it there. As a matter of fact, I am going again this year for 10 days.

Fitz... when are you going...?

And how have you been doing...?

I'm always planning vacations and wondered what your favorite island/destination is?

I love:

Bermuda

Cozumel

The "Big Island" of Hawaii. At least 11 different climactic zones - black sand beaches and palm trees, rain forest, scrub forest, live lava tubes from the volcano, grasslands, evergreen forest, Kilauea volcano, and the snow-covered Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Incredible place.

Next would be Maui, both the Haleakala crater and the wonderful beaches, great seafood in Lahaina, and just beautiful scenery - plus you can get to some of the other islands from Lahaina.

Next would be Oahu....especially the waves on the north shore, and the great beaches and swimming.

Oh, did I mention we just love Hawaii, period!!!:D:D

After that would be Grand Cayman.....

Fran in Toronto

Well, it's probably not the kind of island you meant, but my answer is definitely Sicily. I spent eight months there in my early 20's and it's one of my favorite parts of Italy.

Now, for the smaller islands: I also have a soft spot in my heart for Grand Turk Island. We spent a few weeks there when DH was working on a contract with their government, and I fell in love with its unspoiled charm. Of course, that was before the cruise ships came in . . . :(

Archived