What have you forgotten to take?

Last cruise I forgot underpants, I only had 3 pairs for the trip! It is harder than you think to get them. ;) It was kind of funny as everyone got off the first port to find fun stuff and my first task was finding some underpants!

Anyone else forget anything on their cruises?

Last cruise I forgot underpants, I only had 3 pairs for the trip! It is harder than you think to get them. ;) It was kind of funny as everyone got off the first port to find fun stuff and my first task was finding some underpants!

Anyone else forget anything on their cruises?

On our second cruise I forgot Pepto ...AND I had diarrhea for the first 2 days on the ship!!!! (why didn't I realize that I could actually BUY it on the ship?!?!) On our cruise in 2005 I didn't think to bring sunscreen for my lips until I got a sunburn blister...!!

Funny, the things you forget to bring are usually the first things you remember to pack the following year.

I can guarantee that I will bring plenty on my next trip! thanks for sharing! I saw someone who forgot to put sunscreen on the tops of their feet at the first stop of the cruise Labadee and they could not wear shoes for the rest of the cruise they were burned so bad!

:)

Happy Cruising!

This year was a banner year for me - got home late the night we were leaving, rushed to throw the "last minute" stuff in my bag, forgot my razor, toothbrush, drivers license, and my new binoculars. Luckily, the first two are easily replaceable (it was just annoying), since I had my passport the license wasn't a problem, and it was during the brief period of time when Serenade wasn't doing the island sail-bys on the way home, which is what I wanted the binoculars for, I didn't really miss them.

Jodi

We forgot our toothbrushes, relized it when we got to the precrusie hotel. We were in Miami so we walked over to Bayside and searched the stores, found some for $7each! We had to have them so spent the $$. We got back to the hotel and there is that little card says if you forgot anything we have FREE toothbrushes!

learned the hard way....recheck those bags!

Bev

THe last cruise we took the kids on we all packed a suitcase for the couple of days in Fla before and no one was supposed to touch the cruise suitcases. Both boys put ALL The underwear in the Fla suitcase and there were NONE in the other one. It was BAD! They don't sell that in the general store or MEXICO!:eek:

Our oldest (13 at the time I think) forgot her formal dress. She was in tears for hours at the hotel before the cruise when she realized it was at home.

We had to do Windjammer even though the dress she had on would have been fine..... http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/sovereign_of_the_seas/p1010206.html

at least Jeremy got out of wearing a suit ;)

I always pack a bathing suit top in my carry on bag...good thing i did a couple of years ago, that was the only bathing suit i packed, and it was only a top! So I had to wear that and shorts the rest of the weekend.

Oh and generally once a year, I forget to bring my husband! :p

Last year DH forgot his belt (one he wears with his suit). He didn't realize it until he was dressing the first formal night. He ran down to the gift shop and the only thing they had was a black one bordered in neon yellow. Needless to say I was quit shocked when he came back through the door with that:eek: . I asked him to go back down and BEG them to look for a solid black one. He did and they were kind enough to go through some boxes they hadn't unpacked and found him one. He would have gotten some looks that night!!!!

I forgot a warm winter coat and a snow shovel so that I could dig my car out from under 12 inches of snow in the airport parking lot this weekend. You should have seen me in my sandals and skirt trying to dig through a snow mound with a snow brush!!! Well, at least I was home, luckier than many trapped at airports.

Kids cold medicine for my daugther who got a cold the Friday before we left:( . She was caughing a lot at night and the ship didn't have any cough medicine for kids so we had to look for some in Mexico. She hated that cough medicine and refused to take it after the first time. Lesson learned.

We sailed first class transatlantic on the QE2 some years ago. It was a very dressy cruise. I didn't think that I could wear a silk chiffon cocktail dress, because I had forgotten my strapless bra. My husband, who always carries duct tape, came to my rescue. He taped me up, and I never looked better in that dress.

Ginnie

On our second cruise I forgot Pepto ...AND I had diarrhea for the first 2 days on the ship!!!! (why didn't I realize that I could actually BUY it on the ship?!?!) On our cruise in 2005 I didn't think to bring sunscreen for my lips until I got a sunburn blister...!!

Funny, the things you forget to bring are usually the first things you remember to pack the following year.

On the Vision last October, I had an upset stomach and I went into the sundries shop to find Pepto. There weren't ANY stomach medicines there - and I wonder if it's always like that? Because when I asked the cashier if they had any...she said, in a very loud English accent:

"WHY? You don't have DIARRHEA, do you?!?!? If you DO, you need to get to the ship's doctor immediately. I'm not joking!"

I DIDN'T have diarrhea, my stomach was just bugging me...but holy cow I high tailed it out of there, mortified! I know there are always Noro concerns, but ack!!!

We sailed first class transatlantic on the QE2 some years ago. It was a very dressy cruise. I didn't think that I could wear a silk chiffon cocktail dress, because I had forgotten my strapless bra. My husband, who always carries duct tape, came to my rescue. He taped me up, and I never looked better in that dress.

Ginnie

OMG how did he tape you? Ouch?:eek:

On the Vision last October, I had an upset stomach and I went into the sundries shop to find Pepto. There weren't ANY stomach medicines there - and I wonder if it's always like that? Because when I asked the cashier if they had any...she said, in a very loud English accent:

"WHY? You don't have DIARRHEA, do you?!?!? If you DO, you need to get to the ship's doctor immediately. I'm not joking!"

I DIDN'T have diarrhea, my stomach was just bugging me...but holy cow I high tailed it out of there, mortified! I know there are always Noro concerns, but ack!!!

HOW EMBARESSING! :eek: But a great story ;)

On our recent cruise, my husband forgot to bring his black belt to go with his suit. On the first formal night, he wore a brown belt and left his suitcoat buttoned. Then in Aruba we went searching for a black belt and finally found one at Tommy Hilfiger for $50! :eek:

My husband, who always carries duct tape, came to my rescue. He taped me up, and I never looked better in that dress.
Duct tape works wonders. Great first aid tip: If one gets abrasions from scuba/snorkeling fins, ski boots, blisters from walking, etc. take duct tape and cover the area and you will be good as new. Happened to me on the second day of a 10 day scuba trip. I got a pre-blister abrasions on the top of my foot and fellow diver suggested I cover it with duct tape; it worked like a charm. I had to change it after about 4 days of diving, that translates to being submerge in water for about 12 hours. Even after that I only changed it because it was looking ratty, not because it wasn't protecting the abrasion.

One year I forgot my swimsuit! The first 2 days were sea days too. I was miserable. I shopped onboard and there was one swimsuit that was not even my size and it was 190 dollars. ARGHHH! I was so mad at myself. Finally got one in St Thomas and was happy the rest of the time. That is always the first thing in my suitcase now.

It seems that I have a thing where I must forget one thing on every cruise! This is not a good thing to have, but I guess so far I have been able to recover fairly well.

First cruise: Forgot my ties. Flew in the day before, so had to find a mall and buy a couple.

Second cruise: Forgot my hat. Much harder, apparently I have a fat head, took several hours of shopping before I found a straw hat that fit.

Third cruise: Forgot some fairly important prescription meds. Didn't want to pay the doc on the ship, and not at all sure they would even stock the stuff, but our second stop was at Key West, so I walked to a CVS pharmacy and I was in the computer, so I was able to just get a simple refill!

Fourth cruise: Forgot a contact lens case. Didn't realize it until after the shop on the ship had closed for the night... so I used two glasses in the room for holding my lenses that night, then got a new case the next morning.

It's gotten to the point where I sort of dread waiting until I figure out just what I forgot for this trip! :)

Theron

As an asthmatic I take Advair twice a day every day. The inhaler has an indicator that shows how many dosages are left. So what do I do? I packed an inhaler without even looking at the indicator. In fact, I didn't look at it until the second morning of the cruise when, with a casual glance, I discovered the indicator said zero!! :eek:

I was stuck because you can't buy specialized prescription meds like this on a cruise ship. I just kept using the inhaler the rest of the cruise hoping to get some benefit from any residual medication in the device. I was noticably wheezing at night by the end of the cruise, but fortnuantely nothing bad came of the mistake.

Archived