What have you forgotten to take?

Even if I do what I call a Walk thru prior to leaving, something is forgotten. Have rechecked luggage before final closing, bathrooms whatever, and something didn't make it. Now what I will do, in that final month, is put everything, Passports, Cruise info into a large mailing envelope, marked Cruise, it sits on our dresser so i am not looking for it at the last minute, everything is all together in 1 place.

our first trip to nassau, just married, forgot half our bathroom stuff (not used to packing for both of us i guess), we bought very pricey replacements at hotel gift shop.....since then, I am in charge of bringing all the extras for everybody (then they make fun of all the stuff I have), and they all know who to come to when they need sore throat stuff, feminine stuff, pins, pepto, etc, that they forgot to pack....have carried alot of stuff and never used it, but when you travel with a family, anything can come up! so this next trip is just my daughter and I and I am gonna leave 99% of the extra stuff at home and won't have to worry about overweight bags (which somehow I have never had except on one trip to Vegas, for a wedding, and quick shuffling of suitcases at the airport counter and we were okay)!

Beverly

My husband is the "forgetter" in the family. On one cruise, he forgot his bathing trunks; fortunately, the ship ran some sort of sale the very first day and he got a new suit for less than $10! On another cruise, he left his toothbrush and our only tube of toothpaste in the pre-cruise hotel, and then left our brand-new bottle of sunscreen at the pre-cruise hotel's poolside! Argghhh... luckily, everything was replaceable at reasonable costs.

I tossed my prescription twice-daily asthma inhaler in my suitcase and did not realize until the next day that the number indicator on the inhaler was at zero. In other words I was facing a seven-day cruise with essentially no inhaler :eek:.

So what I did was use the inhaler anyway and just hope there was some residual medication in it to tide me through the cruise. I did do that, however, begin wheezing at night the last few nights. Boy, did I learn my lesson! I always check the number of doses left on my inhaler before I cruise now.

This has been a fun thead seeing what people have forgotten and how they deal with it. So far we've been lucky and haven't forgotten anything. I always figure, if we have our boarding pass, passports, any meds, and a credit card, if we forget anything, we'll buy it.

Last cruise I was on, a lady thought the cab driver unloaded her suitcase and gave it to the porter, unfortunately he didn't. Imagine her surprise and dilemma when nothing was delivered to her cabin. Some cab company was going to get an ear full. Cruise line gave her $100 so she was a walking advertisement with all the logo clothes. Passengers offered her toiletries, clothes and most importantly, MAKEUP.

Hopefully the Cab Co would see the bags had tags and try and get them to her. Speaking of makeup, I didn't forget, but was getting ready for Formal Night, and noticed that due to the Dark Glasses, had left a nice untanned area above myeyes. I went to the store to try and find something to blend in with my now tanned body.The lady there found one and made me up. It cost me $ 35 for the bottle, nothing for the make up.

We sailed first class transatlantic on the QE2 some years ago. It was a very dressy cruise. I didn't think that I could wear a silk chiffon cocktail dress, because I had forgotten my strapless bra. My husband, who always carries duct tape, came to my rescue. He taped me up, and I never looked better in that dress.

Ginnie

That is the most origional use for duct tape is that I have ever heard! :D

I was packing for the Liberty pre-inaugural and trying to decide which pair of silk pants to bring for DH. Stayed overnight at South Beach (if ONLY I had noticed it then), got on the ship the next day and no pants!!! Nothing in the stores (could have bought something in South beach if I had realized I had forgotten them). So - he had to wear shorts to dinner both nights. After I got over being upset with myself, we just laughed about it - what else are you going to do? We still enjoyed our dinners in the dining room, and once he sat down, noone even knew he had shorts on vs slacks.

I forgot my bc pills!!!!!!!!! And the ladies will know when you stop taking them mid month - everything gets thrown out of wack!!!!!!!

k

:eek: :eek: Hope you didnt take any unnessesary risks or you could have been smuggling back another passenger LOL!!!

Chubbas XX

Archived