Dinner, table for two?

bigwally

Search isn't working (at least for me) so I can't see if this has been asked before.

After talking to the wife, I think we'd prefer seating for two at dinner. It's not that we're anti-social, just that we have a better time alone.

So how do I go about trying to secure that as a non-Captain's club member?

A compromise might be a table for 4. Is there such an animal on Celebrity ships?

We have often found they don't pay attention to the size of table requested, However, when you board, you will find a card with your dining info in your stateroom. If you don't have a table for two, go to the dining room and request it from the Maitre'D. They will do everything they can to get you what you want. Happy dining!!

Search isn't working (at least for me) so I can't see if this has been asked before.

After talking to the wife, I think we'd prefer seating for two at dinner. It's not that we're anti-social, just that we have a better time alone.

So how do I go about trying to secure that as a non-Captain's club member?

A compromise might be a table for 4. Is there such an animal on Celebrity ships?

There are tables for two on the Infinity, that is the only Celebrity ship I have sailed on. On the Celebrity site there is a personal profile section to fill out (you do not have to be Captain's Club) that asks which size table you would prefer.

As soon as you board the ship, go see the matri d and make your request for a table for two. We have been on two cruises and both times we were able to get a table for two. Like you we are not anti social and do tend to make friends while on the cruise, however we prefer the more intimate dinner for two. Have a great cruise.;)

We have always been able to get a table for two when we cruise without friends. We have always been either in a CC cabin or a suite so I'm not sure if thats why if we get preferred status. We love to travel and meet new people but when on an alone cruise we like to dine a deux as at home we seldom see each other due to work schedules and family obligations so a table for two every nite and my husbands undivided attention is a real treat!

I am not sure how it works in the US, but in the UK, special requests can be forwarded in writing to X. It says so in back of brochure, we had to phone for a special address to do so. It seems to work better than email.

Try writing a nice letter, old fashioned, but its worked for us in the past.

Failing that..a few $$$$$$$$$$ in the maitre d's pocket doesnt go a miss;)

Archived