OT: Looking for a job in travel industry...help!

JERSYGRL111

Any of the large consulting firms offer opportunities to travel. In fact, it is usually the "junior" associates that get put on the treadmill of traveling all week, every week. The senior partners pick the plum assignments to the exotic locations for a quick conference.

I own a global logisitcs company. I travel to our NYC office from the West Coast 12 times per year, fly to South America (Peru and Chile mostly) 4 times per year and we have just opened up an Asia division, so have made quite a few trips to China/Vietnam/Cambodia. Logisitics companies like FedEx, UPS and DHL offer quite a few opportunities for travel. You will probably have to go into the sales dept-international-to travel a lot.

Other avenues-large travel agencies like Amex, etc. But trying to pursue opportunities in finance, other than on a cruise ship (they have accountants onboard-may be an opportunity there), will probably leave you in the "backroom" with not a lot of opportunities for travel

Consulting, international sales and logistics are opportunities which generally involve a LOT of travel. Good luck!!!

If you like to be in the travel industry, look into becoming a Purser onboard the ship. My cousin is a Purser for Carnival, she travels all over and every six months switches ships and ports. The Purser on the ship is the bookkeeper or finance person. A degree in finance is right up their alley. Check it out.

Archived