Carnival Spirit cat 11 or 12?

mommykim

Hi all,

I am looking to book the Spirit for my family for xmas New Years and I an wondering if the catagory 12 suite is worth the extra money over a catagory 11. What are your thoughts? There are 3 of us if that matters.

We are on the Miracle in June in a Cat.11. Haven't gone yet of course so will not know for sure until then, but we are also 3 and were considering a Cat. 12. We did not think it was worth the difference in cost-- From the posts here it sounds to me like a Cat.11 is fine but of course it's a matter of choice and if you are willing to go for the extra $$$. for a bit more space.

I had a Cat 12 on the Spirit (1-26-07) and a Cat 11 on the Mircale (1-06). Didn't book either one, but got real good upgrades. For three people the Cat 12 has more room and a large bal. There are 3 closets in the room also 2 sinks in the bathroom and 1 in the vanity area. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub and even a bidet. There is also plenty of drawer space and 12 glasses of all sizes. The sofa can sleep one and there is a fold down from the ceiling bed in 2 of the 6 Cat 12s. The Cat 11 is 25% smaller. As there were only 2 of us there was more than enough room in each cabin, I hate the thought of having to go back to a reg bal cabin now that Carnival has spoiled me.

There are a limited number of cat 11, aft, wrap balcony cabins on the Spirit class which accomodate three people. But everything I've read about them (aft, wrap balcony cabins) makes them a better choice than cat 12. We've got one on the Legend for next year - really looking forward to it.

There are only 8 of those aft wrap around cat 11 suites on a spirit class ship, so snag one up if you can. For some reason, Deck 5 on the corners aft, do not have the same set-up as the other decks....so don't book deck 5 aft corners if you want the suite with the separate bedroom.

Archived