Dickenson Bay Beach......????

Suesan Jean

Has ANYONE been to this Beach.....???:rolleyes:

Did you like it....???:)

Would you reccomend it.....???

How far would you say it is from where the ship's are in Saint John's...???

It looks and sound's lovely......

What do you think.....???

Any other Beach recomendation's......???

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP, SUGGESTION'S and THOUGHT'S ON THIS........icon14.gif:)

Has ANYONE been to this Beach.....???

There have been a lot of posts about this beach and we've decided to go to this one based on others reviews. This is what we've been told: very beautiful, nice, safe beach, restaurant options but they are very expensive (like $12 burger and $2 can of soda) so eat a big breakfast on the ship, very vendors that will leave you alone if you say no, $20 to rent 2 chairs and umbrellas for the day, water rentals are available ($45 for half hour of jetskis)

Would you reccomend it.....???

I've only heard great things about it but we're going in May so I can't personally recommend it yet. :)

How far would you say it is from where the ship's are in Saint John's...???

It's a $12 taxi ride (per car of 4 people but there aren't any deals for 2 people insetad of 4) and is one of the closest to the port. I've heard it's about a 15 minute cab ride.

The other beach we heavily considered was Long Bay Beach by the Grand Pineapple AI resort. However it was a $35 much longer cab ride and they had the same amenities so we've decided it isn't worth the extra $$.

I can let you know more after we go in May but I hope this helps some now!

We were at Dickenson Bay about 8 years ago on our first cruise and returned there last week when we were there on the Pearl. I don't think the cab ride is even 15 minutes - most of the time is spent manuevering out of St. John's, and after that it's not far at all. We don't like to go to the beach for the entire day, and we like it because it's so close to the port and a lot of time isn't wasted traveling.

Dickenson Bay is at the front of Sandal's Resort. That is where the chairs and watersports come from, but anyone can rent them. There are also independent vendors along the beach selling drinks, etc.

We went there last week. We all thought it was quite beautiful and peaceful. There are independent vendors that offer a bunch of things. My boyfriend and cousing went out on a boat snorkling for about 2 1/2 hours for $30 a piece, and my sister, cousin, and his girlfriend all went horseback riding on the beach for $30 a piece for one hour! They all said it was great! We didn't check out the jet ski's, but they were available. The burgers were expensive, but very yummy! We had a great day, and I would definatly go back as long as Sandals still isn't open. Once Sandals opens up I think it will become extremely conjested because it is not a huge beach. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just at the beach a few days ago. Cab ride from the ship is 6 per person. The beach is nice, you can rent jet skis etc. They have some shopping and food and drinks on the beach, basically everything you would want and not far from the ship. I recommend it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My wife and I just got back. There was a section of the beach in front of Miller's By The Sea. We were able to rent a jet ski for $40 for 30 minutes. It was awesome!

CAN YOU TELL ANYMORE ABOUT THE BEACH!? (RETSAURANTS, UMBRELLAS, DISTANCE FROM CARNIVAL'S DOCK,ETC) DH AND I WERE PLANNING ON GOING TO DARKWOOD..ON NEXT WEEKS CRUISE..BUT ARE NOW CONSIDERING DICKENSON?

BY THE WAY..IN OHIO NOW..BUT GREW UP IN BATON ROUGE!!

THANKS,

JENNIFER

CAN YOU TELL ANYMORE ABOUT THE BEACH!? (RETSAURANTS, UMBRELLAS, DISTANCE FROM CARNIVAL'S DOCK,ETC) DH AND I WERE PLANNING ON GOING TO DARKWOOD..ON NEXT WEEKS CRUISE..BUT ARE NOW CONSIDERING DICKENSON?

BY THE WAY..IN OHIO NOW..BUT GREW UP IN BATON ROUGE!!

THANKS,

JENNIFER

See my review below, Dickenson's is great!

There were probably 3 bar/restaurants on the beach where you can get the normal burger, etc., an Umbrella and 2 Chairs were $20 for the day, it was about a 5-10 min cab ride from the dock and was $12 per cab for up to 3 people and $3 per person if you had 4 or more people. There were jet skis, windsurfing, kayaks, etc. for rent at the beach. The water was perfect, the sand was soft, and it wasn't crowded at all.

OK, I’ve read about Turner’s, Darkwood, Dickenson Bay, and a few others. They all sound like beautiful beaches with chair rentals and available shade as well as some type of food all of which is important to some in our party. I am mainly interested in decent snorkeling, though I am only ¼ of our party. Please help me find a beach with good snorkeling also. All help is really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Long Bay is a very nice place to go. adjacent to Pineapple beach resort. 2 options, one end of beach is part of long bay resort and you will be able to snorkel here a short diatance from the shore, and alongside end of beach where there are some rocky areas. beach is beautiful and you have choices to rent beach chairs at Long bay or adjacent beach. Beach in front of pineapple resort is more active.You can find services all along this area.

I just got back from the Adventure of the seas on Sunday. Our favorite port was antigua. We spent the day at Dickensons Bay Beach. Amazing views. We didn't snorkel, so I can't help you there. We took a taxi to the beach. He dropped us off at Tony's Watersports. We rented 4 chairs and an umbrella for $20, A jetski for 1/2 an hour ($45) and a hobie cat for 1 hour ($45 w/ lessons). There was a bar and restaurant nearby. We loved it!

Cruisechic470, Thank you for your reply. That sounds great too, I just wish you knew about snorkeling there. I really like the idea of the Hobie Cat, I used to own one many many years ago and I'd sure like to take one out again, especially in warm weather & water. Thanks and welcome back.

I just got back from the Adventure of the seas on Sunday. Our favorite port was antigua. We spent the day at Dickensons Bay Beach. Amazing views. We didn't snorkel, so I can't help you there. We took a taxi to the beach. He dropped us off at Tony's Watersports. We rented 4 chairs and an umbrella for $20, A jetski for 1/2 an hour ($45) and a hobie cat for 1 hour ($45 w/ lessons). There was a bar and restaurant nearby. We loved it!
A I'M HANDICAPPED AND USE A WALKER, IS IT EASY ACCESS TO THE BEAch from the taxi???

Cruisechic470, Thank you for your reply. That sounds great too, I just wish you knew about snorkeling there. I really like the idea of the Hobie Cat, I used to own one many many years ago and I'd sure like to take one out again, especially in warm weather & water. Thanks and welcome back.

Thanks. I would start a new threah specifically about dickenson's snorkeling. I'm sure someone else can help you. We had a great time on the Hobie cat, It was large enough to hold 4 of us and the instructor. I wish I had time to snorkel!

See my review below, Dickenson's is great!

There were probably 3 bar/restaurants on the beach where you can get the normal burger, etc., an Umbrella and 2 Chairs were $20 for the day, it was about a 5-10 min cab ride from the dock and was $12 per cab for up to 3 people and $3 per person if you had 4 or more people. There were jet skis, windsurfing, kayaks, etc. for rent at the beach. The water was perfect, the sand was soft, and it wasn't crowded at all.

I agree! Dickenson's is great! We just returned from the AOS, and we had a great time. We rented 4 chairs and an umbrella ($20), a jetski for 30 minutes ($40) and a hobie cat for 1 hour with lessons ($45)

• 2 weeks later...

We spent our day at Dickenson Bay and had a wonderful beach day - anyone have any questions would be glad to answer - short taxi ride was $3pp each way. Chair rental $5 each. Sat at Tony's beach bar but if had to do over would rent chairs next door at Sneaky Pete's. Pete was very nice, supports local humane society, had a nice bartender - found Tony's staff to be on the rude side.

We spent our day at Dickenson Bay and had a wonderful beach day - anyone have any questions would be glad to answer - short taxi ride was $3pp each way. Chair rental $5 each. Sat at Tony's beach bar but if had to do over would rent chairs next door at Sneaky Pete's. Pete was very nice, supports local humane society, had a nice bartender - found Tony's staff to be on the rude side.

Were there any locker rentals available? What about umbrellas.

Thanks!

Long Bay is known to have decent snorkeling. Deep bay had a few fish near shore but there is a sunken boat the Andes not too far from shore that the Jolly Roger used to anchor by and it was a neat spot to snorkel. We did not see anything interesting at Dickenson. Halfmoon had some interesting fish and crabs as well.

Karysa

Sneaky Pete only had snacks, chips, nuts. There was food at Tony's - grilled cheese for $5, fries were $4, curry goat was $12!!! We took some combos and cookies to hold us over and ate back on the ship.

There were umbrellas for rent that were included with your chair rental.

We really did like the beach, soft, soft sand and turquoise, calm water.

Archived