Diamond - Inside Cabin Question

mithryl

I'm considering an upcoming repositioning cruise on the Diamond. Only inside cabins are left. Has anyone stayed in an inside cabin on this ship? If so, can you describe it in terms of comfort? I've looked at the diagram and it appears there is only one chair to sit in. There's something showing under the desk, but I can't tell if it's a desk chair, a table that pulls out or an otamen.

How comfortable are the beds made into a queen?

Any information you're willing to provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I very much like the layout of the interior cabins on 'The Diamond......First request an 'Eggcrate' foam underlay to be put on your bed the mattresses ar'nt bad at all.

There is only one chair at the dressing table which faces the bed.....Behind the wall of the dressing table is the large rail for hanging all your clothing......plenty of room for two... on the side a large closet for holding more clothing and contains your private safe. Also there is your washroom with shower.....that is a little small......but usual for most ships...So that area clothes closet open and washroom are hidden from bedroom area.....Your fridge is the left hand side of dressing table and TV is fitted high on that side facing the beds.As I mentioned above I liked layout very much.:)

I had an inside cabin and it is fine. PLEASE BE CAREFUL of the LOCATION!! :eek: I was in C746 and whenever the ship was moving, my cabin vibrated badly. So much so that I did not sleep very well. I am a light sleeper so other people may not be as bothered by the vibration. I will never choose that location again. The cabin is above an "empty" part of the ship.......meaning there aren't any cabins below it and on the deck plans it is white space.

So bottom line is inside cabins are fine..........just watch the location! :)

hi- We only take inside mid-ship rooms....at fabulous rates!! We're in there to sleep or change into our bathing suits, so for us anything else would be a waste of money. We find the rooms to be fine.

We thought the inside room was perfectly fine, just ask them to remove the ridiculous table. We couldn't find any room for it! We also brought our entire house with us, and we had more than enough room. We even had empty shelves (gasp, the horror!).

I'm considering an upcoming repositioning cruise on the Diamond….can you describe it in terms of comfort? I've looked at the diagram and it appears there is only one chair to sit in. There's something showing under the desk, but I can't tell if it's a desk chair…..

We have been on the Diamond and the Sapphire, which is its sister ship. We had two interiors on the Sapphire and found them, well, compact. There is one straight back chair at the desk and a small, for lack of a better word, table. The table is about two feet high and round. Our cabin was configured as a queen and had problems with this “table” being in the way. On the second night we put it in the closet and pulled out a couple of times when needed for room service. The other cabin happened to be a “quad”, so the room is always set up for the two twin beds. The “table” stayed out of the way at the foot of the first bed when you entered the room.

Though we prefer a balcony, we adapted to the interior quickly. The lack of daylight is the major drawback. We brought a large LED alarm clock since there is no way of telling if it’s sunrise or nor when you first wake up. This item is a “must bring along”, but because of the ship’s electrical supply, it lost 2-4 minutes a day. Just a nuisance to keep resetting the time, nothing more. Since we were about the ship most of the time, the one chair wasn't an issue.

There are plenty of storage space (drawers and closet space) for 2 people. If you can get a good deal on inside cabins, especially on the Plaza deck, then go for it. Try to pick mid-ship locations or any inside cabins between the mid-ship elevators and the AFT elevators. I don't recommend inside cabins too far in the front of the ship (too much walking to get to the buffet area). There is more vibrations in inside cabins aft of the AFT elevators.

You may need more counter space in the bathroom, but that's easily solved by bringing a long a collapsable shoe organizer (with velcro top) so you can store your hair brushes, sun screen, other toiletry stuff in the shoe organizer. I got one at IKEA for $7.99 a while back.

I would recommend packing 2 plastic hangers so you can hang your wet bathing suits in the bathroom shower stall. Although they provide unlimited hangers for your closet, but they are wooden hangers and I don't like to hang wet bathing suits on wooden hangers.

The chair in front of the desk is a side arm upholstered chair. We usually end up putting clothes on the chair, rather than sitting in it. We watched TV from the bed.

BTW, we usually have 4 people (2 kids) in an inside cabin. The kids really enjoyed the bunk bed situation.

.....The chair in front of the desk is a side arm upholstered chair...

Interior on Sapphire and Caribe balcony on Diamond. Straight back wooden chair at desk on both ships. With the interior cabins, there's simply no room for an “side arm upholstered" chair. Even if it wasn’t being used, it could not fit under the small desk.

I am sure many people already use this "trick". We leave TV on ship camera channel without sound. This way during the night it's dark, but during the day it's like having the window. :)

Archived