LA cruise port to LAX - best way?

mirkymirk

Greetings,

We are cruising from Van to Mexico and ending in LA from Sept 23 to Oct 7th. We arrive in LA at the pier at 7am, have to disembark and then catch a return flight home in the afternoon (probably about 4pm or so).

How much time should we leave in travelling between the pier and LAX? What's the best method? Taxi? Rental car? Shuttle? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

cheers.

We are thinking of doing this cruise next year and are wondering the same thing? Taxi or cruise transfers from LAX to Long Beach??:confused: I think the flights arrive around 11-Noon The bad part about ship transfers is that you have to wait for them to fill up the bus. The good part is if your plane is late (and the one time on our Alaska cruise that we used the ships transfers this happened to us) the ship just MIGHT wait for you as they will be missing a whole busload of passengers-

Hi Molly,

As I get a bit of time to do research...I keep learning. So, it seems that LongBeach is closer to the Port (San Pedro) but the airline we are flying back on (Air Canada) doesn't appear to leave from there so we are headed out via LAX. Both aren't too far away really, but taxis appear to be about $40 - 50; SuperShuttle seems the most economical as you pay a larger lump sum for one person (eg., $28) and then something like $9. for each additional person.

I guess what we end up going with ourselves will depend on the amount of time we have in between. We port at 7am and then 2-3 hours for disembarking - flights departing at 7pm. We may decide to rent a car for a few hours because then at least we have some freedom to do something. It sounds like you are flying out earlier in the day so you may want to consider the SuperSHuttle?

Anything else I find out...(or others do)... I'll let you know. Cheers.

Archived