similar to Tim Hortons ...

Tim's helps with our sense of humour!,,,You should try one! Just kidding with you!!!!

You might want to reread the community guidelines. This thread has been fine all day until you have decided to call me naive among other things. I offered my opinion as many others have in this thread. Take aim elsewhere.

Yep, in R.I. too.

There was a big publicity buildup: "15 million Canadians..", TV, radio, print ads, etc. I was excited because I'm not a big fan of Dunkin' Donuts (too weak!) and I was hoping this place would be better.

Then one finally opened up in my area and the coffee tasted like it had been filtered through a used cat box. I tried it on 2 occasions, just to give them a bit of a fair shake.

Waited for another one to open up nearby and when it did their coffee wasn't unpleasant like the first place, but it was even weaker than Dunkin' Donuts.

So maybe they need to send some real Canadians down here to show us idjit Americans how to properly brew this stuff?

I wouldn't care, but I really like their donuts & Timbits! I just need a proper cup of coffee to wash them down.

Send Canadians! NOW! :D

RI here too, and Former Bess Eaton lover's. We gave "Timmies" a try several times only to throw out the coffee. After all the hype everyone was curious as to how this was considered good coffie anywhere. And their packaging was so 70's. Coffee everywhere!

Well after we switched to Dunkin Dounut's, my brother told us that the food he had in the way of sandwiches, was very good. After several months of growing pains, we tried them again. Not only do we like the coffee, but the food is very good! We like Starbucks for a very stong but flavorful cup of coffee, but Tim's is more of a quality, you could drink it all day type of coffe.

After a few bad experiences at Dunkin's lately, I will only go to Tim's. Do miss Bessy though! LOL But for all those that thought it was bad when they first came here, I suggest trying it again!

PS They do have better cups now too!

PPS I don't know what kind of coffee they use, but the best coffee, I've tasted was at "Allies" in NK RI. And the best doughnuts made there fresh daily... I think I need a road trip. :)

PS They do have better cups now too!

I wish they'd upgrade them here.

I have to say I love Tim Horton's so much, that when the IPO came out we purchased stock. My husband has sold his (goof ball), but I purchased more. I figure once the rest of the country sees what they are missing..... :)

I know we can get quite obsessive about Tim's and there is a fringe theory out there that an addictive element had been added to the coffee ... OK now I REALLY am kidding!

I think there may be a touch of truth to that....

We won the War of 1812 didn't we??:D

Yes, but we both made mistakes during the war. The US managed to burn down the city of York (Toronto) and we stupidly rebuilt it. :D

Of course, we singed the Presidential Palace which had to be rebuilt and painted white to hide the scorch marks, earning the name White House.

As for Tim Horton's, quality is a serious issue. Coffee that gets to 20 minutes is disposed of and a new pot brewed. If your coffee is too close to the bottom or has been there too long, they will replace it.

They are very demanding when it comes to cleanliness of the food. They onces pulled an entire type of sandwich because a store was storing it incorrectly. The sandwiches are excellent and always made fresh. They have a great veggie sandwich, too.

I can only seem to get my Bran and Date muffin in Quebec. They don't have it on Ontario. If you want me to visit (or moved to) Toronto, you better fix the muffin mix at Tim's. I'm not moving without my Bran and Date muffins.

Incidentally, Tim's decaf coffee is a Swiss Water processed decaf. Non chemical way to decaffeinate the coffee.

Insulting Tim Horton's in Canada is taken very personally.

I am from Buffalo, and I love Tim Hortons! I have Caffe Mocha, and I like it much better than Dunkin. I enjoyed the coffee very much from the Promendade and also I didnt have any problems with it in the morning with room service, I do not like Starbucks at all, I felt as if it is much milder on the ship, also I did order Caffe Mochas from Ben and Jerry's and it was delicious, use your coupons if you have them from your coupon book.

Sandy :)

Going off topic, I was born in Stamford and still have family there. Did you ever go to the Colony Bar and Grill for pizza?

Sure did, also Pelicci's (?). I sure do miss Bess Eaton donuts though. Did you go to school there? I went to Roxbury Elem. Cloonan Jr. High and Westhill which was brand new.

My husband is a big drinker of Tim's coffee and he had no complaints about the coffee on the ship. He also has the occassional Starbucks coffee and his only complaint about that is the price.

If anyone has a Tim Horton's coffee and isn't impressed with the quality just take it back. They will gladly give you another one or refund your money.

My only complaint about Tim's right now is that I am not winning anything on roll up the rim :mad:

Yes, but we both made mistakes during the war. The US managed to burn down the city of York (Toronto) and we stupidly rebuilt it. :D

Now Ephraim that was not very nice! Isn't it enough that we acknowledge you have the best bagels in the country! Toronto aims to be another New York City with it's theater district...and speaking of drama what's with those elections of yours! Mario Dumont certainly is the man of the hour! I hope we never have to hear referendum issues over our Tim's again!:D

My husband is a big drinker of Tim's coffee and he had no complaints about the coffee on the ship. He also has the occassional Starbucks coffee and his only complaint about that is the price.

If anyone has a Tim Horton's coffee and isn't impressed with the quality just take it back. They will gladly give you another one or refund your money.

My only complaint about Tim's right now is that I am not winning anything on roll up the rim :mad:

I won a donut this morning! Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL! :p

Now Ephraim that was not very nice! Isn't it enough that we acknowledge you have the best bagels in the country! Toronto aims to be another New York City with it's theater district...and speaking of drama what's with those elections of yours! Mario Dumont certainly is the man of the hour! I hope we never have to hear referendum issues over our Tim's again!:D

Toronto (also known as Tronna) aims to be a lot of things - but a world class city it isn't! Helsinki, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Istanbul, Tokyo - yes. Toronto - no. Unfortunately Toronto does have the notion that the country revolves around us....more's the pity. It would be nice to have a half-decent public transportation system, for instance. My consolation is the large number of Tim Horton's franchises there are nearby (two near home and two near work), and Tim's great chili, as well as the coffee.

Fran in Tronna

Toronto (also known as Tronna) aims to be a lot of things - but a world class city it isn't! Helsinki, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Istanbul, Tokyo - yes. Toronto - no. Unfortunately Toronto does have the notion that the country revolves around us....more's the pity. It would be nice to have a half-decent public transportation system, for instance. My consolation is the large number of Tim Horton's franchises there are nearby (two near home and two near work), and Tim's great chili, as well as the coffee.

Fran in Tronna

Luckily I don't live in Tronna.

Richmond Hill is a world class city :p ;)

Let's get this right... Montreal has the bet FOOD in the country. Bagels. Smoked Meat. Bread. Coffee. Etc. And let's not get into night life and fashion.

Now, I love Toronto, it's New York City run by the Swiss. And almost as important as Zurich. Yes, Zurich.

I'd like to have another referendum. Here's the question: Should it be illegal to have a more than one referendum on the same question?

Fran in Tronna

Toronto is just as important to the world as Zurich, Switzerland and just as memorable. I like that it's clean and let's face it, polite. But original isn't something that Toronto strives for. Heck, they even renamed Church and Wellseley "The Village" like in Montreal. C'mon people, be a bit more original.

What I could never figure out is why Toronto has not discovered the one way street. I drive near my father's place and every street is two directions. Finch, Steeles, Dundas, etc. They would move so much quicker as one way streets with less interference from turns. Instead you guys live in gridlock and with the world's longest parking lot.

As for traffic and transport, we have our own problems here. I still can't figure out why they can't just build a nice large indoor parking lot for free near the metro on the other side of the bridge and cut down on the bridge traffic.

I love Tim's hot smoothie. Finally something for us non-coffee drinkers!

Tim Hortons is so much a part of the fabric of Canada, they opened an outlet in Afghanastan where the Canadian Forces are based. It is one of the more popular "from home" places at the base. Even US personnel are converting to Timmies.

:)

Sure did, also Pelicci's (?). I sure do miss Bess Eaton donuts though. Did you go to school there? I went to Roxbury Elem. Cloonan Jr. High and Westhill which was brand new.

My folks moved to NJ before I was of school age. One of the owners of The Colony was my father's Best Man. I practically grew up in the kitchen.

Tim Hortons is a canadian coffee chain and is sooooo not like Starbucks. Tim's is more like a Dunkin Donuts with yesterday's coffee. I found it very watered down and never had a fresh cup. I really missed my Dunkins when I have traveled in Canada. As far as a coffee condow, your guess is probably better than mine.:eek: :D

Ooohh... You are so going to get flamed for insulting our national Tim Hortons' coffee :)

You probably went to a bad franchisee, because Tim's coffee is so much better than Dunkins Donuts. It is not the strong coffee from Coffee Depot or Second Cup, but it is a great coffee

I have a friend from Canada who tells me in order to have the full "Canada Experience" I have to have a coffee at Tim Hortons , The chicken at Suisse Chalet , and a muffin from Treats. *LOL*

I am assumeing these are all good things :)

Montreal version of that is....

Coffee from Tim's

Chicken from St-Hubert

Smoked Meat from Schwartz's (Ben's is gone, get over it!)

Poutine from almost any greasy spoon (not at McDonald's!)

Bagel from St-Viateur or Fairmont (they are two different religions, you gotta pick one of the two.)

Archived