Please tell me about the Ice Show...

My wife and I will be on the Mariner at the end of May and I am curious as to what exactly the ice show is. Is it like figure skating/ice dancing pairs or is it more of a Cirque du Soleil on ice type thing???

I love sports and my wife is from Canada, so unless they have hockey sticks or curling stones we might not be that interested in going and I don't want to take up available tickets from someone that may really be interested in going.

Thanks for any info!!!

I am going on the same cruise as you. I am so excited about my first voyager class ship!! From what I heard the ice show is not to be missed. There are two performances (identical I think, correct me if I am wrong) during the cruise. I think you have to get tickets, but only for crowd control, they don't cost anything. We should check out the roll call or Meet & Mingle for this cruise.

My wife and I will be on the Mariner at the end of May and I am curious as to what exactly the ice show is. Is it like figure skating/ice dancing pairs or is it more of a Cirque du Soleil on ice type thing???

I love sports and my wife is from Canada, so unless they have hockey sticks or curling stones we might not be that interested in going and I don't want to take up available tickets from someone that may really be interested in going.

Thanks for any info!!!

Sorry, no hockey sticks or curling stones. It is an ice skating show set to music

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1364653581050218342wbNxVQ

How do you get the tickets? I'll be on the Voyager soon and my daughters would love to see it.

Your Cruise Compass will list the day, time and location where the free tickets can be picked up. Seating is open. You can send one person from your party to pick up all of your tickets...

Don't miss it!

LL

It's more like Ice Capades than Cirque du' Soliel! There are usually some "famous" skaters in the show--some you've seen on TV. It's a good show, and each show is identical. There should be 2 shows for each dining seating, since the theater isn't large enough for everyone at once. Just read your Compass or listen for the "ticket pick-up" announcement.

Don't miss the ice show!!! We saw it last February. Probably 15 out of our group of 30 went, and the others were sad they didn't choose to go. I love ice skating, DH not so much. One of the couples we cruised with were on their 30-somethingth cruise. All of us said it was the most amazing show, if not highlight of the week. There is an amazing amount of skill and strength on that ice rink. Even the "sportier" sides of you will appreciate it.

We saw it on NOS 2 years ago. It was the most enyoyable family show we have seen on both Celebrity and RCCL! It was packed, so get your tickets early. We will miss it on JOS on 4/7/07 since they don't have a rink, but I'm sure we find something else to occupy our entertainment time!:)

The ice show is fantastic, and Yes at one point they are actually skating in hockey jerseys and hockey sticks! Get your tickets early though because they fill out fast.

Have a great cruise!!!

The ice shows on the various ships have different themes so you may not see hockey jerseys and sticks but whatever the theme is, the shows are fantastic. Two of the shows we have seen had a circus theme while another had a futuristic theme and setting. Some of the individual skaters have some spectacular acts. If you are unable to get tickets, go to Studio B just before the show is scheduled to begin. Sometimes there are empty seats and you will be able to get in once everyone with tickets has been admitted. It really is something not to be missed and I wouldn't want someone to miss it just because the tickets ran out. :)

Here's a tip I picked up here on CC before our 11/26/06 Mariner Cruise-

If you have young kids attending the ice show, there is a chance that they may be in it.

As you enter studio B, move to the left side and ask an usher if your kids are interested. They have 5-6 seats reserved down front for the kids to sit in, and then at the appropriate time during the show, the skaters come over help them onto the ice.

At our show, our 3 yr old DD wanted to do it, and the theme of the show was the Big Circus, so during the show, the clowns came out with a little train (think small scale zamboni towing 2-3 cars with seats). They put the children into the seats, drove the train around the ice while the kids waved to the audience, and then returned them to their seats for the rest of the show.

My dd's smile was enough to know she loved it.

happy sailing,

Wendy

We just got off the Mariner on March 18th. They introduced a new ice show (the first time that this group had performed it in front of an audience). It was very much like a Cirque-de-Soleil show and it had a Circus Theme. It was beautiful, imaginative and amazing. Don't miss it (and have a great time!).:)

Archived