Carnival bans H2O

seaisme

No, this really IS a matter of personal rights and freedoms.

IT IS NOT. Why bring it into this realm when it has NO significance. When people make their "ITS MY RIGHT" claim to such a simple issue they are just showing their personal frustration over something they cannot control.

This is not simply a business where you go in, make a purchase or watch a show, etc., the ship is a cruiser's "home" for however long the cruise lasts..

It is not your home. You are a guest of the cruise line. You cannot do what you want, anytime you want, like you can in your own home. There are rules and guidelines you must comply with. I have the right to possess a gun in my home, but not in my stateroom.

Other than wanting to make even more money off their passengers, I can't think of one legitimate reason why a cruise line would get involved in what a passenger was bringing aboard - beverage wise..

THAT is sufficient reason in my mind. The cruise line does not need a legitmate reason to run their business the way they want to. And sorry to say, they do not have to give any of us a reason to justify their decisions. Now if we do not like their new business policy it is our choice to shop elsewhere.

I can remember when bringing aboard your own liquor wasn't a problem, either. I hope the cruise lines reconsider this action; better yet, hope this is just another dirty rumor.

We can all remember when things were different. I remember 32 cent gasoline. I remember free ice cream. We all can wish and hope for coulda woulda shoulda. Maybe the line would reconsider. But, bottom line is they have a business to run and stockholders to answer to.

No, this really IS a matter of personal rights and freedoms. This is not simply a business where you go in, make a purchase or watch a show, etc., the ship is a cruiser's "home" for however long the cruise lasts.

......a cruise ship is unique.....you can't compare it to a home.......your castle that you rule......a ship is a dictatorship......where you live under the control of one person.....who has ultimate authority.....the Captain......;)

Archived