elite questions wwyd

latitude 22

I personally have mixed feelings on what I'm about to ask...

and would like some feedback on this...

As an Elite I get priority embarkation, disembarkation, Captains Circle party etc etc.

In May I will be on the Star Princess with my brand new DH who has never ever cruised before on anyone he's traveled all over the world just on land...If all goes well Princess will be getting another 24 sailing days a year with us switching our mode of travel to cruising exotic itineraries on top of the other 45 days a year that I travel with my mom

Now when I planned my wedding proper etiquette was drilled into me on every level...

one rule of thumb... you never not include someone's spouse

The last 2 Captains Circle Hosts that I spoke with, one in Dec 2006 on the Dawn and the other 3 weeks ago on the Dawn said they would not allow my new DH to accompany me to any Captains Circle events or benefits such as disembarkation lounge etc etc...

So basically according to them..I will be giving up the convenience of some of my earned benefits when I travel with him.

Now granted he didn't earn them and that is sticking point within myself ...on the flip side I didn't earn his incredible health care package I married into it.

So, I guess my questions for my fellow elites....

have you ever traveled with a blue or gold card and what happened?

should I have to forfiet some of my benefits...

I'm certainly not going to leave my DH behind on our 1st anniversary cruise and his 1st cruise.

or should I push for him to be included at the Captains Circle party, disembarkation lounge etc...

remember the more he's wowed by Princess, a lot of money will be coming their way

and on a selfish note .......

I will never have to lug my suitcase up and down train station stairs all over Europe again for weeks at a time!:)

Let's keep the responses civil please...

DW is a Commodore Agent which gives her a black card when she cruises. I am a lowly Platinum.

We always get two of everything in the cabin, tender passes, invite to the Elite luncheon, disembarkation, etc.

It would be pretty stupid of them to make their Elite pax mad by excluding spouses traveling along!

I think If you tried to bring your whole family and friends along they would object. But your cabin mate should be included.

DW is a Commodore Agent which gives her a black card when she cruises. I am a lowly Platinum.

We always get two of everything in the cabin, tender passes, invite to the Elite luncheon, disembarkation, etc.

It would be pretty stupid of them to make their Elite pax mad by excluding spouses traveling along!

I think If you tried to bring your whole family and friends along they would object. But your cabin mate should be included.

100% agreed

Princess should not discount your Elite status, nor should they discount the fact that the two of you are married. Did you retain your name... perhaps that's the problem. Hope you won't have to but if you do, go above the Captain Circle host. In the past, I've found the hotel manager has a lot of clout.

So, I guess my questions for my fellow elites....

have you ever traveled with a blue or gold card and what happened?

I'm certainly not going to leave my DH behind on our 1st anniversary cruise and his 1st cruise.

or should I push for him to be included at the Captains Circle party, disembarkation lounge etc...

remember the more he's wowed by Princess, a lot of money will be coming their way

and on a selfish note .......

I will never have to lug my suitcase up and down train station stairs all over Europe again for weeks at a time!:)

Let's keep the responses civil please...

This doesn't seem right. I'm Platinum on Carnival and my cabin mate was allowed to board and get priority disembarkation with me. I will be going on a RCCL with a Diamond and I get to board and disembark with her. I get to go to the party with her too. On NCL I also was able board and get priority disembarkation with my cabin mate.

I understand not being able to go the past guest party as he isn't. I wasn't allowed to take a guest to that as a previous poster has. He should get to board and get priority disembarkation with you, as your in the same cabin.

It's too bad that you didnt spread out your cruises among other cruiselines.

Now if you had been platinum or diamond or diamond plus on RCI, it would have linked your new husband in and he would have attained your same status even if he has less points for cruising. He could have shared in all your benefits.

I have cruised Elite with my husband who is Platinum, my son who until recently was not allowed to accumulate cruise credits because of his age and a friend who had never cruised Princess before. Each and every time I have ALWAYS been given 2 of each item. The friend boarded with me so got priority and also came to the most travelled luncheon.

I am also the highest ranking on Holland America, RCCL/Celebrity...

Over the years I've spread myself out to include now defunct lines, only Sitmar credits were transfered to be active with Princess. everything else I lost.

The Scandinavia/Russia cruise itinerary on Princess worked best for us since we are flying post cruise from Copenhagen

to Latvia 4 nights and 4 nights in Lithuania, though the Celebrity one was studied extensively.

I do like Princess and have considered myself a cheerleader

Traveled with my in-laws on the Golden April 06. DW & I were Platinum at that time. Had them stay with us through the priority check-in at the port. No questions asked. When on board DW & I went to the Captain's Circle Hostess on board and told her we were traveling with the folks first time on princess. Can we bring them to the party and the disembarkation lounge. No problem we were told. We had a good experience.

Most of my cruises toward platinum status were also from Sitmar. When I sailed on my first Princess cruise last October, I brought along my DH of three years who had never sailed before. He was included in every Platinum perk that I received. And btw, I retained my maiden name, so that made no difference, he was still included. So relax and enjoy all of your perks...together.:)

I've also never had any problems having DH or any of our guests included in priority boarding, the CC party, or the disembarkation lounge at the end of the trip.

Interestingly, back in 1999 when I married my DH, my Princess cruise credits ''transferred'' to him and he actually got to be the A on our Captain's Circle account. Maybe they're keeping better records now, but I always think it is funny when he tells everyone he has been on X number of cruises on Princess when the first 3 I did without him! :D

Go, enjoy, and just nicely ask if you are even questioned. I'm betting you won't be.

I will chime in with my experience, also. I have found that my Captains Circle benefits were extended to my traveling companion, who had not previously sailed Princess. There was no "splitting us up" at priority check in, at the priority embarkion lounge, when attending gatherings, or when utilizing the priority tender passes (they gave us 2). Have a great time, and enjoy those perks with your new husband!

The last 2 Captains Circle Hosts that I spoke with, one in Dec 2006 on the Dawn and the other 3 weeks ago on the Dawn said they would not allow my new DH to accompany me to any Captains Circle events...

.....invitations are addressed to Mr. and Mrs xxxxxxxx.

The only things I can see DH not getting are free laundry(under his name), free internet, free upgrade to gold insurance, that type of stuff. Parties and invitations and such normally include a spouse or guest.

I recently sailed with my dad and while I was elite, it was his first cruise. He was able to come with me to the priority embarkation, disembarkation lounge, and the Captain's Circle events. No problem whatsoever. I plan to cruise with both my parents this summer and even though we are in different cabins, I expect that they will get to go through the priority embarkation and disembarkation with me.

When it comes to priority check-in what does one do? How do you get to the priority area? is there one? This will be my first cruise as a platinum member- WOOHOO!

Just look for the sign -- or ask any uniformed attendant.

Have a GREAT cruise!

The only things I can see DH not getting are free laundry(under his name), free internet, free upgrade to gold insurance, that type of stuff. Parties and invitations and such normally include a spouse or guest.
I agree with this. Perks that are part of one passenger's booking and cruise card, such as what Donna mentioned, that are charged and then credited on the Platinum/Elite cruise card are excluded.

Thanks for all your responses...

Since 2 captain circle hosts were adamant that he wouldn't be included, I wanted to hear all of your thoughts

I have not changed my name for a variety of reasons, but I am the lead name on the reservation. My boarding pass reflects priority embarkation, so we will do that.

The insurance is a non issue, we do other insurance since I have a prexisitng chronic pain/health issue. The insurance we use covers if I need to be evacuated, etc. etc.

I will be taking him to the Welcome Aboard Party if he enjoys that and wants to do more than he will be my guest at the Captain Circle Party, but I will graciously check with the host onboard prior to the party.

There are no tenders on our itinerary so this is a non issue THIS time.

I just remembered that our flight leaves Copenhagen for Riga Latvia at 3:30pm, so I will request to get off as late as possible. Disembarkation lounge won't be needed as we will probably hang out in the Horizon Court.

Internet ....since he's with me on this cruise I will probably have minutes left over

Wine Tasting ... we will be paying for his.

Here's what I'm going to do which I'm sure is ???. Laundry for both of us. We will be gone 3 weeks and our hotels post cruise for 8 days in Latvia and Lithuania don't have laundry service.

If there's a problem with that or him coming to the Captains Circle or most cruised lunch as my guest I will let you know!

When it comes to priority check-in what does one do? How do you get to the priority area? is there one? This will be my first cruise as a platinum member- WOOHOO!

I believe your platinum staus begins after your 5th cruise.........you might have to wait one more:eek:

We were on the coral last may for a 19 day full transit canal cruise. I was the only one in our group that was platinum and I could take DH and friends everywhere with me. Even to all the Captain's stuff and they were able to come into the "Captain Circle" lounge for disembarking also. I don't think you should have any problem at all!!

Have a great cruise!!!!

Archived