Carnival now prohibits bringing non-alcoholic beverages onboard

EMess

'Carnival Cruise Lines now prohibits passengers from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard, including bottles of water'

Wonder if this is going to affect Princess since they are owned by the same company? This is really going to cost me. Now, not only can I not sneak my Captain Morgan's on board, but I also won't be able to bring my mixers. Might have to invest in a "Belly Bag"

'Carnival Cruise Lines now prohibits passengers from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard, including bottles of water'

Wonder if this is going to affect Princess since they are owned by the same company? This is really going to cost me. Now, not only can I not sneak my Captain Morgan's on board, but I also won't be able to bring my mixers. Might have to invest in a "Belly Bag"

Please provide a source for this allegation.

My understanding was that this has been in effect for some time, not new. Right around the time they stopped the liquor sales in the shop that could be brought back to your cabin for a bit of extra cost. Maybe I just read where they were going to impliment this change or something?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would be the main reason they are not allowing this anymore. With nothing being able to be brought onboard, their sales will sore.

Doug it is on the home page of Cruise Critic.

marilyn

Thanks Marilyn et al. It is now buried in the "Other News" section and you have to click a link to even see the headline, which is why I missed it.

They used to ban the liquor from coming on board. They would confinscate it.... But to not allow a couple of sodas and waters... That's ridiculous.... Of course it's all about $$ for them but for the same reason as us.. If it wasn't so expensive, people wouldn't have to smuggle soda/water on board.... I don't agree with a case of soda/water but a couple of bottles, doesn't seem too much.....:rolleyes:

Thanks Marilyn et al. It is now buried in the "Other News" section and you have to click a link to even see the headline, which is why I missed it.

Doug I just noticed that. When I told you on my last post it was a headline news but since then CC has put new stories on the home page. They change these stories about every 3-4 days. Sorry about that but glad you found it.

marilyn

By tahe way have you been noticing these pics that are on front page. Some of themn are really very good especially the port ones. Some great, great pics.

If Carnival corp are going to ban folk bringing their own bottles of Coke / 7 up etc onboard they had better face the fact that nasty aluminium cans are poisonous and that many people are allergic to aluminium

when Carnival then get sued for the results maybe then they will face reality

I am concerned about this as well. With five people in our family, I hate to think what it would cost me to buy each of us a water bottle to take on each excursion with us! We are traveling in July and we will need that water.

We were planning on taking a case of water (remember there are 5 of us!) and a couple 12 packs of soda (we drink Mountain Dew and RC). I certainly do not think that is unreasonable.

I hope this means that the ship will start stocking products other than just Coca-Cola products.....I like Pepsi, and only Pepsi....and not one ship that I've been on (the mainstream lines) carries anything but Coca-Cola products. And that is why I bring my own Pepsi.

They want happer cruisers, don't they :D

If Carnival corp are going to ban folk bringing their own bottles of Coke / 7 up etc onboard they had better face the fact that nasty aluminium cans are poisonous and that many people are allergic to aluminium. when Carnival then get sued for the results maybe then they will face reality

This logic escapes me.....:confused: Every "can of coke" I have ever ordered came with the aluminium can. So I know what I am drinking and where it came from. If I am allergic to aluminium, why would I drink the soda from it.

If someone knows they have the allergy they would ask for a soda gun drink.

Real weak and futile attempt at a reason to allow carryon drinks. ;)

I am concerned about this as well. With five people in our family, I hate to think what it would cost me to buy each of us a water bottle to take on each excursion with us! We are traveling in July and we will need that water.

Bring on empty bottles and fill them before you go on your excursions. The water from tap on board is certainly drinkable.

On a brighter note, at this point it's not been banned from Princess, right -- only Carnival?

TwinCruiserMom: You should be able to bring empty water bottles on the ship and fill them with tap water. We use the same bottles over and over during a cruise.

And perhaps the new ban is being enforced because of people emptying Sprite and 7-Up bottles and refilling them with rum, gin, vodko, etc.

I can go a week without a Diet Pepsi (my preferred soft drink). After all, cruising is about trying new things--even if I end up deciding that Diet Coke isn't as good.

Chase TF

Clearly you have zero idea of just how poisonous Aluminium is or how allergies etc affect people or where you think the coke from the gun comes from or what it travels through to get into the glass

Do please carry on drinking from Aluminium cans ......ignorance is bliss !!!

If there was more of a variety of soft drinks stocked as well as a reasonable price, maybe less people would feel the need to bring their own stock onboard. I'm another person who prefers (by a lot) Pepsi products. And I also try to drink some types of water (flavored) such as Vitamin Water and Propel. Not offered on the ships. Even when it comes to coke products, there's only a small selection of flavors offered.

BTW, I don't care for soda in the cans. Have had too many metallic-flavored drinks.

Chase TF

Clearly you have zero idea of just how poisonous Aluminium is or how allergies etc affect people or where you think the coke from the gun comes from or what it travels through to get into the glass

Do please carry on drinking from Aluminium cans ......ignorance is bliss !!!

Go inside... lock the doors... black out the windows... and don't venture out.

Bring on empty bottles and fill them before you go on your excursions. The water from tap on board is certainly drinkable.
More than drinkable - the suff that is desalinized out of seawater is often more pure than most bottled waters.

I wonder if this is all about money or if there is another reason - controlling underaged drinking and overdrinking. There has been a lot of bad press and incidents in the cruise industry over the last couple of years, and I suspect quite a bit can be traced to people overindulging in smuggled booze. Especially the underaged spring break crowd.

If this policy is the price we have to pay to control and eliminate the legion of staggering drunks, I will pay up with a smile. :)

vegas green

Ever wondered why its Health and Safety rules that EVERY cruise ship which enters a USA port MUST have a totally stainless steel kitchen ?

As another poster said

"dont like soda out of cans....too many metallic tasting drinks "

Like I said "ignorance is bliss" just do not say you were not warned when the results of Aluminium poisoning hit you

Our main complaint is they do not offer many choices of soda onboard.. my kids want rootbeer, orange or creme soda. Not offered. Coke, gingerale, sprite, or tonic or club sodas( this is Princess).

I think you SHOULD be allowed to bring on non alcoholic drinks IF they do not stock them.

We also resent the new liquor packages onboard Princess. My husband drinks only dark rum, or Captian Morgans spiced.. NEITHER of which is offered for in cabin purchase, ONLY white rum.. Three years ago you could at least order the Captain Morgans.. we don't mind paying for the booze or sodas, but, we want a reasonalbe selection, why pay for stuff you actully don't like much.

Archived